Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Attention Woburn Area Riders Missing The Dustbowl!
  • lambchop
    Free Member

Even the famous dry and sandy Woburn trails are currently saturated beyond belief however if you’re missing the dust and hankering for dryer times ramble on down to The Wheatsheaf in Leighton Buzzard tomorrow night (Friday 11th) for some ‘Grapes Of Wrath’, dustbowl inspired alternative folk and country music from my band The Ely Plains. It’s free entry and there’ll be a free Ely album to anyone who comes down and spots the mountain bike related song in the second set! Who says folk music and mountain biking can’t be bed fellows?

(Did you see what I did there? Clever huh!)

lambchop
    Free Member

Punt………..

C’mon!

oldgit
    Free Member

A free album for guessing the song, must remember to keep my gob shut 😉

Might see you there as it’s just round the corner. What time?

tony_m
    Free Member

Wish I was down that way, but I’m not, so I guess I’ll have to wait for the album I just ordered to arrive instead – great sounds!!! 8)

elliott-20
    Free Member

I’ll see if I can work up a good enough excuse to get to the Wheaty. Not that I normally need one. Best pub in town and that says a lot for LB 😀

PePPeR

I’ll have a chat with the missus and see if we can get over, would be good to catch up with Dan the man.

lambchop
    Free Member

We’re doing 2 sets first one is at 9.45 second one finishing about 12 ish

Carl/Richard would be great to see you. Rumour has it the Plitts may be coming.

Elliott, don’t think we’ve met but if you come down come and say hi!

Tony very kind words man. For that I’ll stick in a pin badge and some stickers with the CD’s!

Markie
    Free Member

Sounds like my kind of music… anywhere online to listen? Thanks

tony_m
    Free Member

Cheers lambchop, have a good ‘un! And I’ll keep an eye out for you if you ever make it Oop North. 8)

Sounds like my kind of music… anywhere online to listen? Thanks

Yup, right here…

The Ely Plains

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

We rode Woburn last weekend and it wasn’t too bad, some bits were saturated by side over by the jump spot was still quite nice.

oldgit
    Free Member

I’ll try and get there, but my daughter is expecting/overdue and I’m the designated driver tonight.

iridebikes
    Free Member

I will be there, the music sounds great!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Attention Woburn Area Riders Missing The Dustbowl!’ is closed to new replies.