Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Atherton love on the BBC; Living the dream
  • fivealive

If you haven’t seen it;

nicely done 👌

welshfarmer

Cheers for the link. Missed that.

We had a (wet) day at the Dyfi Bike park last week. The work that has gone into it is incredible. The fact that a mediocre rider like me can still get down most of the lines safely is testament to the skill that Dan and Co have put into the design and implementation of the runs. Mind you, some of the features are just plain scary! And how nice is it to be looked after by Mrs Atherton and to get to say hi to Dan and Rachel as they go about their daily business there. I even got to have a good close up look at Dans’ Atherton bike. I really hope they continue to grow the park with the addition of some easier lines, as that will open it up to a lot more people. They have the real estate to do so for sure, and there definitely looked like some new lines were already going in, so let’s hope it is all rosy for their future here in Wales.

fivealive

I’m down for the Dyfi Enduro this year on May bank holiday so will be in the area for a few days, appreciate the report! Looking forward to exploring 🙂 GULP

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickc

grow the park with the addition of some easier lines

Can’t remember where I read it, but I think one of the things they (the Atherton’s) learned from other parks was that most injuries occur on the easier trails . I think they intentionally made the park challenging to deter the sort of rider who perhaps know enough to get themselves into trouble, but don’t quite have enough knowledge to extracate themselves from said trouble before they crash.

Given the dfyi park is are enough off the beaten track to make emergency recovery a trickier business that seems like a good idea. Ie attract the sort of riders for whom this sort of riding is attractive as opposed to chancers (like me, for instance 😀 )

welshfarmer

Some sense in that thinking Nick, but the runs they have currently start at a single Black Diamond, and go upwards so there really isn’t much for a wheels on the ground mincer like me 🙁

Was still awesome though 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Nice video that.
    Love how close the brothers can ride to each other at those speeds.
    Bikes near to launch eh..?

fivealive
    plus-one

Anyone on here got one ordered ?

I reckon if I was looking for new enduro rig this would definitely be on my list

tomhoward

I think the first 50 are the ones for people that contacted them directly about buying them. There’s still nothing on the website.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I would think the 12 month deadline to get them into peoples hands is getting pretty close.
    Lets hope they got all the bug sorted in time… (Insert evil smiley face.Although I really don’t think they’d do that. In the copy they mentioned its the website they’ve been slow on, not the developement.)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Atherton love on the BBC; Living the dream’ is closed to new replies.