Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Audax is becoming addictive!
  • tthew

Link to a 106km one, organised by my club on the 4th May.
    Mid Cheshire to the bottom of the Wirral and back, with cake stop at the famous Eureka Cafe, (what do you mean you’ve never heard of it! 🙂 )

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/12-984/

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Audaxes are the best value cycling events out there, and are (or were) pretty relaxed. The LVIS Audax is a fine, if not finest, example of the breed. 🙂

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Only done one. Not sure if I’d do it again.
    It was the LEL though…

oldgit
    Free Member

3 Down Audax just done. 310km, Chalfonts in Buckinghamshire to Fordingbridge in the New Forrest.
    Classed as easy and flat? not quite.
    I learnt that a race ‘type’ bike gets a little uncomfortable over that distance, rear mechs sheer off (two mates abandoned)wheels buckle ( i need to learn how to true one back again) thick bar tape is your friend, Cookie dough milkshake is sublime and a simple Garmin Edge 200 will navigate you over 200 miles without fault.
    And that on top of the New Forrest isn’t somewhere you want to be in sideways rain.

downshep

Popping my Audax cherry next Sunday by attempting the Gourock 200km. Can’t say I’m looking forward to it. Never ridden that far in my life, nor has the ‘friend’ who talked me into it. Naturally I’m getting the miles in today and not sitting at a computer….. 😐

oldgit
    Free Member

First 400km booked. 🙂 😕

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Shame that Cheshire one is on a bank holiday..

Freester

Popped my 200km cherry yesterday on the Dorset Coast Audax. There’s some proper hills in that there West Dorset. Had a bit of a slump around Axminster but got a 2nd wind around the 105 mile mark and managed to finish the last 30 quite strong.

downshep

Managed round the Gourock 200 yesterday. Pissing rain, blowing a hoolie and almost 8,000ft of climbing but kinda enjoyable all the same. Moreish!

thomthumb
    Free Member

Popped my 200km cherry yesterday on the Dorset Coast Audax

me too. what a great day – couldn’t have asked for better weather too. 😀

Freester

me too. what a great day – couldn’t have asked for better weather too.

Absolutely. Last year was a cold bitter Easterly (I only did the 100km last year). Can’t imagine what it would have been like fighting the wind for the last 50 or so miles!

MoreCashThanDash

we seem to have two audax threads on our mountain bike forum this morning 😀

Is there a “proper” audax forum anywhere on the web, or will it just take over by stealth. On a tricycle.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Is there a “proper” audax forum anywhere on the web,

You want yacf

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Audax is becoming addictive!’ is closed to new replies.