Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Audi Drivers eh?
  • Liftman

That should be added to yesterday’s news about audi drivers being the worst parkers 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The image looks a bit photoshopped around where the back end of the TT is sat on the A4. I’m sure it’s not being the Beeb website. But there’s something that looks a bit awry about it.

brooess
    Free Member

there’s something that looks a bit awry about it.

A car embedded in a house tends to look a bit awry 😉

Be interesting to find out what happened – how can you get a car to flip like that if you’re keeping to the limit in a residential area?

willard

Lowestoft… What can I say? They’re all a bit strange up that way.

aP
    Free Member

Looks like a lot of energy has been dissipated there. Anyone care to try and work out how much and how fast he’d have to have been going to get that far into a masonry building?

andyl
    Free Member

It’s a bit abstract. Maybe they should just secure the masonry and leave the TT sticking out of the side. And yup, at 20-30mph you would kind of expect the curb, hedge and BMW to have pretty much stopped it.

The door on the floor makes me think of someone running up and ripping it off 😀

samuri
    Free Member

There’s a nice mud ramp where the hedge used to be, I expect that helped

unklehomered
    Free Member

The door on the floor makes me think of someone running up and ripping it off

before pulling the driver out and beating the crap out of him. “No officer he sustained those injuries driving his car into my house”

I’m sure it was something innocent like the sun was in his eyes and he couldn’t see where he was going.

warton
    Free Member

Keith Shales, 66, who lives in nearby Cotmer Road, said: “When I got there and saw the car through the hole in the hedge I thought that looks serious.

no shit sherlock

bruneep

I’m sure it was something innocent like the sun was in his eyes and he couldn’t see where he was going.

Emergency services were called to Long Meadow Walk, Lowestoft, at about 01:45 GMT to find a red Audi TT had left the road and crashed into the home.

aye the sun can be a pest at 01:45 am

unklehomered
    Free Member

Something innocent like it was dark and he couldn’t see where he was going.

legend
    Free Member

Mummy’s going to be raging when she sees the state of her car!

matt_outandabout

I am just upset that they have such a big woodshed, and nothing in it…

cranberry
    Free Member

I’m sure it’ll be the drivers version of JRA ( just riding along ). Perhaps there was a localised patch of weak gravity.

convert

Total bill for that is going to be massive. 3 written off cars, a family to rehouse for months and looking at those cracks in the house a huge rebuild cost to make the house good. That surely would take a pretty impressive speed to have enough momentum to go that deep.

Spongebob
    Free Member

One of the times I got held up on the M4, it was an accident involving two cars. As I passed the scene there was a Renault on its roof, perched perfectly on top af a Ford. Now that must have taken some seriously skilful bad manoeuvring!

globalti
    Free Member

I remember coming across the scene of an accident early one Sunday morning except that the car was an Austin Maxi, which had come down a hill and smashed across a couple of traffic islands before embedding itself in some trees. Quite a lot of the gearbox and sump were scattered across the road in big pools of engine oil. Clearly the speed had been excessive for so much damage to be done. The driver, a young man in his twenties, was standing with his very angry-looking Dad, clearly wishing he wasn’t even on this planet as the car was being recovered.

There’s no way my own son will be allowed to drive my wife’s car until he’s in his mid twenties or older and he certainly won’t be allowed to drive my company car unsupervised at any age. I was once that age and I remember what I did to my Dad’s car; luckily he never looked underneath it….

andyl
    Free Member
    Gary_C

Whoops! Wonder if the owners of the Audi estate & the BMW will have problems with their insurance claim?

A question always asked on the insurance form:’Where is your car kept at night’ A= ‘In the garage’ 😕

gears_suck
    Free Member

image by gears_suck, on Flickr

Russell96

Same thing has happened at least twice to my knowledge on a house on an S bend about 1/4 mile away from here, last time the car didn’t even touch the garden just clipped the top of the garden wall and ended up embedded in the first floor of a house extension.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

From Aviemore last week.

CountZero

It’ll buff out… 😆

Sandwich

I missed a good one this morning. The driver was being helped along the road having parked (?) at the top of the 20 foot embankment on it side. Looked like the slip road approach had gone a little awry.

Snow, it’s slippery folks slow down!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Audi Drivers eh?’ is closed to new replies.