Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • asr5 -. anyone over 6ft ride a medium?
  • rock
    Free Member

Hi

Just looking at sizing of these. I’m 6ft 1, ride a large anthem x and find it slightly long in the top tube. It’s midway between the medium and large asr5 in top tube length. Most of the posts on here suggest those over 6ft go for the large. Any exceptions?

chojin
    Free Member

Large for you, sir.

I’m 6ft and a large with a 70mm stem fits like a glove

Mintman
    Free Member

I’m 6ft and used to have a medium Giant Trance which was a bit small, great for jumping around but bit short in the old top-tube department to be really comfortable.

Changed to a large Pace 405 which was a far better size.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

I’m 5’10 and having ridden chojins I’d agree with that!

mudmonkey22
    Free Member

I’m 6ft 1 and ride a Medium On One and a Medium Trek. I also find that the 17″ Orange P7 fits me better than the larger version. I also use quite a short stem – 70 on the On One and 90 on the Trek…I think my body is short and legs are long…lol

rock
    Free Member

cheers guys. I’m assuming the asr5 and asr5c are the same geometry?

chojin
    Free Member

Yessum. Bear in mind that yeti sizing is all over the show, but the asr5 comes up quite small (as opposed to the 575 which comes up massive!)

Kryton57

I’m 5’11 and a half, and ride a medium, but am on the border of both sizes. I’m a bit biased towards the medium as I found a cracking ex demo bike only available in medium.

However, I ride narrow twisty woody singletrack most of the time, so a medium suits me better than a large. It was test riding it locally on that same singletrack that made my mind up.

richmars

I’m just a tiny bit under 6ft and ride a medium Anthem, but I’m the last person to ask about sizing, as my legs are too long and my arms are too short, plus so long as I can reach everything, that’s fine for me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘asr5 -. anyone over 6ft ride a medium?’ is closed to new replies.