Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 397 total)
  • At the current rate of deterioration in the global weather systems patterns!
  • Northwind

<reports Druidh>

kaesae
    Free Member

Perhaps you are correct edukator, we should not throw open our minds to all possibilities and then evaluate and eliminate them, we should do what exactly?

There are micro organisms under that ice that are completely alien to our world, we have no idea what they will do when released? Since the ice continues to melt we do know they will be released.

They may indeed be beneficial to us, however to say they do not pose any kind of threat and dismiss them without even looking into it?

I am curious about these organisms and I can see there being great potential for them to cause change, however I am not so lacking in imagination that I cannot see them being a major potential threat.

GrahamS

35 million year old bugs, 35 million years of development 😯

Erm… I’m sure a lot of common “bugs” around today have had a similar time “in development”.

Though I’m not exactly clear how you reckon a virus frozen in ice has been successfully reproducing for 35 million years. Don’t virrii need host cells to infect and replicate?

GrahamS

we should do what exactly?

Edukator
    Free Member

They’re long since dead though their descendants are still around with pretty much unchanged genetic code doing the same job of breaking down organic matter in reducing environments.

loum
    Free Member

For anyone interested, this weeks new scientist has features on this subject

druidh
    Free Member

😛

nealglover
    Free Member

For anyone interested, this weeks new scientist has features on this subject

With information just as vague as this thread I should imagine.

kaesae
    Free Member

Good luck you crazy fools! I’m off back to my escape plan!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Good luck you crazy fools! I’m off back to my escape plan!

kaesae
    Free Member

Thanks ernie, I now know what I want for xmas 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Junkyard, I think being aware of all the potential threats is a good idea.

yes but getting paranoid and making huge leaps is not that

35 million year old bugs, 35 million years of development in a contained and very harsh environment, do these micro organisms have any similarities to the bugs we have today like influensa, with a lot of micro organisms you have this amazing ability to learn from each other and mutate.

well we are drilling down and all measures are to stop us infecting it rather than it infecting us. Lean from each other WTF are you talking about ? Do they do journals and conferences and share information via the internet- in what way do they “learn” from each other?

Has anyone gotten any samples of this stuff in and under the ice and WTF is it?

[quote]Perhaps you are correct edukator, we should not throw open our minds to all possibilities and then evaluate and eliminate them, we should do what exactly?[/quote]
    use some sort of critical faculty so our open mind does not let in any old crap we can think of?

There are micro organisms under that ice that are completely alien to our world,

So they are on our world but they are alien to our world???/

I am curious about these organisms and I can see there being great potential for them to cause change, however I am not so lacking in imagination that I cannot see them being a major potential threat.

huge leaps and jumps in conclusion without any facts [ always assuming something negative rather than positive as druidH notes]is not imagination, it is not a positive attribute

kaesae
    Free Member

Are you OK junkyard you seem a bit sexually frustrated, a lot of that going about these days. Have you considered some bevvy and massaging your crotch area!

We have had no contact with these micro organisms and have no idea what characteristics they have or what affect they will have on our environment when they are released.

Although several organisms exist that are beneficial to humanity, lately we have been encountering more and more that are hostile towards us ( I wonder why?)

There are also micro organisms that are in fact lethal to us, since we have no idea what these micro organisms are like, we should not assume anything and should look to further investigate and study them, we should also be aware of how potentially dangerous they could be.

Seems to me every idea that is suggested that falls outside of what is excepted as normal is to come under immediate attack? wonder why that is?

alex222
    Free Member

Are you OK junkyard[b] kaesae[/b] you seem a bit sexually frustrated as though you want to have full sex with some 35million year old microbes that live under polar ice

kaesae
    Free Member

Here’s a curve ball for you lot, if the heating up of the earth is only happening to the earth as a result of wee hoomaans and not as I claim as part of a solar/stellar cycle, can you explain why it is also happening on mars?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070228-mars-warming.html

I do not deny that our parasitical attitude is contributing to climate change, but not even the most docile of you can claim we are causing the same melting effect on mars.

While we are discussing shit that does not fit the argument or man made climate change, how do you explain the north magnetic pole moving at the rate it is?

lemonysam
    Free Member

While we are discussing shit that does not fit the argument or man made climate change, how do you explain the fact that I woke up late this morning and didn’t have a chance to make sandwiches for lunch so now I have to go to the sandwich shop but I don’t have any cash and my card’s still in my jersey pocket from last night’s ride so now I have to ride all the way home and back on my lunch break and get something to eat and also my colleague over there *points*hasn’t made a brew all day and I’ve made two and also my pen ran out and we’ve got the wrong colour of post its plus the custard creams in the staff room are from poundstretcher and taste faintly of wee-wee?

GrahamS

We have had no contact with these micro organisms

I don’t think any of the scientific teams permanently stationed in the Arctic and Antarctic (who regularly do deep drills through ice for ice core sampling, and who spend a lot of time researching creatures that live in such environments) have been mysteriously wiped out by sentient killer Piacenzian micro-organisms just yet.

lately we have been encountering more and more that are hostile towards us ( I wonder why?)

Go on… why?

Obvious answer: nature is competitive. Selfishness is more common than symbiosis.

Non-obvious answer: Gaia is sending them to attack us to rid herself of us parasites?

Seems to me every idea that is suggested that falls outside of what is excepted as normal is to come under immediate attack? wonder why that is?

Pointing out that your ideas don’t have any actual evidence, don’t obey laws of physics/chemistry/biology and actually contradict what is measurably happening in reality, is not an “attack” – it is just the application of critical thought.

if the heating up of the earth is only happening to the earth as a result of wee hoomaans and not as I claim as part of a solar/stellar cycle, can you explain why it is also happening on mars?

All planets will have natural cycles of warming and cooling.
    This does not exclude the possibility that we are messing with ours.

Note that article is from 2007, about a single icy region on Mars that suggests some change in surface temperatures. Nothing like what we are seeing here. And as mentioned earlier, we are not seeing a change in the temperature/energy from the sun that would account for the changes here.

Try:
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11642-climate-myths-mars-and-pluto-are-warming-too.html
    ‘Mars and Pluto are warming too’–No they aren’t — and what if they were?

GrahamS

While we are discussing shit that does not fit the argument or man made climate change, how do you explain the north magnetic pole moving at the rate it is?

Drifting moving towards a pole flip.
    As it has done many times during Earth’s history?

Plenty of theories here to start with:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_reversal

By the way, the Sun’s stellar magnetic field flips every 11 years or so.

Junkyard
    Free Member

your ideas are at times illogical, ill conceived, un evidenced, poorly explained and at times frankly gibberish. Folk have tried repeatedly to explain how poor thee are and how evidence and reality conflicts with this but you just jump to something else equally out there as the next debating point.
    For example you accept

and have no idea what characteristics they have or what affect they will have on our environment when they are released

yet you are happy to give us doomsday prophecies about what may happen

GrahamS

Folk have tried repeatedly to explain how poor thee are

Verily. Forsooth. 😉

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I don’t think any of the scientific teams permanently stationed in the Arctic and Antarctic (who regularly do deep drills through ice for ice core sampling, and who spend a lot of time researching creatures that live in such environments) have been mysteriously wiped out by sentient killer Piacenzian micro-organisms just yet.

I take it you have incontrovertible evidence that they haven’t had their brains eaten by 35 million year old virii who then occupy the space turning the former scientists into drooling zombies ready to conquer the world on the instruction of their giant lizard alien overlords? proper proof mind, the sort of thing that would get published in serious sicientific journals, not just some made up nonsense.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

your ideas are at times illogical, ill conceived, un evidenced, poorly explained and at times frankly gibberish. hilarious

FIFY

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

So they are on our world but they are alien to our world???/

yes, it happens, look (if you dare)

(granted the second one says Space Alien, not Ice Alien, but you get my drift).

Also, for evidence of aliens and other things that just aren’t right, there’s always

kaesae – Member

kaesae
    Free Member

I disagree with most of that dribble, I have put forward my ideas and allowed you to rubbish them.

That does not mean they are invalid, just that you are looking at them wrong or are incapable of comprehending the genius of my mind.

To claim that our solar system is not affected in anyway by the rest of the milky way and that our position in relation to other astral bodies or groups of astral bodies in the milky way has no effect on our planet is simply retarded.

As for the fact that mars is also heating up in the same way as the earth is, well that’s just a coincidence, factor in additional activity from the sun and increased seismic activity (which isn’t happening I know).

Add in the magnetic north pole moving, well that’s just because the poles are about to flip as they have several times in the past 😯 .

Hahahaha! yes GrahamS that is more likely than not what will happen soon during this cycle or stellar realignment, can you tell me what effects this flipping of the poles or complete reversal of the earths magnetic fields will have on this planet?

All in all you can see exactly why it has taken us 30 years to except that global warming is happening.

Put simply, we ignore the obvious and focus on the abstract, the problem with all the different research provided is that it can and is interpreted in a multitude of ways.

However, here is what remains and can be verified by everyone, we are seeing seismic events of massive scale all close together in terms of occurrence in recent years, as proven by the amount of devastation they are causing.

We are seeing increased volcanic activity that can be verified by the fact that not only has one of the Icelandic volcanoes closed down a large portion of Europe’s airports recently, but also other Icelandic volcanoes are active as well as Etna.

We can see the affects of climate change here in this country from the amount of rain that is falling, however you lot are claiming that these events are not linked at all and are in fact as you have proven all independent.

I refuse to believe what you are saying or advocating, these are not independent events, they are all relevant to our current situation.

All joking and winding you lot up aside, we are in a very serious situation here and I doubt if you have the intelligence to realize the fact or maturity to deal with what is coming.

Hope you lot enjoy your weekend!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Add in the magnetic north pole moving, well that’s just because the poles are about to flip as they have several times in the past

Are all maps and atlases going to have to be redrawn upside down ? 😐

Hope you lot enjoy your weekend!

Easy for you to say that after dropping that bombshell.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Are all maps and atlases going to have to be redrawn upside down ?

No, we just change the language – you become a soft shandy drinking northener whilst i comment on how grim it is up south.

bigrich

the lowest sea ice on record, before the melt season.

terrifying

alex222
    Free Member

we are in a very serious situation here and I doubt if you have the intelligence to realize the fact or maturity to deal with what is coming.

GrahamS

you are looking at them wrong or are incapable of comprehending the genius of my mind.

Scarily I think you might actually believe that. Hence why you dismiss people challenging you with actual science fact as “docile” and “retards”.

To claim that our solar system is not affected in anyway by the rest of the milky way and that our position in relation to other astral bodies or groups of astral bodies in the milky way has no effect on our planet is simply retarded.

There you go with that word again. (You do realise that is quite insulting to some people yeah?)

Did anyone make that claim? No. I’m quite sure there is some effect.

Just not “astral energy” being “channelled through our Sun” to “heat up the Earth’s core” causing earthquakes and volcanoes.
    Because none of that is happening and there is no evidence that it will.

As for the fact that mars is also heating up in the same way as the earth is, well that’s just a coincidence

Except it isn’t “heating up in the same way” is it?

can you tell me what effects this flipping of the poles or complete reversal of the earths magnetic fields will have on this planet?

Worldwide collapse of the compass industry I would imagine.

Put simply, we ignore the obvious and focus on the abstract

That sounds more like your approach, not mine. You focus on abstract fanciful ideas to the exclusion of obvious boring stuff like evidence or empirical measurement.

However, here is what remains and can be verified by everyone…

Ahh, verification. I like verification. Makes me feel all scientificy.

“..we are seeing seismic events of massive scale..” NOPE!

“..increased volcanic activity..” NOPE!

“..additional activity from the sun..” [b]NOPE![/b]

Earth’s core heating up.. NOPE!

“We can see the affects of climate change here in this country from the amount of rain that is falling..” YEP! (well, “maybe” anyway)

I doubt if you have the intelligence to realize the fact or maturity to deal with what is coming.

And you are a big stinky pants. 😛

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

next weeks topic

druidh
    Free Member

It’s starting….

Big Earthquake off the Philippines 😯

GrahamS

Meanwhile in kaesae’s secret underground lair…

kaesae
    Free Member

Simply trace the course of our solar system through the milky way and then look for any correlations between proximity or distance from other astral bodies in particular the spiral arms and the weather patterns or climate change on this world for a set period.

Shouldn’t take any more that 20 hours of research.

Also if I knew something big was coming why the **** would I warn you lot? rub your faces in it before hand yes! No offence but the world would be a much better place without imperialist capitalism or the slave minions that support and make it’s Tyranny possible.

Hope you have a good saddle year and enjoy what ever comes your way 😉

Spin
    Free Member

correlations between proximity or distance from other astral bodies in particular the spiral arms and the weather patterns or climate change on this world for a set period.

Correlation does not imply causation:

RustySpanner

Just a quick note to those who insist on using the word ‘bugs’, despite the fact that the word ‘insects’ is in common usage and has been for quite some time;

I know who you are.

I know where you live (funnily enough, NOT in America).
    When the time is right, I shall track you down.
    My vengeance will be slow and terrible.

That is all.

GrahamS

Simply trace the course of our solar system through the milky way and then look for any correlations between proximity or distance from other astral bodies in particular the spiral arms and the weather patterns or climate change on this world for a set period.
    Shouldn’t take any more that 20 hours of research.

Cool, let us know what journal you get published in so we can have a read.

The video you posted earlier suggested that periods where our solar system passed through the spiral arms correlated with periods of cooling on Earth – so if your paper shows that it is actually correlates with periods of warmth then it should prove interesting.

GrahamS

Just a quick note to those who insist on using the word ‘bugs’, despite the fact that the word ‘insects’ is in common usage and has been for quite some time;

Nasty flu insect going round at the moment“… hmmm… That doesn’t sound quite right…

jimmy

I haven’t kept up with this thread, but here’s some pretty terrifying reading. Enjoy.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/global-warmings-terrifying-new-math-20120719

RustySpanner

What?

You expected me to read the thread and establish context before posting?

Your name’s on the list too….. 😀

Spin
    Free Member

Here’s another correlation for you kaesae. Do you think there’s a causal link here too?

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 397 total)

The topic ‘At the current rate of deterioration in the global weather systems patterns!’ is closed to new replies.