• This topic has 27 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Attn Belle and Sebastian fans!
  • 2tyred

Belle and Sebastian are playing a sell out show at the famous Glasgow Barrowland tonight, their last show of the year, in their home town and if you aren’t lucky enough to have a ticket you can watch the whole thing live here and here from 9pm in the comfort of your very own internets!

My brother in law’s doing the filming, so if it looks like crap its his fault.

Should be ace, if you’re into B&S of course.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Step into my office baby!

Kahurangi

Well, if you’re feeling sinister.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nodrog2
    Free Member

Roy Walker would love them.

toab
    Free Member

You’d be a coocoo to miss it

donks
    Free Member

Freeking champion cheers for the heads up 😀

marty
    Free Member

What’s that in my wallet? Two tickets for tonight’s gig?

Boom! 🙂

toab
    Free Member

oh funge, just realised I’m at a rehearsal tonight… 😐

breatheeasy
    Free Member

They were superb at the Sage in Gateshead a couple of weeks ago. Even went walkabout around the audience.

Dragged a few lucky punters up onto the stage to kinda dance and enjoy themselves. The girlies had a great time, the lads realised 2000 people we watching them and quickly went into a shoegazing shuffle…

Blackhound

Will miss that,off to Brixton to see The Pogues final gig ever…

seven
    Free Member

sweet, thanks for the tip off, best psa i’ve seen on here 🙂

warton
    Free Member

off to Brixton to see The Pogues final gig ever

That will be great (saw them in a tiny club in newcastle in the 90’s) but they’re doing a US tour in 2011 so its not their last ever gig…

I loved Belle and Sebastian’s first two albums, then stopped listening to them, are their albums still as good?

EDIT: I actually got their 3rd and 4th albums…

northshoreniall

Blackhound – sure you know but the “farewell tour” title is just because they are fed up dragging themselves round in this weather at this time of year -apparently the title is causing some arguments within the group and on their sites forum.
    Just means I will have to find a new alternative Christmas night out. BTW saw them in Newcastle last week – best I’ve seen them, McGowans new teeth means you can actually understand him, and he even managed to sing 80-90% of songs as opposed to previous years 30-40% seemed sober enough too!
    (Sorry for hijack)

warton
    Free Member

northshoreniall when i saw them in Newcastle he didn’t even appear for the first two songs, clung to the mic, holding a bottle of JD for the remaining 5 or 6 then sang the last 3 or so, it was a blinding gig though, has he stopped drinking?

northshoreniall

Think he’s bit more sober – he’s even doing some gigs with those classic music priests from home. Think he’d probably die if stopped totally as level of preservative/ pickling would drop 😀
    Him and his mrs did a gardening programme on RTE this year too, obviously aiming at redemption.
    i saw him with Popes in the forum in London years ago and think he managed to be 2hrs late on and barely able to stand/ talk – was good gig eventually.

schroedingerscat
    Free Member

Damn, I’m wrapped up in books tonight….

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Fantastic! Thanks for posting the links. Missed out on tickets to see them this time. Thats my night booked.

Kahurangi

*bump* they’re on now

I see all 14 fans have posted on this thread – the sell-out venue would be quite ‘snug’ I’d imagine.

😉

ourmaninthenorth

Am ignoring crying baby to watch/listen. Haven’t seen them for years (same for the Pogues)

banginon

+1 tuning in

M6TTF
    Free Member

belle and seb – one of the UK’s most overrated acts IMO – each to their own though

banginon

Well that was just grand, me and Bangin On Jnr just jump around the kitchen…

Cheers for the heads up on that one. Excellent!!!!!!

Hicksy
    Free Member

Thanks for the link 2tyred – I enjoyed that!

fingers202
    Free Member

Most excellent, thanks for the heads up

uponthedowns
    Free Member

belle and seb – one of the UK’s most overrated acts IMO – each to their own though

Agree. I much prefer the original

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_BtW6Vta2g[/video]

banginon

That clip’s just put shivers up my spine (not that it’s -8 in the shop at all). I remember loving the show when I was a wee laddie!

DezB
    Free Member

each to their own though

Controversial!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Attn Belle and Sebastian fans!’ is closed to new replies.