Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Audi vs Seat roof bar mounts.
  • matt_outandabout

Are the Audi Q3 integrated rails the same as the Seat Ibiza ST rails? Thule say different footpack, pics look same…

bear-uk
    Free Member

I Think there the same. My Leon is the same as next doors Q7. I bought my standard  bars from the Bay and the fitting chart covered a lot of makes with the integrated rails.

andy4d

Halfords web site lists the same footpack, 753, for both but a different fitting kit.

matt_outandabout

Both take 108-120 bars.

Both 753 foot.

Different fitting kit (4015 Seat, 4027 Audi)

A nosey at a random Q3 in the street and I think rails are same profile, perhaps it’s the rake of roof that varies?

winston
    Free Member

Most solid rails are not the same – even coming from the same stable. They can also be as someone mentioned fixed at a different angle as the roof pitch varies.

Thule spend a lot of money testing each kit to check it doesn’t come off either at speed or in a crash situation. Solid rails are an abomination anyway when fitting a rack so don’t make it even worse by trying to save 30 quid on a fitting kit that has been specially designed (it really has been) for your vehicle.

As for the ‘generic’ style racks – I think there was a thread a few months ago on here that covered those fairly effectively

andy4d

I dont suppose one has locator holes in the rails while the other doesnt? When i changed my kia that was the only difference for mine so i had to change fitting kit as the new one had no locator holes meaning the old one didnt fit (was tempted to dremel off the offending 5mm locating nipple on the old fitting kit).

andytheadequate
    Free Member

I’m selling some Thule bars that fit a Seat Ibiza ST if you’re interested.

yetidave
    Free Member

I have a set of footpacks which i used on my Altea until it was sold if your interested in trying them, in Falkirk.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Audi vs Seat roof bar mounts.’ is closed to new replies.