Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • At school with the rich and famous
  • Harry_the_Spider

Did anyone go to school with somebody who has turned out to be a mega star?

I was at 6th form with BBC North West Tonight sports reporter Howard Booth. Yes, Howard Booth.

Beat that.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Beverley Knight was in my year at school.

Pook

Amie Morris, the phone girl from the Wright Stuff.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickc

David Shayler, the sometime spy who now thinks he’s god

Simon

I think a certain northern frame designer went to my school, although he’s a few years older than me.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I taught Sharron Small how to do an eskimo roll at school.

Pauly

Carl Dinnen from C4 news was year above me
    Chris Barrie (Rimmer from Red Dwarf) few years above me
    Stephen Watson, BBC NI Sport presenter was year above me

yamyamblade
    Free Member

Went to school with Kelly Groucutt’s (ELO) son, oh and did schoolboy mx with Jason Bonham (John Bonham’s son)

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Went to school with Rachel Willis- “connie” in the AOL Ad..

Ralph Inseon- “Finchy” in The Office was my Form Tutor.

Oh, and Shed 7, well Rick Winter was in an opposite form.

Harry_the_Spider

mmm… Connie.

Popular beat combo Elbow were also at Stand College, but that was after my time. Clive of India was there too, but he was Clive of Whitefield then.

grumm
    Free Member

Kate Ford – latest Tracy Barlow in Corrie. I could tell you that I saw her giving someone a BJ in the woods between my house and school, but you wouldn’t believe me.

guido

Ben Cohen. rugby player

ronjeremy
    Free Member

you Northampton based guido?

guido

I was, i moved 10 years ago.
    mum and mates still there tho.

miketually
    Free Member

Rod Moir was at Eastbourne school with my mam. He’s Mr vic Reeves now.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Paul Grayson .. England rugby kicker understudy to that famous one with dodgy shoulders (yes big rugby fan me) NOrthhampton coach now? was a sound lad good mates at school bought my BMX off me never seen since
    David Unsworth …footie player Everton, England (once) scored penalty tp keep wigan up bit of a to55er and not obviously brilliant at footie

finbar
    Free Member

Ellen MacArthur went to my school, quite a few years older than me though so i don’t remember seeing her around or anything.

guido

I have worked with/ Uni with, some of the ‘Time Team’ – that count?

nukeproof
    Free Member

Angus Deayton went to mine but not at the same time as me…Not exactly a great boast! He came back and did a kind of Evening with Angus event: quite enjoyed it as I remember.

boxelder

Lad in my year called Julian, whose dad wrote Postman Pat.
    Yes, Julian, like Pat’s son!!
    Like wowzers.

crazy-legs

Famous former pupils at my old school include Jay Kay, Kelvin McKenzie (former editor of The Sun), Jude Law (he was in 6th Form when I started there) and Laurence Llewellyn Bowen. The last one is nothing to be proud of I know…

miketually
    Free Member

The only former pupil at my old school that is now famous, as far as I know, is Zoe Birkett (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoë_Birkett)

Oxboy
    Free Member

Just Anna King from Corrie, I dont know what her name is in that, shes the really attractive brunette one who owns the knicker factory, well she did I dont watch it!
    And unlike the other corrie mention I never saw her giving anyone a bj in the woods.

corroded
    Free Member

Kirstie Allsop was a couple of years above me and Sophie Dahl a couple of years below me. And I never realised.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

BBC news sports bloke Mike Bushell lives in my old house and was in my Sunday football team.

Kiddie at school was on ‘on safari’ with biggins and gillian whatsit. Now thats famous.

jonb
    Free Member

Can’t think of many people who I knew of. Ralf Little, was several years ahead of me. Had a few famous people over time including Sir Ian McKellen and some others who I’ve never heard of but have impressive job titles.

Nigel Wightman Chief Executive, Rothschild Asset Management
    Sir Malcolm Williamson President and CEO, Visa International
    Professor Sir Harry Kroto Nobel Prizewinner for Chemistry

Tracey

Mark Crossley, goal keeper

falkirk_mark
    Free Member

Does seeing photofits on crimewatch count?
    if so then yes

fu_manchu
    Free Member

hang on aphex_2k, you were at Highfields? same as me – finished in 1990 at 16!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

At my first secondary school, former pupils include Hugh Grant, Alan Rickman, Mel Smith, Keith Vaz and Heston Poncenthal. Poncenthal might be the only one of these, that was at the school at the same time as me. Lucky for him, he wooduv been in the upper sixth, ‘cos if he’d been in my year, I probbly wooduv bullied him for being a ponce. I was a bit of a vicious little **** when I was a yute.

At my second; no-one famous, ‘cos it was a shit school.

fu_manchu
    Free Member

so, Rudeboy, were you the sort of kid I was scared of at school 🙂 Not that I’m a ponce mind!

izakimak
    Free Member

Didn’t go to school with anyone famous but i used to work with James from Starsailor, he used to do the washing up in the pub and was extremely shy at the time.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Well, I was small, so bigger kids thought they could bully me. Trouble was, a lot of them were ponces, yet I’d grown up in the East End, and could look after meself a bit. I’d always wait until I got them alone, then proper scare ’em. They’d be proper shitters, when no-one else was around to back them up. Grassing bastards though. I was in trouble quite a lot. I din’t last long in that school.

I weren’t really a bully. I’d just get back at kids who gave it the big-un. Vengeful little ****, me.

brant
    Free Member

I was at 6th form with BBC North West Tonight sports reporter Howard Booth. Yes, Howard Booth.

And the editor of Motorcycle News – Fat Adam wasn’t it?

Christopher Leslie, the youngest ever MP I think, was in my class at my infant school. And of course I was delighted to spend 3yrs of relative debauchery drinking with Harry The Spider at Big School.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Grew up playing football with Rory Delap (Stoke mega throw-in expert) and Matt Jansen (Blackburn & England). I was their captain right up until 16 and they got selected for YTS and i didnt (No talent tbh).

Also went to school with Steve Harkness of Liverpool.

orena45

I was good friends at primary school with Premiership footballer Matthew Etherington.

johnhoo
    Free Member

Mike Tindall england rugby player went to my school.

Of course I finished when he was only 3, but that’s another story

others include:
    Mike Harrison – another rugbyer
    Mike Smith – a cricketer
    Richard Henry Lee – one of the early presidents pro tem of the USA
    Lukas Wooller – Maximo Park
    Andy Cato – Groove Armada
    Adam Pearson – chairman Derby County FC, formerly also of Hull City & Leeds United football clubs

samuri
    Free Member

I went to school, and was friends with, Nick Craig.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Went to school with Stuart Barnes. Not the Bath/England No10 of the late 80s but the lad who played 1st team cricket for Gloucs. You’ve probably never heard of him…

John Hall (played on the flank for Bath/England by coincidence) was a few years ahead of me, as was Curt Smith (half of Tears For Fears – popular beat combo from the early 80s). Andrew Lincoln (actor best known for playing ‘Egg’ in This Life. Or ‘Teachers’) was a few years behind me, as was Jason Gardner (sprinter).

Oh, and I went to Uni with Thom Yorke. But he didn’t know it :O)

loddrik
    Free Member

My mum was a couple of years below john Lennon, I also went to the same school, so did Clive barker and I think ray stubbs did along with quite a few others who I cannot remember now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘At school with the rich and famous’ is closed to new replies.