Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Audible books,alternatives?
  • pete68
    Free Member

Thinking of subscribing a service for downloading audible books. Anything better than “audible “? Possibly will want more than 1 book a month. I generally have headphones on at for 6 -8 hours a day at work and am getting a bit fed up of the same podcasts every week

GolfChick
    Free Member

If you go to cancel it after your one month free trial, they’ll offer it to you for half price for the next three months. Also you can buy three extra credits for £18 which isn’t too bad, a little cheaper than a cheap book from the apple books shop. Otherwise I think it’s overpriced and expensive to only get one book per month for my money. I’ll watch the thread with interest in case someone has a cheaper suggestion.

dirtyboy

Get a book on audible listen to it,send it back because you didn’t like it
    (could be a fib)
    Get credit refunded listen to another book and so on

cynic-al
    Free Member

Dirtyboy wins.

**** Amazon.

TheBrick
    Free Member

There are quite a few classics on YouTube. Listening to brave new world ATM

gauss1777
    Free Member

Local libraries often have a decent selection.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Do audible not actually keep track of the fact you listened to it all, it’s like eating all of your meal and then saying something was wrong with it.

dirtyboy

It seems not to me, I’ve thrown loads back after completing them, think of it as aural indigestion.

gingerbllr
    Free Member

If you’ve got Spotify premium then there are loads of audio books on there. Not sure they’re totally legit, and the player won’t save your location, not terrible if you’re not too fussy about what you want to listen too.

For those with kids – all the Harry potter’s are on there.

single07
    Free Member

haven’t tried, but heard recommended on a tech podcast:
    https://libro.fm/

BillMC

This could occupy a few hours and is brilliantly done:

https://www.rte.ie/culture/2020/0610/1146705-listen-ulysses-james-joyce-podcast/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Audible books,alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.