Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Austrian uplift locations?
  • MSP

Still on the search for a holiday location for a group this summer, now looking for options in Austria.

We want a location with a decent variety of trails, mainly we are looking for lift assisted areas, don’t mind a bit of pedalling but mainly we are there to go down the hills. And to be located in a small town where there are a few options for food and drink.

Any suggestions?

Leogang would seem the obvious choice but not sure what the access is like for natural trails outside the bike park runs.

colp

Austria is great for DH, but because of the 2m law, singletrack is limited.
    Most of the stuff I ride out of Leogang/Saalbach/Hinterglemm is cheeky stuff.
    That said, everything there is perfectly fine on an enduro bike except X-line in Saalbach and maybe the Leogang WC track.

My village (Maria Alm, 15 mins from Leogang) has 2 cracking flow trails and are just about to build another. You get free access to the lifts with most accommodation, and the village itself is stunning with outdoor pool, archery, loads to do.

In summary, if you want endless uplifted singletrack, it’s probably not for you. But there’s certainly enough for a week if you are happy to do the tracks a few times.

Thegeneralist will be along in a minute to say it’s shit because everything was too steep for him. It’s not 😀

Apartment Amadé

JAG

We holidayed in Innsbruck in 2018.

I didn’t take my bike or even hire one locally but there are lot’s of trails and uplifts via the Chair Lifts up and down the valley. I got sick of watching everyone having fun on their bikes while I didn’t 🙁

andykentos
    Free Member

There is also Solden, one side of the valley is lift assisted and the other you need to ride up. A large variety if flow trails and technical walking/shared trails. Good infrastructure as its a large ski resort in winter. Plenty of alms on the mountain to have lunch in. Easy to get to from Innsbruck, less than an hour from Innsbruck.

Google bike republic Solden to see if its what you are after.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Austrian uplift locations?’ is closed to new replies.