Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ashton court – Any good?
  • bombjack
    Free Member

Yo, I’m visiting a friend in Brizzle this weekend and am tempted to chuck the HT in the car and get a ride in before I drive back, is Ashton court any good? It looks pretty tame and short from the website, I “could” divert via FOD or Cannock, but I’m well aware that half of Cannock is closed, and FOD may well be under water if its like normal at this time of year…
    Any advice much appreciated!
    BJ

davebarrie
    Free Member

Ashton court is a good blast, but it’s not the best that Bristol has to offer. Head across the road into Leigh Woods and Fifty-Acre woods for a much larger network of trails. There are some way-marked ones, but most of the fun stuff is to be found by exploring a bit.

wrecker
    Free Member

It is tame, but for a city centre loop on flat ground, they have done a pretty decent job. Same for all of the waymarked stuff there.
    An hour or two on a HT is a lot better than not riding.

nickjb
    Free Member

Good fun for a quick blast. Challenging enough if you ride it fast. Nothing steep, just linked turns and the odd little rock drop. As above you can make a bigger loop by joining up the neighbouring trails. All are waymarked for the main route with techier bits off the track. I’d say it’s worth it.

bombjack
    Free Member

An hour or two on a HT is a lot better than not riding.

That was my thinking, looks like I’ll pack it and go exploring (hangover permitting)
    Cheers all.
    BJ

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ashton court – Any good?’ is closed to new replies.