Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Audilbe Books
  • mrsfry
    Free Member

I confess to being a audible junkie 😳 I don’t have time to sit down and read (honest) and i found working at home is more enjoyable listeaning to someone else telling me about zombie plauges, murders and mass mayhem.

I enjoy listeaning to Penelope Keith’s potty mouth in Agatha Raisin and the Gravel voiced tones of R.C Bray…..sorry! i’m going off topic.

Any how

Alien Collection is coming to Audible

And if you like zombies and free stuff try ‘Mountain Man- The Hospital’

The Hospital

jimjam
    Free Member

I’ve been tempted to get a few things on Audible, maybe for listening in the car but ultimately I’d prefer a book. The Alien ones are a bit strange though, are they audio books based on a novelisation of the screenplay or something?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I, Partridge; We Need to Talk About Alan is the high watermark for audible books (IMHO, to ref another thread). The spoof autobiography read by Steve Coogan in character as Alan Patridge. Fabulous, just be prepared to have to stop driving due to tear-restricted vision (and I wouldnt describe myself as a fan of Partridge, particularly).

z1ppy

Im a self confessed audio book fan, surprising how few ppl seem to get on with them.
    New stuff, I’m enjoying the edward w robertson Breakers series, seems to translate really well to audio, just need book 7&8 to get to tape
    Also reckon the Expanse series by James S. A. Corey is a great full on Sci fi, again awaiting the next book in the series

bigh
    Free Member

Love them to bits, have a fairly large collection now. I’m a painter by trade and have alot of opportunity to listen. If you haven’t already then look at the Peter Grant series by Ben Aaranovitch. Brilliant narrator

AdamW
    Free Member

I’ve got a 3-month freebie trial deal as I’m in Amazon Prime. I’m perplexed by them to be honest. They’re more expensive than buying a book, which you could understand by their length but I’m not sure £7.99 per month for a book is worth it.

Anyhow I’ve got Bill Bryson’s ‘Short History of Nearly Everything’ on in the car and it seems OK.

Anyone got any recommendations for anything else? I was thinking of the George RR Martin ones; they are about 34 hours each!

mikesbikes71
    Free Member

The trouble with audiobooks is they carry on regardless whilst you drift off to sleep / daydream / concentrate on something else.
    Having said that they are good listening to whilst out dog walking.

Highly recommend Will Patton as a narrator. Listened to Mr Mercedes and the shining sequel whose title escapes me. Both excellent.
    Also transition by Iain m banks very good.
    I’m finding the gunslinger a tough listen at the moment though.

mrsfry
    Free Member

I’m on the £14 pound a month plan plus i pay £17 for the 3 extra credits once or twice a month (depends if i run out of books). I don’t think it is that expensive if you pay for the extra credits (depends on how much the books you buy cost).

For me, i need the right voice to match the story, so even if it is a fantastic book, if the voice is bad than it is a no no.

Authors/Books i truly loved.

Surviving the Evacuation

Extinction

Jeremy Robinson

Nero Wolfe

Life Among the Dead

14 and Fold

The Scarifyers

Refuge Omnibus Edition: Refuge 1 – 5

Hunger and West of Hell

Mountain Man

Agatha Raisin

Hamish Macbeth Mysteries

These are my fave chaps and lady chaps.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Just checked and I’ve got 203 books in my audible library which was more than I was expecting. Can’t listen to them when I’m doing nothing though, I need to be driving or doing something which requires me to concentrate a bit otherwise I just switch off and miss most of what’s being said.

I too have a penchant for post-apocalyptic tales of woe!

mrsfry
    Free Member

Yay 🙂

I just keep it on through the day while I work. Not a music listener.

convert

Big fan of audible but also a fan of whisper sync for voice. Brilliant concept. Only snag is the need of wifi for syncing between kindle and iphone which doesn’t work for me on holiday in remote places.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Audilbe Books’ is closed to new replies.