Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • At what point does a bike become obsolete and, dare I say it, not worth keeping?
  • tomd
    Free Member

I had one of those frames. I definitely regret selling it. It was a great all rounder.

I’d say it would only not be worth keeping if the frame or fork died. Everything else is still easily available.

IdleJon

I had one of those frames. I definitely regret selling it. It was a great all rounder.

I loved mine and would jump at a modernised version. Mine died after I dropped it, after hitting a tree, and bent the rear mech hanger for the third time. (My one criticism of these frames was that they didn’t have a replaceable mech hanger.) At the time I was only using it as a wet weather bike anyway, having not long bought a Boardman Team FS. And, if I’m honest the Boardman was more competent in pretty much every way but just didn’t feel as good as the Genesis.

I killed it three years ago, and it was over 8 years old then.

grimep
    Free Member

Plenty of rose-tinted glasses/weird old git stuff on here.

I know right. Before 29″ slack geometry I literally used to go over the handlebars every time I touched the brakes, which is crazy right because today’s brakes are like 10,000 times better than old ones

cynic-al
    Free Member

I tried a 2018 bike recently, it was unrideable

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘At what point does a bike become obsolete and, dare I say it, not worth keeping?’ is closed to new replies.