Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Attempt at making a light stand
  • DickBarton

Pretty sure plenty folk have done this so hoping I can get some pointers for a complete novice.

I appear to have a ‘spare’ bike frame and I’m wanting to turn it into a lampshade. I reckon smart lightbulb sticking out the seatpost and a smart lightbulb out the bottom of the headset – so I’ve got one for light in the room and one for a bit more focussed work.

I reckon a wee stand that the frame sits on (somehow) with the cable running up the stand and in to the bottom bracket shell. I reckon 1 cable going up seatpost to light fitting (seatpost is 31.6mm diameter), then feed the cabling up the downtube (or up and in the top tube) to allow a light fitting at the bottom of the headset.

I reckon the cabling is going to be light replacing internal cabling, but where would I find suitable light fittings – I suspect if I do this wrong or get it wrong then the frame is going to be rather shocking to the touch!

Ta.

rakas

Something like this?

Lamp Spares

Loads of stuff on that site, I did something similar with a hollow tree branch once.

DickBarton

Looks almost ideal, thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.