Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Audi A4 stereo upgrade
  • stevied
    Free Member

Picked up my new (well 2005) A4 earlier this week and I want to change the stereo for one with bluetooth and without a tape player!
    Just going to go for a double DIN replacement but a bit confused by the Connects2 wiring kit as, apparently, mine is on the crossover point.
    It’s got the Symphony 2 unit now.
    Can someone confirm if the Connect2 lead I need is the CT20AU09?
    Will be going for a double DIN replacement so also guessing I need the CT20AU09 fascia?

Thanks
    Steve

euans2
    Free Member

There’s a bit more detail involved when changing to double din.
    This PDF should help you with the parts you need to convert your cars dash from single din to double din

http://www.ranno.net/audi/RNSeInA4.pdf

stevied
    Free Member

It’s already got a double DIN (ish) sized unit in there.
    din

Superficial
    Free Member

I’ve got a Parrott something something in my similar-age BMW, might be an option. It doesn’t replace the stereo but fits behind it and connects (flawlessly!) via Bluetooth. It’s quite old tech now but it does everything I need it to.

Works well and connects with all the steering wheel controls etc.

spacey

I replaced a similar vintage stereo in my A4, ran into problems because the rear speakers are driven from an additional amp buried in the rear door (if I remember correctly). That bit of wiring was beyond me but I’m sure it isn’t insurmountable. One of those bluetooth jobbies might be an easier solution. I was after DAB as well though.

mikeyd
    Free Member

YGM, I have a connects2 kit for an A4 which I’ve long since disposed of!

escrs
    Free Member

What you need is one of these

Ive got the same Symphony double din headunit in my 2006 A4 and this just Bluetooth adaptor plugs in to the back where the 6 disc cd changer would normally connect (my head unit takes 6 discs within the head unit so no cd changer in the glovebox)

It also has an aux in which i then use to connect my mp3 player and my mp3 player amp which
    boosts the sound considerably

https://www.headfiaudio.com/products/fiio-hs12

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Audi A4 stereo upgrade’ is closed to new replies.