Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Assault?
  • Yak

OP – report them. They may be known to the police anyway.
    nickc – if it was totally hidden then it may be the original thieves coming back to get it after leaving it for a bit. So yeah, report it as they may also be known.

nickc

I’ve reported it on line…Duty done, thanks guys

Marin
    Free Member

Find a bunch of builders tomorrow and shout Brexit was a mistake and you will decipher this particular conundrum.

Unless it’s my little gang who are all remainers but hey we love casual stereotyping.

Report to Police I’d say.

Cougar

Just because you don’t know who owns it doesn’t necessarily mean that the police don’t. It could’ve been reported as stolen ages ago.

-m-
    Free Member

Right thing to do. Best case you get some direct feedback. Worst case it gets logged somewhere and maybe helps to build a picture over time. If it was completely out-of-character and the driver suffers terrible remorse and never does it again then it just disappears without trace and no-one needs to worry.

I reported someone last year after a driver clippied me with their wing mirror whilst I was running along a country road… and then turned around in the next village, raced back, screeched to a hault in front of me and was vaguely threatening through his open window – whilst filming me on his phone. If he hadn’t bothered coming back I wouldn’t have had the details of his number plate, but as he’d so obligingly made the effort I duly filled in an on-line form from Thames Valley Police. They followed up with me by email to clarify some details, then a couple of weeks later someone took the trouble to call me – after they’d been round to visit the driver. Apparently the driver offered a different version of events (who knows what he claimed), but the guy who called me said that he “knew which version (he) believed” and that it was the right thing to do to report it. The Police even provided the driver’s address – presumably in case I wanted to send him a Christmas card.

ugarizza
    Free Member

I’d say report it too.
    Out of interest, is it 101 we should call for this kind of thing?

boblo
    Free Member

On the lunch thing up there^ We were out riding in obvious cycling gear and the biddies decided to put us right whilst we were stopped. As Clive Anderson famously said; Les Tosseurs…

The question about lead up and the drivers reaction has had me thinking.

We first saw him at a T junction (C Road onto C Road so low speed), we were joining from the tail of the T turning right. He was ~200m away on the left. There was a red car coming from the right turning left into ‘our’ tail, again over 200m away and indicating. What I think happened was he obviously caught us up after our turn but couldn’t overtake because of the red car slowing to turn in ‘his’ overtaking space (though there’s not much of that on a C road). So as he was in a 2T SUV, he decided to give us a lesson in road manners though I don’t think we did anything wrong save being ‘there’.

Does that make sense?

From my Garmin I have precise incident details so still thinking about the wisdom of reporting. There have been cases of the reporter being threatened with action by the Police for swearing etc and I’m obviously keen to avoid that additional aggro…

JasonDS

Report it.

A gentleman from my village ran my boy off the road just recently after giving him aggro out of his car window. Trip to local hospital for the boy and he’s OK. All witnessed by a kind neighbour who provided pics of the vehicle.

I found out who the driver is and they denied it, via their partner 🙂

Reported yesterday and followed up via email to me today by TVP.

There are some loonies on the road 🙁

IdleJon

What I think happened was he obviously caught us up after our turn but couldn’t overtake because of the red car slowing to turn in ‘his’ overtaking space (though there’s not much of that on a C road)

I had similar earlier this year with an airport transfer van (A C Jenkins for Swansea locals) who called me an abusive name as he passed. Sadly, I rode right past his office 3 minutes later and had the time to pop in.. 😀

-m-
    Free Member

Out of interest, is it 101 we should call for this kind of thing?

I think most Police forces have on-line forms where you can make reports (TVP is split into “road traffic incident” or “crime”). It seems to make most sense to fill in the report on-line – probably easier than trying to give information to someone over the phone.

bsims
    Free Member

@ugarizza – If he is there and continues to be aggressive them 999. If he has gone it is no longer an emergency so 101.

Defiantly police, if he keeps doing it and people report then a pattern emerges. So they will be more likely to be able to take action in future.

Caher

Find a bunch of builders tomorrow and shout Brexit was a mistake and you will decipher this particular conundrum.

Unless it’s my little gang who are all remainers but hey we love casual stereotyping.

yes, if it was my gang there is not a remainer among them. I would not count that as casual stereotyping.

thegreatape
    Free Member

EDIT – Irrelevant

Marin
    Free Member

yes, if it was my gang there is not a remainer among them. I would not count that as casual stereotyping

50% of people surveyed said Brexit it’s a unanimous result.

nickc

Just because you don’t know who owns it doesn’t necessarily mean that the police don’t.

Well, knock me down with a feather, GMP called! went through it with them and they’re not going to do anything, but as the woman on the phone said, reports of crime builds a picture locally, and it all washes out in the funding allocated to “prevent crime” initiatives. Best i could hope for I guess.

danposs86

So, did the OP report the assault yet?

boblo
    Free Member

So, did the OP report the assault yet?

Well I tried today. The winkywanky local Police webform asks for a postcode – for a road junction in the middle of nowhere then won’t progress to the next stage of the report process when clicking ‘next’. Utter shite.

I’ll have another go in case it’s User error but I fear it’s a case of website dogshititus…

slowol

Well done OP and yes even if they don’t or can’t nail your attacker (and that is an attack) they know there is a problem and unsolved crime which their stats will note.

As for swearing at someone who’s just tried to kill you with a couple of tonnes of metal adrenaline does that. I got knocked off (classic Smidsy job) a few years ago and swore profusely at the driver after sliding across the road towards a bus. I did apologise once I’d had a couple of minutes and she was apologetic and shocked too. Fortunately she was honest and sent me a cheque by return of post when I sent a bill for wheel rebuild and new leggings.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Assault?’ is closed to new replies.