Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • At school with the rich and famous
  • 40mpg

I went to the same school as Soma_Rich (though not at the same time).

The school itself is mostly famous for a huge cock (not me I hasten to add)

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I think if anyone has been to Tenerife, then Rudeboy would claim hes’ been to elevenerife…

Not at all. I’ve just had a relatively quite eventful childhood. None of what I wrote is untrue.

Besides, Miketually definitely trumps me on the grisly murders front! 😯

flatback
    Free Member

manic street preachers, college and school a year older than me

mrsflash
    Free Member

Yeegads good of course!

Nicky was a pivotal player (maybe THE pivotal player in our 2002/2003 season) when we were beaten in the playoffs to reach the Premier league. The next season he was largely injured and subsequently moved on to Ipswich I think. If he’d stayed fit he’d have definitely been with the club still in the season when we finally made it to the Premier league (05/06) and would be truly writ into legend status among devotees.

ah, good 🙂 Like I said, he’s a nice guy. He did go to ipswitch and is now at brighton I believe.

coffeeking
    Free Member

The college I went to had a cast member from hollyoaks at the time. It’s had a few notable students, myself not included 😀 :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winstanley_College
    My school was uninteresting. Uni much the same.

But I hate idolising famous people, it drives me mad – the artsy famous lot were the kids I avoided.

domino

Peter Kay left the year I started at secondary school, I was taught by many of the same teachers. Went to the same 6th Form as Oscar winner Danny Boyle, he is a good few years older though.

antigee

remember Jaz Coleman – leadman of Killing Joke retort to usual numpty metalwork teachers sending off “well what are you going to do when you leave school?”
    Jaz “play keyboards in a band”

TimP
    Free Member

Oh and one more – one of my best mates was in a sex education video, so you have probably seen him naked. He was the one being born

coffeeking
    Free Member

Never seen a sex ed video in my life.

noteeth
    Free Member

Edgar Wright, director of Spaced, Hot Fuzz etc, was in the year above me at school.

Whilst everybody else was writing rubbish plays for GCSE drama, he was making films – even back then!

Trimix
    Free Member

Well, I went to school with myself. I was rich once and I am famous on account of a trail being named after me recently.

The trail goes downhill fast – there may be some hidden meaning there.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Phil Greening the rugby player was the year above me at Chosen Hill School. Quite a few rugby players from there went on to play for the cherry+whites (GLOSSSSTERRRRRRRR!)

I was cr@p at rugby 🙁

SSP

IHN

I was cr@p at rugby

You’re not really built for it, are you fella.

Ooh, how could I forget, Sarah Bailey (now Storey) was a couple of years below me, and she won swimming gold at the Barcelona Paralympics and cycling gold at Beijing

jojoA1
    Free Member

The wonderful Charles ‘chatshow’ Kennedy was leaving just as I was starting high school. Fort Willam man takes a drink, shocker!!!

Also at school with the blonde one from the pair who do poofy interiors. Justin Ryan, is it?

And the talented time triallist Jason McIntyre who was sadly killed on a training ride in Jan 08.

Mum went to school with Ian Lavender.

stufield
    Free Member

Adam Woodyatt – Eastenders
    Nasser Hussain – England Cricket Captain
    Quinton Fortune – Man Utd

stufield
    Free Member

Oh and – Omar Sheikh was in the year above me, quite the international terroist now…

pacemaker
    Free Member

My games teacher at Middle school was Sir Ian Mcgeechan the ex scottish international and British Lions coach.

Suprisingly we had the best rugby team in the region and were unbeaten for 3 seasons.

My son is in the same class as Gaynor Faye (off Corrie years ago and dancing on ice) daughter.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Wow – I knew about Ian Brown but not the other Stone Roses. Also, I have it on good authority that Graham Brady MP is a Grade A C0ck

Paul Allott – Former Lancashire and England cricketer
    Graham Brady M.P. – Member of Parliament for Altrincham and Sale West from 1997.
    Ian Brown – Solo artist and former lead singer of the indie rock band The Stone Roses.
    Ronald Gow – dramatist, who returned to the school to teach in the 1920s
    Steve Jackson – Co-founder of Games Workshop and Lionhead
    Ian Livingstone – Executive Chairman of Eidos Interactive, co-founder of Games Workshop and publisher of Tomb Raider and Lara Croft
    John Squire – Former guitarist of the indie rock band The Stone Roses
    James Clark – Drummer for The Stone Roses
    Chris Jones – Former Manchester United fullback.

donald
    Free Member

JoJoA1!

Justin Ryan took me to a gay bar once 🙂

alwyn
    Free Member

One of my mates teachers was on the news for cutting up and hiding his partner. Does that make him famous?

Anna-B
    Free Member

are you still in Halesowen????

Not living there any more lunge, though I go back quite regularly to visit. Do you live there? Keep meaning to take my bike one time, so as I can experience the Walton downhill…

matthewjb
    Free Member

I think I can beat all the above.

A quick search on Wikipedia reveals I went to the same school as :

Blazin’ Squad

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘At school with the rich and famous’ is closed to new replies.