Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 148 total)
  • At what age should I stop being naked in front of my kids?
  • orangeorange
    Free Member

What was the trophy for,surfer? I’m sensing something that you’re proud of but don’t really want to talk about ……;-)

scaredypants

I gave up being naked in front of my girls when I couldn’t sustain an erection for the duration
    Nothing worse than a half-mast dad IMO

neilthewheel

Jeeze, I never saw either of my parents naked unless something had gone badly wrong. They were different times.
    I sometimes do a bit of nude housework, but only if I’m alone.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

My parents used to wander round the house when I was a kid (70’s) up until I hit my teens. Not a particularly edifying spectacle.

molgrips
    Free Member

it’s compulsory to try, even if you do get beaten off – kind of like an oversexed Kato

Lolz 🙂

I stopped wandering about the house naked in front of my daughter (5) but only to try and set the correct example and stop her doing it!

She now knows to say EEEWWWW! when she sees my winkie because Ewan at school keeps getting his winkie out and being told off for it…

theotherjonv

Frankly, the prospect of seeing me naked against the prospect of seeing my wife Donald Ducking (refer back to prechristmas thread about how ladies take t-shirts off) – I know what I’d rather.

(Although we do have wood floors and tiles, so particularly in winter when I say naked, of course I’m wearing socks)

of course I’m wearing socks

And you know when he’s down to just his socks what time it is.

chvck
    Free Member

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that’s the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

beefheart
    Free Member

Seriously WTF?
    This thread is full of wrong.

I don’t remember seeing my parents naked ever, and I don’t expose myself or ‘face slap’ my kids with my dong! 😯

The cut off point is the age kids remember- you don’t want to have flashbacks of your naked parents when you’re older!!

timc
    Free Member

OP, you should have already stopped, for the best you do now!

Weirdo 😉

orangeorange
    Free Member

Beefheart I’m with you on this,we’ve all had diverse upbringings but some of the stories on this thread are shocking (and hilarious too thankfully)
    I might have blocked it out but thankfully I can never remember seeing my parents nekked,and for that I’m eternally grateful!
    The rule of thumb with my kids was once they started pointing at it it was time to cover it up !
    Interesting topic though,another STW classic in the making.

I can’t remember when/if my daughter saw me naked – if she did, she will have been VERY young.

She’s been very shy about me seeing her naked from a very young age too.

It’s a big no in our house and it’s something we all agree is right.

Now, if I could just convince Mrs STR that it’s fine for her to be naked in front of me….

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I’ve tried asking the MIL not to but she does insist…

GrahamS

…staying the night at a nudist camp in Austria once. I did think it was a bit weird seeing families with older kids there.

I’m not bothered being naked and quite happy using saunas, spas etc when in Austria (where everyone will be happily walking about naked). The only time I’ve felt a bit uncomfortable was sharing a hot tub with an older German couple and their 16-17 year old daughter. That felt a bit wrong.

But that was my problem, not theirs.

hunterst
    Free Member

I stopped being nekked in front of my daughter when she started to sing a song she made up – the lyrics were “willy willy willy, willy willy willy”
    She was 4.

I feel quite uncomfortable even now if she catches me getting dressed and says something like “ooh dad i saw your little bumbum – its so cute”
    She’s 7 now.
    She’s a rather strange and funny little person at times 😆

Northwind

I think nudity is disgusting. Get yourself a hijab

richpips
    Free Member

The only time I’ve been told to get some clothes on by my family, was when I was walking round the house in just my leg warmers. 😀

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Having saunas with (1) girlfriends parents in Sweden and (2) a first business meeting in Finland were both a little uncomfortable.

bencooper
    Free Member

We just don’t make a big deal of it – it’s only a naked body. Our daughter is only 4, though, so at some point she’ll probably find it embarassing along with everything else we do.

beefheart
    Free Member

I stopped being nekked in front of my daughter when she started to sing a song she made up – the lyrics were “willy willy willy, willy willy willy”
    She was 4.

Dam straight- funny, but good point.

I think nudity is disgusting. Get yourself a hijab

Maybe adult nudity enforced upon children old enough to remember it (ie not babies) is disgusting?
    Definitely embarrassing/not preferable.

bencooper
    Free Member

Why’s it disgusting? Seriously? It’s just a human body.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you don’t want to have flashbacks of your naked parents when you’re older!!

to be fair no one wants to have flashbacks of you naked

Not sure why you are all so hung about this

I neither walk round naked nor avoid just depends
    We went skinny dipping this year they were 7 and 8.

beefheart
    Free Member

Why’s it disgusting? Seriously? It’s just a human body.

Are you this guy?

I’m not disgusted by the human body- just don’t think children need to be subjected to adult naked bodies….

Dickyboy

gf’s 13yo daughter was none too impressed when gf & a friend went skinny dipping a couple of years back, mind you that might have had something to do with me & friends husband putting on their bikinis 😀

batfink
    Free Member

of course I’m wearing socks

And you know when he’s down to just his socks what time it is.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

n need to be subjected to adult naked bodies….

Subjected to? Kids generally don’t mind being naked, it’s adults who tend to have all the hang ups. There’s nothing sexual or untoward about a naked person. I reckon when they start to either make fun or get embarrassed about it, then it’s time to stop, otherwise I don’t see and issue.

slackalice
    Free Member

Does it make any difference whether one is au naturel, trimmed or shaven?

Just asking…

grum
    Free Member

Really not sure what to make of the Op’s tale but in general we are far too prudish in this country IMO. Going to a sauna in Austria for the first time with a friend and his gf was interesting, but when in Rome etc.

hora
    Free Member

You don’t know what your kids will talk about at school or how he/she will really see you (not based on what YOU) think.

Put it away. Especially if you ain’t even half a prime male or your partner/wife.

Unless you are French then crack on.

irelanst
    Free Member

we are far too prudish in this country IMO

It’s not just the British, Americans are way more reserved in my experience. My girl is 8 and we often go swimming with friends, Dutch friends (girls, boys and dads) have zero problems getting naked in the open plan changing rooms but the American ones always disappear into the toilets to change in the cubicles (even some of the dads and boys). The only thing that has ever caused a few raised eyebrows was when one of my girls friends came with us and insisted on getting changed with us but also kicked up a fuss that her mum had to come too, the mum wasn’t the least bothered, so I just went along with it.

I think the time to cover up is when they start to, my girl is perfectly happy lounging around naked at the moment, so doesn’t seem to have any issues. Once she starts to get conscious of her own body then I’ll be more aware.

hora
    Free Member

Nothing to do with being prudish. They just don’t need to see you naked.

Don’t depress them. You ain’t no Arnies.

kayak23

Who wants to witness a load of old danglies jiggling about while you’re trying to eat your tea?

Long live prudism!
    😉

theotherjonv

A few posts on here about ‘having a look at yourself’ make me wonder if they’re serious or not. I wonder if there’s an issue due to the recent child abuse cases, that we risk becoming over sensitive about human bodies, and also that we can’t draw a distinction between a naked human body in a normal setting and a sexual one.

Not everything I’ve said is real, some is made up for comedic value, because I come on here sometimes for a laugh, and up until last night this thread was making me laugh. Of course I don’t windmill in front of children, or in carparks late at night. I do change in carparks after riding and if its all men (no women / kids) I’ll drop shorts, and put on fresh ones without a towel having been brought up playing sport all my life. If ladies or kids are there, I’ll be discrete and wrap a towel around and do that funny one legged hopping dance.

In swimming pools, yes we use a communal area and a family changing room and my daughters see me naked and me them. We don’t LOOK at each other particularly, and when my eldest grows up a bit more she’ll be the one to decide she wants her own cubicle and that’ll be fine too.

At home, we have one bathroom / toilet and we’ve never locked the door. It’s normal for someone to be in the bath or shower and someone else come in. We don’t stare at each other, nor do we hide ourselves. We have a house convention on pooing, on the basis weve decided no one likes sharing that moment. Some might find that prudish, but as with everything above it’s what we as a family find reasonable. And once I’ve showered, and dried myself, and put the towel on the rail, of course I walk back to my bedroom in the buff. Maybe the time will come when my daughters won’t be happy about that and they’ll let me know one way or another.

There’s a big difference between nudity and sexual nudity, I think we have a good understanding of that line in my family and I’m not changing because people think I need to have a look at myself. YMMV

The bit about the oversexed Kato, and the bit about the socks. Ones true, the other’s made up. You decide which.

GrahamS

Don’t depress them. You ain’t no Arnies.

All the more reason for them to see some normal bodies surely?

They’ll get exposed to enough “perfect” photoshopped Arnies and Barbies.

johndoh
    Free Member

Some good points being raised here – and I am astonished at some people’s view on nudity, I really am.

By the way, although my wife felt it odd I was naked, it wasn’t because it was unusual – we both dress in front of them almost every day as they come into our bedroom on a morning. Her view was on it being in a public place and I don’t think she’d realised it was a single sex changing room (we usually use a different swimming pool with communal facilities).

It was just that conversation that got me started thinking about just when I really should stop.

hora
    Free Member

Ok we still don’t cover up infront of our 4yr old. In the changing rooms I wont hide anything. I’ve been conscious that someones copped an eyeful too at my old gym. No problem but abit weird.

Going forward though I feel a don’t walk round but-naked but also don’t go the prudish route. i.e. bathroom door is locked and theres no need to make a show of it but also not quickly wrap a towel. i.e be normal.

sputnik
    Free Member

I suppose steroid Arni didn’t have much to parade in the nether region.

miketually
    Free Member

we are far too prudish in this country IMO

I’ve been surprised at how prudish some on here are, to be honest.

We all get the privacy that we want – my eldest daughter likes to be left alone when in the shower, but is perfectly happy to wander into the bathroom and put in her contacts while I’m in the shower.

hora
    Free Member

I’m far more concerned at our attitude to death in this country.

binners

Does the sight of yourself naked make you think of death?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘At what age should I stop being naked in front of my kids?’ is closed to new replies.