Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 397 total)
  • At the current rate of deterioration in the global weather systems patterns!
  • yunki
    Free Member

I find your stellar procession stuff interesting..

but the seismic and weather non-events you worried about don’t make sense unless I’m missing something..

chiefgrooveguru

Does faux science prove so gripping because it’s both more accessible (due to requiring less education) and more exciting (because it’s full of half-baked conspiracy theory style ideas) than real science?

Keva
    Free Member

pretty good book

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kaesae
    Free Member

Yunki, you appear to be missing out climate change!

Seismic activity and the weather are two forms of energy transference or management systems that the planet uses to regulate it’s surface conditions.

alpin
    Free Member

Every culture that has developed has had writing, however our records only go back a few thousand years.

wrong.

nealglover
    Free Member

and certain online communities are then exploiting your new found interests and insecurities to peddle conspiracy theories, and alternative new age ‘science’

100% this.

kaesae
    Free Member

keva if there was a cycle in the milky way that meant every so many thousand years or so, this planet passed through a sector of space that caused extreme weather globally.

Weather so extreme that it was called by most ancient peoples the world storm/flood and has been recorded in many forms over the Millennium by civilizations from different parts of the world with no contact, do you not think that they would have made a film about it?

kaesae
    Free Member

alpin – Member

Every culture that has developed has had writing, however our records only go back a few thousand years.

wrong.

Thanks for pointing that out alpin, took you long enough but better late than never, some cultures simply rely on oral traditions, however every culture will advance and progress.

How is it possible for a race as old as ours, to have made so little progress for all the time in our history! what we did in the past 2,000 years could have been done at any point in our history, why was it not?

alex222
    Free Member

How much time do we think we have until the planet is uninhabitable?

I think we will be invaded by a race of super sexy green female aliens who will strip the planet of all its resources making it uninhabitable and make me personally there sexy slave two whole days before man’s reckless use of fossil fuels drive the planet to the brink of destruction.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Here’s a question, if humanity has been around for well over 100,000 years in it’s current form, why is it only now that we are seeing such population growth?

Because we developed agriculture.

dirtydog
    Free Member

can bombard the earth with certain types of energy, this energy is absorbed by the earths core, which in turn increases the heat of the core.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_core

If your going to offer this^ as evidence to support your theory then a least have the common decency to read what is you putting forward because………..

Little is known about how the inner core grows. Because it is slowly cooling………………

FFS

Edukator
    Free Member

Here in France the evening weather forecast now makes much of overnight temperatures during heat waves. Daytime temperatures aren’t rising much long term but overnight readings are, showing less heat is being lost overnight when there is a clear sky. For example the Pic du Midi weather station recorded a record +13.5°C the night before last and the Aiguille du Midi +4°C.

Northwind

kaesae – Member

How is it possible for a race as old as ours, to have made so little progress for all the time in our history! what we did in the past 2,000 years could have been done at any point in our history, why was it not?

It couldn’t- every development is a stone placed upon a previous stone. Obviously.

Junkyard
    Free Member

if we are being bombarded by so much energy from astral bodies (other than the sun) that it is heating up the earth’s core then surely we can measure or harness that energy in some way? Sounds like it would make a great free energy source.

I have crystals what colour do you need?

As for seismic activity not increasing and the nice graph showing numbers, all very well however you are missing out intensity?

Graham thanks you for leading the link to the graph which is titled
    Number of worldwide earthquakes with a magnitude of 7 or greater over the last two decades.
    It is little wonder you come up with these “whacky” ideas with little basis in reality. Why not join a suitable website to discuss them there?

bwaarp
    Free Member

It couldn’t- every development is a stone placed upon a previous stone. Obviously.

Except technological development is never linear, it comes in leaps and bounds.

Technology arises suddenly quite often because of need. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neolithic_Revolution

Northwind

Yup, but you couldn’t have had the first agricultural revolution without the slower development that led up to that point. Should go without saying that technological development doesn’t come at a linear rate, but also that there’s prerequisites to development- no agriculture without tool use, no large population centres without agriculture, and so on.

nwilko
    Free Member

GrahamS

A couple more questions about your theories kaesae:

The energy that is affecting our planet is being channeled through the Sun, Suns are the primary physical regulatory force in the milky way.

But the energy output from Sun has not changed. Surely if the Sun started channelling the astral energy of the Milky Way, and bombarding us with enough energy to reverse the cooling of the Earth’s core, then we’d be able to detect and measure it?

Surely if we could harness such an enormously powerful energy then I think we’d go a long way to solving our fossil fuel issues.

When Suns are forced into closer proximity to each other due to their course / trajectory or processional orbit through the milky way

Has that happened though? Our nearest neighbour sun/star is Proxima Centauri, which is 24,938,000,000,000 miles away (4.24 light years). Is that “close proximity”? When and why did it suddenly get closer if we’re all following a similar orbit around the centre of the galaxy?

As well as distance I’m also a little confused by the timescales. As I understand it, our “cosmic year”, the time it takes our sun to orbit the centre of the Milky Way, is roughly 225 million years. But the Climate Change debate is about an apparent temperature rise in the past 100 years.

Given the galactic timescales involved, it seems unlikely that our relative position has altered enough in a century to cause such an issue.

Indeed, near the end of the video you posted (very nice by the way), it does actually talk about a possible link to climate change from galactic procession: but that was historical periods of extended cooling, not warming, which coincided with us passing through the spiral arms of the Milky Way. And the timescale involved was 500 million years, not 100 years.

As for seismic activity not increasing and the nice graph showing numbers, all very well however you are missing out intensity?

As Junkyard pointed out, that particular graph was for intense (above 7.0) earthquakes.

The British and US Geological Surveys both explicitly state that there has been no recent increase (or decrease) in seismic activity, either in intensity or frequency.

You asked me to do research and “Look at seismic activity globally” and that’s what I found. Where are you getting the idea that seismic activity has increased?

konabunny
    Free Member

How is it possible for a race as old as ours, to have made so little progress for all the time in our history!

Which race is ours? How old is it?

GrahamS

I suspect he meant “race” as in “human race” (i.e. species)?

Also….

richmtb

Written language was initially developed as a way of keeping track of agricultural surplus. Ancient Sumerian around 5,500 years ago is one of the first examples.

Agricultural surplus wasn’t really possible without the invention of agriculture.

The spread of agriculture relied on having a relatively stable climate free of ice ages which were pretty frequent up to around 10,000-15,000 years ago.

Once the ice ages stopped agriculture delveloped pretty quickly, stable agriculture occured in the “Fertile Crescent” (the modern Middle East) as much as 9000 years ago.

Junkyard
    Free Member

kaesae – Member
    Do we know for certain if our sun effects the weather on this planet?

Is this a real question?
    Are you suggesting if it went out nothing would change?
    Are you suggesting that summer is not hotter than winter- have you noticed that say when there is less hours of sunlight in winter it is colder than when there is lots in summer.
    I dont think anyone alive thinks the sun is anything other than the prime driver

I cannot believe you asked that tbh and GrhamS you are quite optomistic

GrahamS

GrahamS you are quite optomistic

In the new spirit of not being argumentative or derogatory I’ve tried to treat kaesae’s theories with as much respect as I can muster.

I’ve stuck to a polite carefully considered analysis and deliberately avoided words like “fruitloop”, “crackpot” and “new age mumbo-jumbo” 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ozdu4CqOAI[/video]

kaesae
    Free Member

But the energy output from Sun has not changed. Surely if the Sun started channelling the astral energy of the Milky Way, and bombarding us with enough energy to reverse the cooling of the Earth’s core, then we’d be able to detect and measure it?

Grahams if the energy output of the sun is constant and as you claim has not changed, how then do you explain solar flares?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_flare

Our planet will be affected by a lot of other astral bodies just as it is by the moon, however none will have as significant an effect as our sun.

You are missing out volcanic activity and only focusing on earth quakes in terms of seismic activity, why is that? How many tremors, earth quakes and after shocks are equivalent to an eruption?

Our planet orbits the sun on an axis that axis is not a straight line it wobbles, we could say that it wobbles from the positive to the negative polarity of it’s magnetic field along it’s axis.

Our solar system will adhere to a similar law when it makes it’s way through the milky way along an axis, if we say that our solar system dips beneath the axis of the milky way for a set period of time let’s say 500’000 years as an example and then proceeds to a position above the axis for 500,000 years, could this not account for our flipping of the magnetic poles?

Did you notice that there are sectors or area’s of space inside the milkyway that we will pass through during our stellar progression that are far more densely populated by stars?

If all of the solar systems in the milky way are also moving in a similar fashion to us and remain equally distant from each other, how exactly do you propose that there can be areas that have far greater density in terms of stars? If all of the solar systems adhere to the what you are saying and remain equidistant how then can the milkyway function?

If we go through the middle of a spiral arm as opposed to being on the edge of a spiral arm or in between spriral arms are you proposing that we will still experience the exact same conditions on this planet? also that electromagnetic and magnetic fields throughout the entire milkyway do not experience any field variations, regardless of our position in the milkyway?

Time scale is only relevant or relative to our position in the milky way, how far has our solar system traveled in the past 100 years and what are we now approaching in terms of stellar configurations within the milkyway ?

molgrips
    Free Member

Grahams if the energy output of the sun is constant and as you claim has not changed, how then do you explain solar flares?

Lol what? Two unrelated things!

mt
    Free Member

Also when did the Hurdy Girdy start sing songs of mirth.

Ace thread keep it up.

kaesae
    Free Member

No one seems to have guessed at how much time we actually have left?

Here’s an alternative question, is the weather we are seeing now more or less severe than weather that has affected the planet in the past? for example the last ice age and was the last ice age also caused by green house gases or man made technologies?

alex222
    Free Member

dj zinc holds the answer

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHKhfQXcPLU[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

Are you kidding? There are teams of scientists all over the world trying to work out what’ll happen to the climate and weather in the future. It’s in the news quite a lot!

I’m really not sure what your point is.

nacho
    Free Member

I think kaesae’s original point was to question how much time humans have left on the planet if the climate related changes we are seeing now continue to escalate (and if the few who denied climate change is happening still retain their original beliefs and are they still in employment to further those beliefs)
    Maybe I am wrong, regardlessI have no idea how this thread ended up here, however I have found it entertaining and to be fair I often find kaesae’s threads entertaining if somewhat irrational and eccentric!

kaesae
    Free Member

Nacho are you suggesting that the majority of people on the earth today are rational?

If indeed the majority of the population of the earth are indeed irrational as our current attitude towards ourselves as individuals and as a collective whole as well as our attitude towards the world we live on clearly demonstrates, WTF would most people know about rationality?

And does the fact that we are clearly an irrational species not demonstrate that members of our species should avoid using the term irrational, because clearly they have no concept of it’s meaning or grasp of it’s significance relative to our current situation or any circumstantial events?

nacho
    Free Member

Nope. I wasn’t going that deep. Just stating that IMHO your threads generally are. 😀

kaesae
    Free Member

Yes but let’s face it, we humans are not exactly a rational race are we, it’s a bit like the saying never trust a bald barber!

I may appear irrational to you! however how rational a person are you and how accurate is your understand of what rationality actually means.

I also have to questions your honesty as well, it has been by experience that not many capitalist personages appreciate the truth or honesty for that matter.

For example when someone you know asks a questions, do you tell them what they want to hear or the truth?

Are you polite to people and cordial even if you think they are a ****?

Basically I am questioning everything and I’m not afraid to make some mistakes in the process of learning, in fact I can’t think of a way to learn that wouldn’t involve changing my perspective or view point once my knowledge increases, so since it is a natural part of learning, how can it be a mistake?

kaesae
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

Lol what? Two unrelated things!

Molgrips I am a bit old fashioned and see things in a straight forward way, when ever I can.

However I do realize that there are individuals that are far more intelligent and knowledgeable than me, so perhaps you could help me with this question, how can the energy of the Sun not change or have not changed, but during a Solar flare it increases? How can it not change but increase?

nacho
    Free Member

True, I wouldn’t class humans as a rational race.
    If someone asks me a question I prefer to answer with the truth and I consider myself generally an honest person.
    I try to be polite and cordial with people although if I think they are a **** I just avoid interaction where possible.
    But what has this to do with how long humanity has left on this planet?

kaesae
    Free Member

WOT?

OMFG, you is dicin me innit!

Humanity has some time left actually, what’s coming isn’t enough to destroy us, but it is going to set us back a good bit!

molgrips
    Free Member

Solar flares are single quick events that take a day or two, and are only a symptom of solar activity, they don’t make the sun hotter themselves.

Solar output changes over years on various cycles, and sunspots are linked with this. However over millions of years it has only declined slightly afaik. Not enough on its own to directly cause ice ages etc, but perhaps enough to influence prevailing weather patterns or to tip positive feedback cycles.

Basically I am questioning everything and I’m not afraid to make some mistakes in the process of learning,

There is loads of good science on this issue – it’s a good place to start, but make sure you do lots of reading before jumping to conclusions 🙂

As for the fate of mankind – I think we will carry on, technology will eventually sort out our continuation, but in the process there will be a lot of pain and hardship caused by climate change.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

If nobody else is going to ask:

was the last ice age also caused by green house gases or man made technologies?

Which technologies would those be?

mt
    Free Member

is that what you call being in denial

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 397 total)

The topic ‘At the current rate of deterioration in the global weather systems patterns!’ is closed to new replies.