Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Astrology on the NHS
  • rusty90
    Free Member

Astrology could help take pressure off NHS doctors, claims Conservative MP
    “People who oppose what I say are usually bullies who have never studied astrology … they are deeply prejudiced, and racially prejudiced, which is troubling.”

wwaswas

I do hope his constituents decide that ‘anyone but this idiot’ is the best way to cast their votes.

bowglie

What wwaswas said!

ninfan
    Free Member

I thought the key phrase missing from the headline was the ‘along with complementary medicine’

wwaswas

‘along with complementary medicine’

does that mean not having to pay for the prescription?

D0NK

Opposition to astrology is driven by “superstition, ignorance and prejudice”

ironing?

I thought the key phrase missing from the headline was the ‘along with complementary medicine’

In this context doesn’t that usually mean alternative medicine ie not actual medicine

martinhutch

He’s been spouting this kind of shite for years. The voters of Bosworth obviously don’t give a monkey’s about it.

“90% of pregnant French women use astrology.”

Genius

DrP

In all honesty, I saw this coming years ago (when mercury was in alignment with youranus..)

DrP

wanmankylung
    Free Member

does that mean not having to pay for the prescription?

You mean some people in less enlightened parts of this great island have to pay for their prescriptions?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

god save the king

Get ready.

richmtb

The key to dealing with the crystal botherers is to take them at their word and test their views on them. So when matey boy turns up and A and E with a broken leg instead using modern painkillers offer to cleanse his aura instead. If there is infection then rather than offer anti-biotics give him Homeopathic Arnica (obviously in its more potent 60C concentration)

But then as a Taurus I would say that

Cougar

Ah, Tredinnick. Weapons-grade nonsense-pedlar.

avdave2

It’s really pretty bloody stupid to suggest doctors should use astrology, doesn’t he know they all now employ a far more powerful diagnostic tool called Google.

noteeth
    Free Member

when mercury was in alignment with youranus

The old rectal thermometer – always useful.

As to the dimtard subject of the OP: this remains the best take on utter wibble.

DrP

Glad you got it 🙂

DrP

DezB
    Free Member

they all now employ a far more powerful diagnostic tool called Google.#

Ah, you laugh, but I asked my GP why he put what he put on the form as my reason for absence, he said because that’s what came up on the computer…

aracer
    Free Member

It’s not really surprising him coming out with stuff like this, given how Aquarians are typically quirky and unconventional.

crankboy
    Free Member

There’s an e-petition to remove him from health and science committees here http://t.co/rYhJQ25EdO

TheFlyingOx

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGIbOGu8q0[/video]
    Sagittarius: Brace yourself for a surprise, things are about to change for you.

Clover

Oh FFS.
    Signed that.

avdave2

My Doctor who I rate quite highly has actually turned his monitor to me and googled said issue as i watch. I reckon any GP with the confidence to actually show you what they are doing is probably ok.

aracer
    Free Member

As a software engineer, I find it quite frightening that the first thing a trained professional does when faced with a problem is to google it.

grum
    Free Member

Where on earth does he get the racially prejudiced bit from? Is he suggesting astrologists are a race?!

How hilarious that a white astrologist Tory MP is ‘playing the race card’.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

My Doctor who I rate quite highly has actually turned his monitor to me and googled said issue as i watch. I reckon any GP with the confidence to actually show you what they are doing is probably ok.

The human brain has a finite capacity for remembering endless crap, I’d rather doctors relied on google as opposed to fallible memory.

GrahamS

Ah David Tredinnick. That’ll be the same guy who claimed Homeopathy could cure autism then?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/mp-claims-homeopathy-can-cure-autism

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Well that’s ukip winning his seat then.

rusty90
    Free Member

As a software engineer, I find it quite frightening that the first thing a trained professional does when faced with a problem is to google it.

We actively encourage our devs to use google. No point re-inventing the wheel when Google can find you the answer on Stackoverflow in seconds. Laziness is a virtue in programmers (cf. Larry Wall)

CountZero

“People who oppose what I say are usually bullies who have never studied astrology … they are deeply prejudiced, and racially prejudiced, which is troubling.”

What the actual f***? 🙄
    Jackass.

RobHilton
    Free Member

racially prejudiced

He is a stupid white man :mrgreen:

Edit: Not intentionally sexist

bruceonabike
    Free Member

so according to Tredinnick Coxy is “Ignorant”, perhaps he should sue.
    Perhaps he won’t

rusty90
    Free Member

At least we now know who Lembit Opik passed the title of ‘Resident House of Commons Looney’ to. But at least he had the Cheeky Girls (allegedly).

aracer
    Free Member

I assumed it was such a standard thing that most people on here (we do all work in IT don’t we?) wouldn’t need a smiley 😳

rusty90
    Free Member

My bad aracer (as I believe the young people say these days). 😥

grum
    Free Member

I assumed it was such a standard thing that most people on here (we do all work in IT don’t we?) wouldn’t need a smiley

I don’t work in IT but I got it (after a sec) 🙂

Northwind

crankboy – Member

There’s an e-petition to remove him from health and science committees here

Pff, that’s treating the symptom not the cure if ever I saw it- we need to fix it so that unqualified nutcases don’t get on this sort of committee in the first place.

Junkyard
    Free Member

The human brain has a finite capacity for remembering endless crap, I’d rather doctors relied on google as opposed to fallible memory.

Thank god everything on the internet is true….goes off to google how to cure cancer.

T666DOM

I’d like to see the pond life this bat shit mentalist beat to win his seat. How terrible must they have been. More worryingly are the fools who actually voted for this oxygen thief

aracer
    Free Member

I’m not signing that. Completely removing him from the committee will only make his influence on it even stronger.

Junkyard
    Free Member

APPLAUDS

Cougar

I’ve just put a hat on so that I can take it off to you.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Astrology on the NHS’ is closed to new replies.