Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Attack on nature
  • Bunnyhop

The government in its wisdom decided to weaken environmental laws.
    As an RSPB volunteer and member of other wildlife organisations I get information that shows this government seem to have total disregard for nature. Restrictions are being lifted on new buildings.
    Wildlife, green spaces, beaches and waterways will be unprotected. Farmers will not get funding to keep field edges natural and given over to wildlife.
    In the grand scheme of things this may not be at the top of a list, but it’s been shown over the last two years how important green spaces and areas of natural beauty are to our health and well being. Green areas provide fresh air, habitats for wildlife, help prevent flooding etc.

Mini rant, but I’m a tad cross.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Making rich people richer means more ‘campaign funding’ straight into your back pocket.
    Preserving the environment and people’s quality of life doesn’t make you money.
    We’re basically doomed.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

There as some right wing think tank bell end on question time in Grimsby last week “we need to supercharge the fishing industry” THERE AREN’T ANY FISH YOU DICKHEAD. But – money.

hatter

Yup, all part of our bold new future as a deregulated, privatised, buccaneering free market Britain.

Because that’s clearly what all those people who were told to vote Leave to ‘save the NHS’ wanted.

pk13

RSPB have a email form to send to your local MP it was one of 2 mine got yesterday.

scuttler

Market forces have decided animals are **** pointless except for eating.

pk13

Tbf this country has a well know and nasty habit of killing off any wild animal bigger than a tadpole. Unless they are good sport like deer.
    In the last 5 years I’ve seen an increase in wild stuff by me it won’t take long to reverse that.

Houns

The Tories are destroying every single part of our country, from cost of living, fracking, Brexit, the environment, water, energy, workers rights, protests etc etc… Whatever they can ruin to make themselves and their buddies richer they do, **** the consequences.

I hate to use this phrase but I’m going to… They’re raping this country for everything they can whilst they can.

grahamt1980

Have sent a rather angry small to my mp, considering we have the rspb head office in this constituency the irony is not lost.
    I informed him that i would be likely to campaign on behalf of his opposition in the next election

alric
    Free Member

the badger cull has spread to northants now, despite the evidence to show it hasnt worked, but the govt takes no notice of facts.So who is benefittin from the decimation of a protected species? It costs the taxpayer,but whose pockets is it going into?
    We’ve/’re reintroduced beavers, otters,red kites, golden eagles and pine martens etc, brought back kingfishers by keeping the rivers clean, but now there’s so much pollution going back in the rivers….
    And have they made trespass a criminal act now?
    Meanwhile the richer get richer, the poor get poorer.
    It seemed like far eastern countries get more like dictatorships, with less rights and less cash for the people (cambodia, china, thailand, burma esp), now I feel UK is doing the same

Davesport

I wouldn’t want to be wildlife in the UK. The majority of people live in complete ignorance of what’s happening to our native species. There aren’t many species that aren’t either directly in the sights or affected by the consequences of our actions.

Local estate, killing mountain hares, raptors, owls, mustelids & corvids. The owner has been awarded an OBE for services to the conservation of wildlife. It’s heartbreaking :o(

tpbiker
    Free Member

I hate to use this phrase but I’m going to… They’re raping this country for everything they can whilst they can.

^
    This sadly

maccruiskeen

Its a funny kind of patriotism isn’t it.

Insist of flags being flown but **** the people, their health, and the land, air and water all around them. But flags, you know, and sovereignty.

cookeaa

Its a funny kind of patriotism isn’t it.

Insist of flags being flown but **** the people, their health, and the land, air and water all around them. But flags, you know, and sovereignty.

Don’t forget those blue passports…

Bunnyhop

As mentioned above, please email your local MP.

Most people have never seen a badger, so they don’t give a toss. Bats are things that fly in the night and might get tangled in one’s hair. A bat will eat thousands of midges in a single sitting. Admittedly there are a few non-native species that aren’t welcome (US crayfish for example), but nature is needed, it has a purpose. I’m hoping the next generation will stand up and fight.
    I for one am fed up of the disregard of our natural world and our throw-a-way society.

stwhannah

George Monbiot and Guy Shrubsole are both on the roster for Kendal Mountain Festival. Reckon I’m going to try to go to both and channel some anger.

stumpyjon

Of course the biggest irony is they also oppose on shore and solar because it detracts from the environment.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

As mentioned above, please email your local MP.

I did, about HS2 & how it’s going to decimate ancient woodlands & wildlife habitat.
    Except he’s a tory with a big seat in Harrogate & thinks planting a few saplings will make up for it. Tit.
    So I emailed Rees Mug instead because apparently he wants it scrapping & admits it’s a total waste of money.

Bunnyhop

Esselgruntfuttock _ I too wrote to our local MP, who is a little more proactive fighting against greenbelt building, however he too seemed to think planting one hundred saplings will compensate for an ancient oak with regards to HS2.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

The govt needs to offer something in return.

More licences to grow hemp.
    Hemp makes an excellent habitat for birds.

Actively cultivating it on brownfield sites is a way to de-toxify the soil, prior to any urban renewal.

Harvested, it can make excellent insulation and building material.

The RSPB should be lobbying for the reform of the hemp laws.

wheelsonfire1

I also read (so not necessarily accurate) that land owners/farmers will revert to the subsidy system that was in use when in the EU. That there will be a subsidy per acre/hectare regardless of whether anything is produced? I have met farmers who think that’s wrong as they would like to be paid for what they produce – if it’s true it’ll benefit huge numbers of landowners from the Middle East, Denmark. Holland and other countries that have bought vast estates in Britain. It can’t be right?

gordimhor

I would email my mp but both Labour and Tories have said that they won’t work with his party under any circumstances.
    Also he would not take strong enough action imo and I’m in his party.

boardmanfs18

I’m also absolutely fuming about the Tories plans, problem is my local MP is that Victorian throwback, Rees-Smog, so might as well go and piss into the wind.

Our local wildlife is starting to pick up quite nicely, saw a few kingfishers on the river the other day, Beavers are somewhere on the river too and the local Facebook group keeps moaning about Otters stealing their fish form their ponds, it makes me chuckle everytime I read that as I can imagine the look of satisfaction on an Otter’s face every time they find a pond stuffed full of fish, sort an Ottery fast food joint.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.