Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • at centre Parcs on Cotic rocket
  • theendisnigh
    Free Member

Am I over biked? 160mm Devilles. 2.4 rubber Queens. Reverb.

boxfish
    Free Member

Make sure you secure it overnight or you’ll be distinctly under biked by the time you leave!

theendisnigh
    Free Member

Is it bad for theft? I’ll put it in the cleaning cupboard. Cheers.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

With that list of components are you sure you’re not at Peaslake/Leith Hill?

Bazz

it’s not that bad, but i certainley wouldn’t leave anything of much value lying around, and besides there’s nothing within the parc itself that warrants more than a rigid single speed anyway, so that’s what i always opt for.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

I normally bring my pub bike, but the rocket was in the boot of the car already and I couldn’t be arsed to swap them. I thought Id post on here to throw a bone to the haters. 🙂

Murray

For peace of mind I hire their bikes. I was glad of that when one was knicked – Centreparcs just gave us another one.

johnj2000
    Free Member

I would disassemble it each night and hide the components in different places around the tin shack. Also when riding it put that stuff on it that car manufacturers use to disguise new cars when testing.

fasthaggis

If you google ‘What to ride at Centre parcs’ ,ignore all the Mumsnet links .

wobbliscott
    Free Member

What’s the point? You’ll be leaving without it. I just rent their shopper bikes.

acehtn
    Free Member

So from reading this.

Center Parcs, bit rough then 🙂

maxtorque

I recently did a 45mile XC “race” event on my 160mm alps bike, with super gravity hans dampfs and chain device! (i wanted to shake the bike down before my trip)

Actually a lot of fun, super comfy on the bridleway “horseruts” and on the only slight gnarr bit (a 30 foot slope then 3 foot drop across a stream) i just “sent it” across whilst everyone else got off and walked.

(overbiked? nah, never 😉

nosedive
    Free Member

sherwood? im here too. with my trusty p7

tomhoward

Over biked? Nope. Under trailed.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

CP is not rough but bikes do get nicked. Last year there was a spate of crime in CP, primarily bike thefts and it even hit the national press. We got a letter from them before we went warning us to be vigilant and saying they were doing all they could to deal with it. I’m sure it’s sorted now, but places like that are a Mecca for bike thrives – lots of bikes, left unattended for hours on end, often in secluded spots. I’m sure you’ll be fine if you take precautions, but given there is no decent riding to be had, is it really worth the bother or risk.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

Yes Sherwood. I’m surprised this place gets targeted for bike crime as 99.63% of the bikes are low value..

singlecrack
    Free Member

Not if you are in longleat centre parc’s

Duffer
    Free Member

The actual Sherwood Pines trail is a good laugh. Doesn’t really require 160mm FS, but it’s good for a quick blast.

The thing to remember about CP is exactly what Wobbliscott said; loads of unattended bikes in secluded places. It’s an incubator for bike theft. Be sensible about it, and you’ll be fine.

fubar
    Free Member

I’m surprised this place gets targeted for bike crime

I’ve seen plenty of nice bikes there. Last time I went there was a leaflet in each ‘villa’ warning specifically of bike thefts. There are lots of vans entering and leaving the site that could hide stolen bikes easily. I’ve kept mine and my kids bike inside overnight.

gwaelod
    Free Member

If you google ‘What to ride at Centre parcs’ ,ignore all the Mumsnet links .

I remember that….

toby1

Overbiked? I once went to centre parts and was asked to get off the man placed sturdy rock by the man made lake because of health and safety, to be fair there was an 18″ drop to the sand below, could have been terminal for me really! Weirdly, I’ve not been back since.

wwaswas

I always put my bike in the boiler room and chained it around the central heating and gas pipes.

brooess
    Free Member

any bike thieves on this site now know there’s a P7 and a Cotic Rocket at Sherwood Pines to go hunting for 😯

robnav
    Free Member

i often go to cp, the best one i would say for riding is longleat as it has a bit of climbing here and there but its mainly all on tarmac. i think they have a bit of a track as you drive in i noticed when i went a few weeks back but it rained pretty much non stop so i didnt even check it out. it has the potential there to build some pretty good stuff but the health and safety killjoys wouldnt allow it im sure. i normally take an old skool singlespeed or something similar to make it a bit more fun. i took my old skool sunn radical dh bike from 1998 when i went to elvedon last year as i had to loan my other bikes to my daughters but it was quite fun to cruise around on it as i rarely ride it these days. would of been gutted if it got stolen though i must admit but i`ve never seen any sign of any theft problems there. i normally take them inside of an evening or stick some decent locks on them rather than the free cable locks cp give out!

nosedive
    Free Member

my p7 is 10 years old. im drunk and ready for a battle. bring it on

gwaelod
    Free Member

any bike thieves on this site now know there’s a P7 and a Cotic Rocket at Sherwood Pines to go hunting for

and confused mumsnetters are searching Anne Summers catalogues for Cotic Rockets and P7

tomj
    Free Member

In the Sherwood lodges (I guess the others are similar) the boiler cupboard is huge, can easily get 2 or 3 bikes inside. At Whinlatter a friend locked her cheap hardtail securely to the bikerack outside and in the morning the bike was still there but it had been stripped of components. We now always bring them inside.

You can get to the Sherwood Pines red trail easily from the main entrance to the Parc, and whilst its never going to be Glentress or Coed Y Brenin it was a fun way to spend an afternoon. You will still be a tad over biked though….

gravity-slave
    Free Member

sherwood? im here too.

Did you go because of the facilities or have you been reading Mumsnet? 😉

nosedive
    Free Member

searches mumsnet…

benji
    Free Member

Had a rip round there today on the red route with my cross bike, had to chuckle at the full suspension bikes on display complete with full face helmet heroes. It’s a good fun place, but as said above, don’t leave it unattended, there was a couple of bikes stolen the other week from outside the cafe, but they were left unattended so not really surprising.

ste_t
    Free Member

The red isn’t really a red though is it. Contemplating taking my recently acquired £30 old rigid commuter with semi slicks just to make it slightly interesting.

nosedive
    Free Member

rode the kitchener trail today. surprisingly good. hardtail was ideal

wobbliscott
    Free Member

To be honest I enjoy joining around with the kids on one of their rental bikes. And so great just to be able to leave it locked up via a flimsy cable lock round the front wheels and not even care if it got nicked or not. If I took a decent bike with me I’d have to lug around umpteen heavy duty locks around, spend time looking for something sturdy enough to lock it to and spend 10 mins locking all the removable parts to each other and the bike to something, and still worrying if it would be there when I got back or if some eejit with a set of Allen keys had pinched any parts off it.

dibboid
    Free Member

Did you go because of the facilities or have you been reading Mumsnet?

my Mrs has been on mumsnet for years and the second I mentioned center parcs she mentioned the obvious association but apparently only on a Friday that happens. Lol

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘at centre Parcs on Cotic rocket’ is closed to new replies.