Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • Attacked by a dog, what now?
  • plyphon
    Free Member

nobody should have a dog without a licence and insurance, this would go a long way to improving public safely and animal welfare

I think there is enough of a pet black market without this adding to that.

Most people in this thread are probably thinking this little chappy got a bit excited and made a whoopsie:

franksinatra

I’m starting a training school next year also, and my recommendation to police would be one to one training sessions mandated to the owners for 6 months.

Funny that, someone who wants to run a training school thinks that the solution would be, a training school ££££££££££££££££

franksinatra

Two puncture wounds = not an aggressive bite. More like puncture wound from the canines resulting from a chase and grab response. A proper bite would leave you with a chunk of calf missing. (The long canines are the reason why dogs often pop cheap plastic footballs.)
    It shouldn’t have happened and it could have been a child, but I wouldn’t say the dog was dangerous, you and it were just unlucky.

If i was cycling past there with my kids and the dog came out and left puncture marks in their faces I will be sure to remember your wise words and use them to comfort the children. I’m sure when they realise that it is just bad luck they will be just fine. 🙄

oldboy
    Free Member

[/quote]Yeah but you’re one of those simple reactionary types who only does things to make themselves feel better

🙂

mav12
    Free Member

feel free if you think its the same farm

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Highclimber +1

yunki
    Free Member

Highclimber -1

Kill it (and eat it if killing it offends your delicate sensibilities)

rickt
    Free Member

Did ant thing get done to the owners??

deadkenny
    Free Member

This is why cats are better. They wouldn’t be out chasing bikes. If one went past they’d just look at it with a “meh” attitude. They do attack their owners however, but no one would put a cat down for scratching the shit out of their owner 😀

They also have the decency to crap in their neighbour’s gardens and kill the local vermin (even if they deposit it on the owner’s doorstep).

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Almost joined the stats today with a black staffy having a go at me. Ran beside me for 400m or so, targeting ankles on both sides. I started to get concerned that conciliatory tone and extended leg were not working. Interesting as soon as I stopped dismounted and put the bike (v quickly) between us, the staffy stopped and turned around. May be thought it was a game but the chops were chomping and my legs were looking too tempting for a while.

First time I really felt that I was about to lose a chunk of my leg to a dog and I’m a dog lover!!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘Attacked by a dog, what now?’ is closed to new replies.