Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Attatching scaffold pole to two walls….
  • brack
    Free Member

I have asked this before but due to the morons hacking into the site – that post has gone.

So

How do I attach a scaffold pole to either side of my brick outbuilding in order to make a secure bike hanger/rack.

If I remember correctly someone pointed me to scaffolding supplies but they don’t seem to have what I am looking for??

wwaswas

couple of these attached to the wall?

foot pads

wwaswas

actually, not the plastic bits but the base plates.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grizzlygus
    Free Member

Yeah that’s what I was thinking wwaswas, although I don’t really understand the question. Here’s steel version :

http://www.amazon.com/Bil-Jax-0030-116-Scaffolding-Rigid-4-Inch/dp/B00004TRCA

cbike
    Free Member

Key Clamp – http://www.flints.co.uk

brack
    Free Member

That is the idea but I remember there was a neat circular clamp/collar that sits around the pole and is then screwed to the wall.

gary

As cbike says, google key clamps and track down a local supplier. They do all sorts of different fittings for mounting stuff between walls or out from walls. I’ve used it to put a bike hanging rail along the wall of my garage.

midlifecrashes

If you have a decent drill or a core bit, just put a hole in either side, feed the pole up and repoint. You won’t get a cheaper or stronger way.

brack
    Free Member

FlangtasticCheers guys….

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I think a standard scaffold tube is 48mm dia Brack

brack
    Free Member

Yeah….managed to snaffle some 42.4 scaffolding that was knocking around at work….which whilst narrower is perfect for the job.

Appreciate you looking out for me! Cheers mate.

BigDummy
    Free Member

This is collossally useful chaps, I am trying to do the same thing. Ta all.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Attatching scaffold pole to two walls….’ is closed to new replies.