Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ashton Court/Leigh Woods parking on a Sunday morning
  • zerocool

Where’s the best place to park these days for a bimble around Ashton Court or Leigh Woods family trail?

Thinking if taking the Sproglets for their first MTB ride. It’s only a 30 minute ride from my house but I expect the 2 year olds will be fed up by the time we actually get there if I do that. So 10 minute drive it is.
    And do you need to pay for parking?

iffoverload
    Free Member

the Leigh woods side, parking £2 for a couple of hours
    same at Ashton Court side, but a nice easy flat start and little swoopy descent if you go down to the mini railway direction from the car park

option would be to park at top of quarry run off beggars bush lane for free if you find a space and straight into a nice run down

dogbone

Best to park (for free) on Bridge Road / North Road. The car park gets very busy and is a pain to access.

argee

They double yellowed all of North Road, so would avoid that, best bet is the Golf Course car park at Ashton Court, get there early as it’ll fill unfortunately, Leigh Woods has more parking, but will cost more, and again, fills on the weekends, especially with nice weather and lockdown.

Might be worth just hitting a local bit that’s easier for the 2 year old to cycle to/from, or easier for parking to face, nothing worse than going that way and hitting nothing but people hunting for a space.

petefromearth

Leigh woods is perfect for a balance bike bimble as it’s so flat. We’ve enjoyed many a thrash around there, mainly on the big footpaths a lot of which are the perfect gradient to get some momentum.

I always park in the main LW car park which is no longer free but I’m fine with that. Didn’t realise North Rd was now double-yellows but it did used to get too busy and often unsafe. I’m sure you only have to go round the corner if you’d rather park on the road.

Also Paradise Bottom is now completely closed to cars and has no parking FYI. You probably wouldn’t be riding in that area with kids anyway. Another place that has had to limit access due to too many visitors over lockdown.

zerocool

Thanks for the advice. Glad we went super early. All the 160+ ebikers started turning up later on.

I can only assume they’re here because they aren’t allowed to FOD and Wales.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ashton Court/Leigh Woods parking on a Sunday morning’ is closed to new replies.