Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Audi A6 Estate 2.7 TDI…..only driven by ****s?
  • GNARGNAR
    Free Member

I thought Clarkson was just joking a few years back when he started repeatedly saying that the c**ks who used to buy BMWs started buying Audis but in recent months this just seems to become more and more true.

I’ve recently been on the recieving end of some truly shocking aggressive driving by people, all of whom have driven the aforementioned Audi estate. Anyone else had any bad experiences at the hands of these dicks? Perhaps you own one and you are a dick?

zaskar
    Free Member

Bad language.

I find that any angry driver could be found in a heap of different cars.

Ignore them and ride safely.

dave_aber
    Free Member

I drive a 2.5 TDi allroad, and I can be a complete c**t sometimes, and really considerate at other times. Was the same when I drive a 2CV though.

Seems to have something to do with how many B*W’s I’ve had to endure that day…

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Drive the 1.9 version myself … Tell me your reg and I’ll run you off the road next time I see you!

Joking aside there’s c#cks in all makes and models of cars. I still perceive more in BMWs but am biased from an X5 driver nearly killing me on my bike a few years ago.

Once somebody says something like this it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. So now you just notice audi drivers more.

beej

Don’t get me started on Q7 drivers – been almost run into the hedges on country lanes round here by Q7s that just don’t fit on our roads, and whose drivers don’t understand “passing places”.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

I drive an A4 estate, and I’m generally not a cock.
    In recent months, I’ve become very annoyed with those new daytime running light features on the Audis – completely unneccessary and horribly aggressive.
    As for Q7s….. needless, pointless, and beloved of lazy arrogants and dope dealers countrywide.
    One fat bastid overtook me and immediately stopped in front of me yesterday evening with the hazards on on a main road, forcing me to swerve out on the bike as other cars tried to pass in both directions, just so his tubby ladt friend would not have to walk twenty feet to a postbox

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

Recently watched an RS4 estate dishing out much hassle towards a BMW, which amused me – but still feel a larger percentage of beamers are driven by the aggressive types. (Just as you always get one mercedes being driven at about 51mph whenever on the motorway)

Having said that, the worst recent cock was an angry man in a red Mazda 6, who obviously felt that the rest of us (me, old corsa in front, and cyclist in front of that) shouldn’t be on the road, judging by his hand gestures..

smiffy

I drive an A6 Avant and I am anything but aggressive, whilst it is capable of going quickly I find the car is in it’s element when you melt into the seats, select a big gear and let the world fight around you. I have suffered with stress in the past but manage it well these days. On the road is a place you can so easily get wound up if you adopt the view that you are in competition with everyone else. It’s quite a good feeling when you get to the end of a journey and recognise the car that just HAD to get past you 50 miles earlier, and is in front of you at the lights, having achieved absolutely nothing other than high blood pressure, burned more fuel and caused a few near misses that might have been fatals on another day.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Jealousy, eh? Terrible thing. That engine is lovely, very lovely!

I was happily tootling around the lanes of Wiltshire on Sunday with the 3.0TDI quattro, which was nice. Stopped outside the pub in the Vale of Pewsey, chatted to a load of cyclists (Kudos to the kid doing a Bristol to Reading off road on a Giant Acid dirt jump bike!). Overtook a few of them on the way out later, and of course was very considerate. OK, so having the roof down meant I could have a chat to one chap on a bike as he climbed back up to Clench!

Face it, there are bad drivers in any car, just as there are bad riders on any bike. BMW’s and Audis are great cars, maybe they’re a little expensive, but still great. Put yer jealousy away.

epicyclo

I have noticed BMW and Audi drivers do tend to drive closer to the rear of my car and cut in quicker on overtaking. On my bike they also seem to come closer when passing.

I have wondered if maybe the drivers are more insulated from the world in those cars and that they are unaware what they are doing.

(Friends who have them deny the above behaviour)

CountZero

Never realy noticed it since Clarkson changed his tune re: beemers last year. And Mike T-23, regarding the led running lights, get used to it. The EU are set to enforce Europe-wide daylight running lights like Saab and Volvo have been using for years, and Audi are just getting ahead of the game. Led’s are more fuel efficient and longer lasting. I rather like them, and I don’t feel at all intimidated by them, and I really don’t think they’re aggressive. It’s the attitude of the driver, not some fairy-lights stuck on the front of it.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart

Jealousy, eh? Terrible thing.

Don’t be such a knob. When someone comes up behind me flashing the headlights, when I’m driving at the legal limit, and then they sit literally two feet from my bumper for 2k before dangerously overtaking….and then slamming on the brakes HARD down to a stop, just because I had the cheek to be on the road I don’t think “darn I wish I had a lovely Audi” I think “Jesus there goes another unbearable **** who is also driving an audi estate”.

For the record my “car” would have torn his to pieces had I not braked in time.

He tore off up the road, overtaking into oncoming traffic as far as my eye could follow him.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Amd yet you had enough time to clock his engine badge……

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Clocked it? I was almost wearing it.

montylikesbeer

i’m an a6 avant man (2.7 quattro sport) and i am an ass, mind you i waft around in Bose wireless’tastic comfort though

duntmatter
    Free Member

[half-joking mode]I’m a right tw*t, and I want an Audi-doody. Bimmers are played out like Burberry. 😛 [half-joking mode]

konabunny
    Free Member

“Clocked it? I was almost wearing it. “

LOL

Hairychested
    Free Member

I would drive an Q7 if somebody bought it for me and paid the bills. Cock or not I like its looks. The same goes for a BMW 7 series.

chakaping
    Free Member

Regardless of whether they’re any good or not, Audi has become the car marque of choice for people who care more about image than what they’re actually driving.

aP
    Free Member

I’ve noticed that they also come standard with a blue flashing earpiece which must be worn whilst driving. Is it some kind of mind control?

slowclimb
    Free Member

having watched one barrell up the middle of the a1 on sunday forcing cars to get almost into the ditch at the side so he could get on a bit quicker then go straight over a filter lane almost hitting a car turning right before careering off into the distance i would have to say yes…
    why is it that even if i do 61 mph dibble appear in my mirror but some people seem to hammer around like complete knob ends and nothing ever seems to happen to them ? 👿

iseeadarkness
    Free Member

I hate Audi drivers.

I used to like the cars but now I hate them with a passion.

They, to me, epitomise all that is wrong with society…

Not exactly logical I know but thats how it is.

And its not envy, believe me. I would not want o be associated with that.

Q7’s should be outlawed, they are unjustifiable in this day and age.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I see idiots in all makes of cars.

I have noticed BMW and Audi drivers do tend to drive closer to the rear of my car and cut in quicker on overtaking.

I suspect this is down to the awe/confidence inspiring brakes (I speak of BMW as I have no experience in Audis) – you feel like you can sit on the bum of someone when you know that (if you’re observant enough) you’ll out-brake just about anything out there. I can’t even explain just how good the brakes are, and while of course there’s the times when you really just need extra space to think/stop and driving too close is a very bad idea, I think the fact that you know that 99 times out of 100 you can brake HARD and corner like you’re on rails at the same time means the drivers tend to get used to that. I know that coming from one car that stops pretty damn fast (not BMW fast) to a slower, more lumbering car that really doesnt stop in the wet, I’ve started driving WAY back from the cars in front as I’ve had some close calls even when driving at the old 4 second rule. Surely it works both ways?

Ultimately though, Audi and (moreso) BMW make “drivers cars” – designed with handling and performance in mind, so they are going to attract more of the people who like driving fast and agressively than one that’s marketed as a grandads tesco shopper. You still get people driving like nuts in tesco shoppers, and they’re more dangerous IMO.

kimbers

in the past month ive seen 2 totalled cars on the way to/ from work

one was a shiny new bmw convertible of some description wrapped round a tree on chiswick hi street, they were cutting the driver out

the other was a shiny new audi estate that had lost it on the A4 by barons court, im assuming fatality as they closed the road for a while and where marking out skid marks etc the amazing thing was that somehow the driver had managed to get the railings by the traffic lights wedged very far inside the back of the car

maybe these confidence inspiring brakes arent so great

coffeeking
    Free Member

maybe these confidence inspiring brakes arent so great

Maybe neither of these accidents had anything to do with brake performance? However you would be right in saying that people do tend to over-cook things when they get used to higher performance in general. Like with anything, if your car is able to be pushed harder and faster people generally will, but often are not able to deal with the consequences when it finally does accept defeat! My favourite is some of the modern traction systems that let you drive like a loon, stick you to the road even with your foot flat down round corners, but then when they can’t deal with something they just flash a dash light and hand it all back to you in a “you got us into this, you can get us out of it!” sort of way 🙂

iseeadarkness
    Free Member

in a spirit of fairness and objectivity I saw a complete knobber in a Z4 come screaming past me (and about half a dozen others) into oncoming traffic. After barging in he then decided to repeat the trick in the face of an oncoming car resplendent with learner roof board just about forcing the poor bugger off the road….

i mean, it was during the tea time rush. what did he expect?

brassneck

Oh sweet lordy I’ve just found out Flashheart lives near me!!!
    😯

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Anyone have opinions on Nissan Micras? I do! 👿

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Where’re you at then, Brassneck?

Quinn – Member
    Anyone have opinions on Nissan Micras? I do!

Honda Jazz + Sunday afternoon driver = Hell…..Grrrrr

takisawa2

You should all try a diesel Rover25 like mine.
    Zzzzzz.
    You dont notice the knobs then. Too busy snoozing.

Cars, TBH I cant really enthuse about fast ones, but I quite fancy a big Volvo V70 estate.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

think the fact that you know that 99 times out of 100 you can brake HARD and corner like you’re on rails at the same time

it is electronics that allow you to do this not the chassis of the car.
    I find that the worst drivers on the roads at the moment drive German cars in general be it for trying to attache them self to my towbar at 70, to not indicating at any junction or trying to run me off the road on my bike after he had to wait 10 seconds behind me (and spent the next 2 mins trying) when going to the local shop

BigDummy
    Free Member

I do not know what this car even looks like and cannot drive. I am still a dick. 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

hahahahahahahahahahahaha………………

[points and laughs at the idea that audi’s are billed as driver’s cars :)]

They are only rivalled by Porche in the stupid engine placement stakes. And at least the Porche has its engine there for performance reasons, not to give you more leg room 😛

TPTcruiser

Passed a dawdling A4 driver on the inside as he was driving north between J34 and 34A of the M1 at about 1745, a couple of weeks ago. He was texting, but doing it safely because he had slowed down to increase the braking distance with the car in front. The middle lane had no option but to undertake he was going so slow.

aP
    Free Member

Audi’s and BMW’s are common as muck round where I am. Ford’s are much more exclusive.

grahamofredmarley
    Free Member

In my experience, not the make of car but the type.

4×4’s (not proper landies) driven by women on the school run are generally the worst. Carve you up, don’t acknowledge or thanks if you pull over etc.

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

I’m never in that much of a rush to care.

Although I do have a mate that got really sick of huge ostentatious cars running him off the road and he got some stickers made which said something along the lines of

“I have this ridiculously huge car to compensate for my tiny little c0ck.”

He would walk about sticking them on to all the daft Range Rovers, Cayenne’s, Q7’s etc. I though it was funny as hell.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

There’s c0cks in all types of car, but when motorbiking, the following are best given a wide berth in my experience
    bmw – don’t respond well to being overtaken, will be sniffing your farts at every opportunity, indicators purely for decoration
    audi especially tt, see bmw
    volvos – noted middle lane hoggers, no idea of distance, drive at speed limit -10mph
    boy racer mobiles, no concept of road safety, deseperate need to show off to mates, usually ok if only occupant in car, potentially lethal if more than one
    4x4s apart from landies, or ones covered with dirt – anyone who would choose to drive something like that round the town has something wrong with them

markd
    Free Member

i drive like a total jack of clubs in my saab 900s from 1996. do i qualify as a nobber too?

Spongebob
    Free Member

Regardless of whether they’re any good or not, Audi has become the car marque of choice for people who care more about image than what they’re actually driving.

I bought my Audi A6 Avant 8 years ago because it was a quality built car with great fuel efficiency and low running costs (go discover all about Audi variable servicing). This car has worked out cheaper than any other family car to run! I am not a poser or a cxck!(well I might be a cxck, but this has nothing to do with any motor vehicle or what I do at the wheel). I drive responsibly and never race round in it. I don’t drive aggressively close up behind people. I hate agression on the roads! I have too much experience of driving to be bothered harming my own health when driving.

It is narrow mindedness and jealousy that breeds the sort of numpty comment quoted above.

Clarkson is a great entertainer. He says much in jest (almost everything actually). He is actually pandering to the thickos out there when he says such things about a particular owner of a brand of car. The sort of people who actually believe his views and comments. Expert satire! Can you not see this?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Audi A6 Estate 2.7 TDI…..only driven by ****s?’ is closed to new replies.