Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • atom bank – saving accounts
  • alcolepone
    Free Member

Has anyone had experience with atom banks – looking at opening a fixed saving account, but have read reviews from people having issues with withdrawing money at the end of the period.

Can anyone recommend a different bank, if atom isnt to be trusted?

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

I have an Atom account. Had no problems with it but only used the standard savings account. The App works fine no problem withdrawing money back in to my nominated account. Interest paid monthly no issues.

Another good one is Zopa I think they had the best rates last time I checked.

Chew
    Free Member

I’ve use Atom bank for both fixed/instant savings products.

No issues withdrawing funds as everything is linked to your normal current account elsewhere.
    For their fixed products you’ll receive a notification 3 days before asking what you want to do when the product matures. Reinvest/transfer/withdraw.

Its run by people who used to manage first direct/work with me, so its completely trusted.

soundninjauk

I had a mortgage with Atom for a couple of years. Everything worked as I expected, was very straightforward to manage (although their app had a slightly curious interface at the time), and when we re-mortaged and ended up somewhere else there were no problems with that either.

poolman
    Free Member

The next mpc meeting is c 2 weeks away, unless the fixed rate has priced in a further increase I d be tempted to wait.

Loads of tips on various podcasts, this is money did one about fixed rate savings last week.

jamesco

Another Atom user here, absolutely no issues moving money back and forth. I find the nominated account a useful way to handle the money , no side issues that I know of. As to rates , it’s a see saw ride at the moment as they are all leapfrogging one another to get customers so I have stopped switching about for a while, the monthly interest is a nice touch on the basic saver.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.