• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Aidy.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Attention shoppers (literally)
  • Flaperon

HSBC payment systems are down this morning (online, card, Google / Apple Pay).

Embarrassed to admit I’d already strolled out of the supermarket and ridden home before I spotted on my phone that the transaction was declined.

Not entirely sure how to fix this other than going back there tomorrow and asking them to interrogate their self-checkout computers.

DickBarton

You got a receipt, yes? Take that with you and some cash to pay and feel happy about being honest and doing the right thing.

Flaperon

I never take a receipt which is how I missed the declined transaction in the first place.

In the end they found it on their computer and just ran it again. Slightly disappointed to be told that I’m the first person *ever* in that store to come back to pay for something in this way. Not sure whether this says more about me or the area that the store is in.

(Marks and Spencer food hall, though I suppose most of their customers couldn’t afford their Range Rovers if they paid for their shopping).

andy5390

That might explain why my old man couldn’t get any money from the hole in the wall, this morning

trail_rat
    Free Member

HSBC payment systems are down this morning (online, card, Google / Apple Pay).

Surely this was a user error rather than a systems error.

the cashless society thread said this was not a possible scenario…. 😉

Aidy
    Free Member

Disappointed. Came here looking to buy attention.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Attention shoppers (literally)’ is closed to new replies.