Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 107 total)
  • Ass Savers thanks to rOcKeTdOg
  • brakes
    Free Member

I hate products like this.
    Not because they’re not great, but because I wish I’d invented it and taken it to market.
    One day, one day.

mattjg
    Free Member

Yeah these are both face-palm “why didn’t I think of that” products. I thought the same of Crud Catcher in its day, these guys trump Crud I think.

mralexbenn
    Free Member

I have the old style i beam which has got almost rails on so just see

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I’ve just had an email from Ass Savers ref this thread saying.

“Thanks to you and Singletrack, I’m now swamped with work!”

So, from me it’s a big thanks to you STWers who have supported the little inventers into the industry that we all love.

It’s a shame they are so cheap as there is no commission on cheap stuff like this.

zippykona

Can we have a picture of someone’s back after a muddy ride please.

fathomer

I’ve just ordered a couple before he puts the price up!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

zippykona – Member
    Can we have a picture of someone’s back after a muddy ride please.

Rocketdog over to you

asssavers
    Free Member

Hi,
    Just wanted to express my gratitude over the feedback and the orders that has been generated from this thread in the last couple of days.
    For us as a small emerging company, this gives us the energy to continue to develop more no-nonsense products for fellow bikers of all kinds.
    At the moment we are working hard just to establish ourselves on the market but we have many ideas lined up for product development in the future. And trust me, I read every single comment on these pages so your opinions and suggestions will be noted!

Keep ’em rolling!
    /Staffan

DT78
    Free Member

I,d actually just picked on of these up from xcracer last week, used it for the last 3 days on my nomad round cwmcarn and afan. Despite my expectations it stayed put. Kept worst of the mud off my shorts. Also another benefit is it is flexible so when you need to get off the back of the bike it just folds out of the way. Great product.

Its a shame it won’t work with my other bike that’s an ibeam

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Also another benefit is it is flexible so when you need to get off the back of the bike it just folds out of the way. Great product

Seconded, it worked great around Dalbeatie on Friday tucking out of the way easily for a couple of techie play areas then poping out straight afterwards.

Shame it was so dry (not really) as it never really got tested and stayed in the car for Kiroughtree and Ae

jimification
    Free Member

Asssavers / Staffan: I got one of the “FU” savers. (perfectly fine manufacture but with printing bodged) I commend you for stickering them up as “F*** ups” and not throwing the lot into landfill. Wish more companies would think like this.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I bought one of these to protect me as one of my rides passes close to a local dogging spot. Can I have my money back please?

asssavers
    Free Member

@GiantJaunt
    Hahaha, please post a picture here of your dog related predicament and I will gladly refund your purchase! 🙂

@everyone
    I would be really interested in hearing more feedback from you mountainbikers since we haven’t tested it in really muddy conditions ourselves. Positive or negative, bring it on!

/Staffan – First Ass Saved

andyl
    Free Member

@Staffan: in case you got the wrong end of the stick: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dogging

Love the product and the ethos. Saw someone carrying one round at the Bespoked Bristol bike show but couldn’t see where they got it from.

I do like the mucknutz idea of the front bit that folds down and also clips to the rails as it looks like it protects the seat rail clamp area from crap but the Ass Saver is longer and the original as far as I am aware so I would rather go for that one as credit where credit is due. I do have a muky nutz for the front though and I think these little plastic no-frills mud guards are the perfect solution. Barely any weight, not a big deal if it breaks or you lose it and completely recyclable.

A seat tube mounted cover for a front derailleur would be a good idea too. Have an idea…

JohnClimber
    Free Member

From a personal view and not ridden mine in real mud as yet, but with 29er wheels a longer version should be made, even if it doesn’t fold up under the seat when not in use would be good.

Staffan Reference @GiantJaunt and Dogging. Dogging hasn’t anything to do with K9’s over here I think he was being quite rude, maybe Google it ref the UK 😉

monkeyboyjc

any one know the delivery time?
    ordered mine a couple weeks back, not arrived yet..

rOcKeTdOg

4 days for mine

JohnClimber
    Free Member

5 working days for mine.

Ask/email Staffan

alexpalacefan

Andy L +1

“A seat tube mounted cover for a front derailleur would be a good idea too” Bloody genius

APF

asssavers
    Free Member

Ahh, I’ve never heard of the term dogging before! My innocent mind went to think that he drove through some dogshit that the Ass Saver didn’t manage to save him from. Another day, another lesson…

Regarding delayed deliveries: Normally we manage to ship to anywhere in the world within 14 days but recently we’ve had a problem with our supplier that managed to “misplace” a pallet of white material. So if you’ve ordered a white SmartAss in the last couple of weeks thats why its late. The good news is that I’ll be picking them up tomorrow for urgent delivery. Hopefully every delayed order should be delivered by the end of this week.

About a longer version: We’ve made tests with a longer version but then the fit becomes very crucial for the fender to maintain its shape all the way to the tip. If it doesn’t get the right squeeze, the fender will droop. But maybe we can solve it somehow…

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Hahaha, please post a picture here of your dog related predicament and I will gladly refund your purchase!

I’m hoping no pictures were taken.

monkeyboyjc

5 working days for mine.

Ask/email Staffan

have done – he emailed back in 5mins – apparently there been a delay on a pallet of white PP. will just have to wait a little longer…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

For us as a small emerging company, this gives us the energy to continue to develop more no-nonsense products for fellow bikers of all kinds.
    At the moment we are working hard just to establish ourselves on the market but we have many ideas lined up for product development in the future. And trust me, I read every single comment on these pages so your opinions and suggestions will be noted!

trouble is, with your domain name, any ideas that don’t involve saving your ass will have to be rejected 🙁

asssavers
    Free Member

@Turnerguy
    I’m sure they will all be ass savers, but maybe in a wider sense. Kind of like the expression itself! 🙂

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Thanks Staffan, your package turned up today with the ass savers for my charity ride prize pot for the winner who choses my winning time.

http://www.justgiving.com/johnclimber

The ones I bought of my Brooks saddle fit perfect, here are the shots.

Normal on the left Brooks on the right.

Cheers Staffan

bagpuss
    Free Member

Genius, just ordered 2. Longer version for a 29er would be appreciated.

jam-bo

Mine turned up today. Left them on my desk at work. Could have done with one tonight….

monkeyboyjc

just had an email to say mines been dispatched 😀 – could have done with it last night though.. 😕

rOcKeTdOg

mine came in very handy at Hopton woods yesterday, everything else was brown apart from my ass saver clean stripe 😛

ski
    Free Member

Agree with being a tad longer for a 29er, it did spray my lower back still, but bum was muck free 😉

Neat product mind.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    mine came in very handy at Hopton woods yesterday, everything else was brown apart from my ass saver clean stripe

It kept my crack nice and dry on a very wet and muddy Delemere ride last night as well. Top job

asssavers
    Free Member

@Turnerguy
    Thanks for the tip! We’ll be approaching these companies in the near future with an offer they can’t resist.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

and what about protective shorts, like 661s:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=72486

organic355
    Free Member

Sorry to resurrect after a week. Any more pics of these on bikes?

Am gonna get one but on my commuter my rear seatpost mounted light is still going to take a beating. Cant really think of a solution to prevent this? (apart from full guards).

gee
    Free Member

Doesn’t it get in the way when you are off the back of the saddle? Down steep bits I am almost sat on the tyre and I can’t see how this wouldn’t catch on shorts?

thepodge
    Free Member

It’s flexible, it bends out of the way.

alpin
    Free Member

A seat tube mounted cover for a front derailleur would be a good idea too.

i’ve got one…. Shimano Mudflap.

(click on “show image” and zoom in)

works a treat. fit and forget. you should be able to order it from your LBS for a few quid.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

alpine your clicky doesn’t work (for me anyway)

alpin
    Free Member

right click and select “show image” and then you can zoom in.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Ass Savers thanks to rOcKeTdOg’ is closed to new replies.