• This topic has 20 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Audi Q5 2.0 Tdi S line quatro VAG Engine 2.0 Tdi warning
  • iolo
    Free Member

My stepson was driving home in a 8 month old Q5 when it just cut out on the motorway.
    This was the car 20 minutes later

Audi supplied a replacement and are carrying out enquiries as to what caused it.

bearnecessities

That’ll buff out.

wwaswas

at least plastic front ends give the fire service good access.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wombat

They’re not as well built as I thought if that bloke with a hose can do all that damage in 20 mins

DezB
    Free Member

Reminds me of that google image warning thread from yesterday

MoreCashThanDash

Wouldn’t have happened with the Skoda version….

Hope he is alright though, not a nice experience.

Daffy

See, if a jetwash can do that, just imagine what it’s doing to your bearings!

trail_rat
    Free Member

and is this limited only to that engine and that model ? do the flames only come with the S-line ?

or is this a general warning for anyone whos car may contain combustable products really ?

molgrips
    Free Member

Given how rare spontaneous car fires are, it’s highly likely to be a fluke, or perhaps something ended up in the engine bay (bit of paper, mouse nest etc) which then caught fire.

mrchrispy

Hmmmm, Audi, Q series, motorway…..
    Did he want to make progress and the heat of the exhaust of the car I’m front light up his front end????
    Could have been a child’s face
    🙂

iolo
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member
    and is this limited only to that engine and that model ? do the flames only come with the S-line ?

or is this a general warning for anyone whos car may contain combustable products really ?

Is it national idiots day today?

I put down the model to make sure people know if it’s the same car they own or possibly have the same egine as it’s shared amongst quite a few cars.

EDIT : LOL @ mrchrispy

hora
    Free Member

Audi Q5 2.0 Tdi S line quatro VAG Engine 2.0 Tdi warning

I thought the topic was going to be about having to describe what you drive at swingers parties/dinner parties 😐

BillMC

http://www.reliabilityindex.com/reliability/search/21

They give it a rating at the bottom of poor, most problems with engine and electrics. What an expensive dog!

hora
    Free Member

My bro inlaws turbo failed on his 2yr old mk7 Golf.

Apparently it was known for it.

VAG = average reliability like everyone else

trail_rat
    Free Member

oddly i was thinking the same when i read the first post Iolo

all im saying is that this can happen to any car.

Bregante

carrying out enquiries as to what caused it.

From my untrained eye, I’d guess it was a fire.

*not a mechanic

takisawa2

Chap at work was telling me about his neighbours Polo (IIRC), that did the same at only a few days old, & it was only a few feet from his door. Frightening.

Glad mini-iolo was ok.

nickc

They give it a rating at the bottom of poor, most problems with engine and electrics. What an expensive dog!

A website that wants to sell you an extended warranty rates your new expensive car as poor for reliability, hmmmmm…

somouk
    Free Member

They also rate the Mitsubishi Lancer as the top car, I suspect there are some stats in there somewhere to prove it but would be interesting to see.

br
    Free Member

Brake fluid reservoir cap wasn’t on properly?

Drac

One of our Sprinters burst into flames last year in a similar fashion. It was the data cable point had come loose under the bonnet and shortened out. Yeah can’t remember it’s proper name but it was the only one Mercedes had reported to them so not exactly common.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Audi Q5 2.0 Tdi S line quatro VAG Engine 2.0 Tdi warning’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts