Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 135 total)
  • Assange
  • dooosuk
    Free Member

When and how is it going to end?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Never
    Stalemate

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

his arrest and deportation
    No idea, as soon as possible

welshfarmer

ninfan
    Free Member

Pfft! Who gives a toss about Ecuador?

I say we go in and get him!

project
    Free Member

cost 14 million tax payers quids so far, while pensioners are afraid to go out at night, pathetic waste of cash

nickc

what for?

Swedish and UK govts acting like tinpot dictatorships.

cranberry
    Free Member

He is on the telly now, showing off the fact he really does deserve a hoof in the slats.

Calling his current state a “detention” is laughable. If he wants to end it, then he can open the door and walk out.

vinnyeh

This fascinates me.
    I’ve never been to the Ecuadorean embassy, but is there a bobby or two permanently stationed outside comparing every departing person to a “Wanted” picture they’re holding?
    It does surprise me that there’s been no attempt to smuggle him out in a diplomatic bag/the rubbish/by the back door etc.

cranberry
    Free Member

You couldn’t make it up – he has just asked that someone flapping their gums in the background be made to shut up because he didn’t agree with Assange.

What sort of fool thinks he is some sort of hero?

ninfan
    Free Member

what for?

Bail act offences

bikebouy
    Free Member

Laughable due to the cost and the plain fact he’s been there for years now.

I expect he’ll end his days there, well not quite.. see once he starts needing care they’ll hoof him out.

Speshpaul

Are the Yanks going to F him over given a chance-Yes
    Are the Charges against him in Sweden a bit dodgy and just an excuse to deport him-Yes
    But did he go out of his way to spike the Yanks-Oh yes.

I have some sympathy for him. (although there is some question as to whether his actions cost lives.)

However, he walked in to this mess and the Ecuadorian embassy.
    He can walk out of the embassy any time he likes.

Compensation- say £10m leave the cheque for him at the front desk of Scotland Yard

CountZero

You couldn’t make it up – he has just asked that someone flapping their gums in the background be made to shut up because he didn’t agree with Assange.

What sort of fool thinks he is some sort of hero?
    Well clearly nickc does…

what for?

For wanting to interview him on the grounds that he’s been accused of serious sexual assault?
    Presumably, if it was a female relative of yours, you’d be perfectly happy for the jackass responsible to have it away on his toes, then thumb his nose at you and your family from his self-imposed ‘confinement’.
    Deary, Deary me… 🙄

Harry_the_Spider

When and how is it going to end?

As soon as he steps outside. Sniper

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

He’s a fugitive from justice. Guess your happy thst he avoids the law because of his celebrity status? Oh hang on, wasn’t that Jimmiy Savile or Cyril Smith?

Edukator
    Free Member

I greatly admire Edward Snowden and Assange. The way they have been treated is comparable with the way Putin deals with people who reveal embarrassing facts about his régime.

Read Wikileaks from time to time, with a pinch of salt if you wish, if you find yourself finding stuff hard to believe then remind yourself that much stranger and more malicious has been proven to be true.

Tony Blair is still free despite killing thousands on the basis of lies. Snowden and Assange are guilty of telling the truth.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

What’s that got to do with a warrant for his extradition to Sweden to face charges of rape? Your suggesting he should be exempt from the rule of law? I don’t see Sweden as the oppressive regime likely to issue a warrant for someone’s arrest without justification. Or am I missing the conspiracy theory here …..

P-Jay
    Free Member

Pawsy_Bear – Member

He’s a fugitive from justice. Guess your happy thst he avoids the law because of his celebrity status? Oh hang on, wasn’t that Jimmiy Savile or Cyril Smith?

Good work linking a completely unrelated person to a paedophile for maximum outrage points and then claiming someone is “happy” about it. Do you write for the Daily Mail?

It doesn’t matter, he is in a foreign embassy, he is for all intents and purposes on Ecuadorian soil. We don’t go charging into foreign embassies because it’s a pain, we don’t do it because it would be a huge mistake – if we don’t observe those diplomatic agreements, when why should another foreign state observe ours? The whole system falls down; wars have escalated from less.

How will it end? Well, frankly the Guy is a bit of a dick, so not quietly – The Met has long removed the massive cordon around the embassy – I think off the record the Met and the Government would be happy if he ‘escaped’ the embassy and sodded of to Ecuador, but IMO he loves the attention to much and it’s a bit too close to the US for his liking, rather live in a pretty agreeable apartment in the back of the embassy with a garden and anything he liked brought into him, it’s better than prison of course. I don’t think the US will allow the UK to agree with the EU and simply call off the Manhunt as much as we’d like to, nor will Sweden drop the case – so either the EU will force us to drop it or he’ll sit on his arse for another 4 years until the statue is up on the last charge in Sweden – but he’s never going to be left alone by the US.

allthegear
    Free Member

It might look like I’m sat in my living room eating a pork pie but really I’m being arbitrarily detained.
    I demand compensation!

https://t.co/CfWy6XNrP2

Rachel

nickc

For wanting to interview him on the grounds that he’s been accused of serious sexual assault?

Go..as a certain tin foil hat wearer of this parish is fond of saying…do your own research, on the “crime” he’s been accused of.

Junkyard
    Free Member

INdeed and all the swedes need to do is swear they will not allow the US to get their hands on him whilst they charge him with the [trumped up] charge. Its little more than an attempt at visible external rendition to the US.
    If he were not who he was and he had not been wikileaks none of this would be happening

Calling his current state a “detention” is laughable. If he wants to end it, then he can open the door and walk out.

where he will subsequently be arrested so he is detained in the embassy unable to leave. Its not hard, even for a lawyer, to work this out.

He is not free to leave therefore he is detained there.

leffeboy

INdeed and all the swedes need to do is swear they will not allow the US to get their hands on him whilst they charge him with the [trumped up] charge. Its little more than an attempt at visible external rendition to the US.

that x 1000

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I was suggesting that those that support him were ignoring the legal requirement for his lawful extradition. Asange is just trying to avoid a lawful arrest by linking his celebrity notoriety to avoid justice much like other notable did successfully.

It wasn’t about them being a pedophile it was about avoiding arrest because you have some sort of status that makes you a special case.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I think from the evidence Sweeden has a legal case for him to answer. Otherwise the warrant wouldn’t be valid etc etc. Fact. Anything else is just online speculation or relying on conspiracy theory.

MoreCashThanDash

The charges against him seem convenient, but if the authorities in Sweden think he needs to answer what are allegations of a serious offence, then the moment he has the balls to step outside the embassy we should stick him on a plane and get rid of him.

He’s happy to let other people risk their liberty and freedom for wikileaks, he should have the balls to do likewise. This has cost us a fortune.

slowster
    Free Member

INdeed and all the swedes need to do is swear they will not allow the US to get their hands on him whilst they charge him with the [trumped up] charge.

Who are the Swedes in question to whom you refer? The Swedish government? I suspect that they may not be able to give such a guarantee, because they cannot interfere in the workings of an independent Swedish judiciary.

where he will subsequently be arrested so he is detained in the embassy unable to leave. Its not hard, even for a lawyer, to work this out.

He is not free to leave therefore he is detained there.

The validity of that argument stands or falls on the validity of the legal process to extradite him to Sweden and the lawfulness of the arrest warrant. Unless the legal process to extradite him is fundementally flawed, then to argue that he is “detained” because he is evading arrest by hiding in the Ecuadorian embassy is specious.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Id agre with MCTD. The women and Assange should have their day in court. I do note that he left Sweden when they informed his lawyers that they were charging him with the sex assaults. He had applied to work in Sweeden. He could have stayed there and faced the charges and if innocent have cleared his name by now.

franksinatra

I greatly admire Edward Snowden and Assange. The way they have been treated is comparable with the way Putin deals with people who reveal embarrassing facts about his régime.

Are you for real? Assange is safe in knightsbridge. As far as I am aware he hasn’t yet been murdered by poisoning or had a terrible, unexplained accident.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

His case was heard in the UK Supreme Court. It agreed he should be extradited. Seems pretty solid evidence. Unless the UK and Sweedish governments and their judiciary’s are part of the international conspiracy. He was free to walk about the UK in the two years his case took. He walked into the embassy once his appeal had failed.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Why do you hate him so much Pawsy?

Pawsy_Bear – Member
    I think from the evidence Sweeden has a legal case for him to answer. Otherwise the warrant wouldn’t be valid etc etc. Fact. Anything else is just online speculation or relying on conspiracy theory.

This statement is naive in the extreme.

bol

Assanhat more like. For someone who should arguably have the gratitude of many, he makes himself very easy to hate. I very much hope it ends with him facing the charges very publicly in a Swedish court. Then we can see if they’re trumped up or not. I hope he gets justice either way.

LHS
    Free Member

A kilo of strong stilton, that is how it will end.

I always sleep walk after eating blue cheese so he must too, so send it as a peace offering and then wait outside at 1:30am as he sleepwalks out in his PJs.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I don’t. I think a number of women in Sweeden have made an allegation and the due process of the law requires that we extradit him.his case has been heard in our Supreme Court. Thus I think it’s valid. Can’t see what’s wrong? Those are facts?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

He was in Sweeden when he was informed of the charges but left that day. Sweeden applied for his extradition. Assange appealed all the way to the Supreme Court. He jumped bail and walked into the embassy. In a nutshell I think that’s the sequence of events.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yes, there’s nothing else to it!

Simple!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

please enlighten us as to the real case then? It’s all an American plot? Conspiracy?

You have provided no alternative evidence?

LHS
    Free Member

He was on the grassy knoll didn’t you know.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Of course, US have no influence behind the scenes.

Facts are all that matter.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I was suggesting that those that support him were ignoring the legal requirement for his lawful extradition. Asange is just trying to avoid a lawful arrest by linking his celebrity notoriety to avoid justice much like other notable did successfully.

Possibly but until we have a binding declaration from sweden or the US that they wont try to extradite him whilst there this view will remain as speculative as the alternative.

Given their history many feel his fear is real and the only people who can remove this so he sees justice are the americans or the swedes.

I suspect that they may not be able to give such a guarantee, because they cannot interfere in the workings of an independent Swedish judiciary.

So you agree the concern is real then?

As for the specious argument i suggest you take that up with the UN who presumably were given and rejected such an argument.

Whilst i can see why some think as they do its naive to not think there is not the possibility of politically motivated actions against him and the only people who can break this impasse are the americans or the swedes – who could have easily interviewed him without him being in their country

Until such time as this arises I think he deserves the benefit of the dount – in terms of his reasons for avoiding the extradition.

He should face the charges as required but he should also be able to do so free from the threat of extradition to a country where many politicians have called for his death..IIRC some suggested the australian citizen be tried with treason.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘Assange’ is closed to new replies.