Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ashima rotors direction ?
  • Yet1man

Right, I’ve been through all the posting I can find on here and Googled it too but all the articles seem to contradict each other and any with photo’s don’t specify if the mounting orientation shown is the older ‘recommended’ way or the new ‘recommended’ way !!
    Can someone just clarrify for me please, once and for all, which way round the rotor is (now) meant to be mounted ie which way the rotor arms should be facing when the bike is going forwards ? Outer end of the arms into the caliper first or the inner end leading into the caliper/pads first ?

Many thanks

Michael

Jackrabbit
    Free Member

There should be a direction arrow near the middle, on the face which should be on the outside of the wheel when you mount them. Without this you’ll just have to gamble– I’ve had different sizes/ models of Ashima with different directions specified rotor arm wise

AD

Outer end of arm going into calliper first. On my older rotors this is opposite to the arrow marked on them (if that makes sense).

Northwind

Jackrabbit – Member

There should be a direction arrow near the middle, on the face which should be on the outside of the wheel when you mount them.

Aye, but with Airotors, the early ones were stamped wrongly. Or, more precisely, Ashima thought it was a good idea to run them in the opposite direction from everyone else’s rotors. But then it turned out not to be. So sometimes you just have to disregard it.

They told me the correct direction is like everyone else’s, ie not like this one:

http://images.esellerpro.com/2375/I/210/5/ebay_images_2010_kcnc_kcnc_rotor.jpg

Yet1man

Excellent, that’s cleared that up. Many thanks for your replies.

Jackrabbit, I hope both Northwind & AD’s answers explain why I had to ask the question (and why you have had different rotors with the arrows stamped in different directions ;0)

I knew the history of Ashima changing their mind on which way the rotor should face but couldn’t work out which online images were old (showing the rotor running in the wrong direction) and which were newer.

Cheers

Michael

Jackrabbit
    Free Member

Fakinel. At least that’s one of the many little mysteries in my life cleared up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ashima rotors direction ?’ is closed to new replies.