Athleteshop Bankrupt

Home Forum Bike Forum Athleteshop Bankrupt

• This topic has 18 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by  nixie.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Athleteshop Bankrupt
  • teamslug

Explains quite a lot. Fortunately ( or unfortunately) my one and only brush with them was a while ago and I got a refund.

https://www.athleteshop.co.uk/customerservice/terms-and-conditions

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

Arse. Guess I won’t be seeing that refund then (other than from credit card).

patriotpro

Nearly bought off them a few times, didn’t they charge a flat rate £7.99 for delivery or sommat daft?

Premier Icon Dickyboy
    Subscriber

Ah, only cancelled order the other day – paid on credit card but less than £100, am I likely to be able to get refund 🤔

Premier Icon zilog6128
    Subscriber

obviously worth asking your CC company, won’t be covered by S75 though. Interestingly (and I didn’t realise this before googling just now) you have to pay for at least one single item costing over £100 (rather than just spending at least £100 in total) to qualify for S75

Premier Icon Dickyboy
    Subscriber

CC company will “open dispute” but can’t see me getting any money back to be honest, teach me to order something without checking out supplier properly first 🤔

Premier Icon cubist
    Subscriber

I ordered some stuff from them that they kept delaying dispatch on and this is obviously the cause.  I had paid using a debit card and raised a dispute with Natwest who have just refunded me.  My order was about £75 so its still worth trying.

Premier Icon benpinnick
    Subscriber

You should open a dispute fast as the bank will be sat on a pot of cash which is used for chargebacks and issues like this but it won’t last forever.

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

I’ve open a charge back request. Barclaycard don’t make it easy or obvious though!

mark90

My credit card company refunded my money last week following a chargeback request.

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

Did you have to provide much info. I’ve resorted to the contact form as the more automated process doesn’t cater for going bust.

mark90

Had a form to fill in, just details on what bought, how much, contact with supplier or attempts contact the supplier etc. Was fairly straightforward. With NatWest.

cycl1ngjb

I was waiting on a Sunrace 11-50t speed cassette which seemed to be endlessly getting delayed

They agreed to refund, then promptly went bankrupt about 10 days later

Bought on a credit card (Tesco Bank) and they’re sorting out a refund – process was pretty straightforward – one phone call followed by text message updates and a final confirmation it’s all complete (still waiting on this – meant to take 45 days)

njd187

Ordered a tyre back in May kept getting delayed. Cancelled order no refund. Offered me a 15% discount on next order for inconvenience. Understand companys go bankrupt but to try get me to buy something else that had no chance of turning up is pretty shitty.

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

cycl1ngjb
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>That almost exactly the same as my order!</div>

Premier Icon Dickyboy
    Subscriber

Just been notified by credit card co that I’ll get a refund ☺️

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

Still nothing from mine!

Big-Bud

I ordered a charge damper unit 3 months ago…they constantly lied to me

Sadly I foolishly paid on my debit card

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

You may still be able to get that back. Years ago I reverse charged my debit card.

Mines now been credited pending investigation.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.