Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Ashima Brakes – anyone used them yet? Or any other recommendations?
  • DickBarton

Posted up asking about Formula RX brakes last night but have now started having a nosey around and see the Ashima brakes are about but look as though they have just made it to market – anyone know if they are any good?

The PCB brake sounds great but typically I'm wary of trying something new i.e. lack of pistons to work the pads and the other system they do looks rather nice but very cyberman-esque – but no idea of prices.

So as I'm now in the market for a new set of brakes (with probably about £350 max budget on them) I'm looking for ideas on what to get? I like the looks of the Ashimana's with the fluid pipes external – probably marketing more than anything but they do look nice and sound rather good, but I'm after something with a short-ish lever pull and a solid lever feel – I don't like spongey feeling brake levers – once the pads are on the rotor I don't want more lever pull – I accept some but I'm not looking for a lot.

So what is out there that either has a short lever pull or can be adjusted to have a short lever pull and has a nice solid feel?

Looking for a 180 rotor on the front I reckon as I'm not that fast but will use a 200 if it means more power (although it's likely to never really be utilised with me!), rear will have a size down from front.

Shimano's are out as there is far too much lever pull for my liking, Hayes were good but these Strokers I have now have gone right poor and after the last 4 weeks of servicing by various mechanics they still haven't come back to how they were, I've finally bitten the bullet and decided they need replaced!

Cheers.

neninja
    Free Member

Formula seem so nicely made and designed. I'd plum for them from a purely aesthetic and engineering perspective.

The RX's have also got great reviews so far.

I use Oro's and love them. If I was in the market for new brakes I'd buy RX's without hesitation. Failing that a set of Magura Martha – depends what you're using them for I guess.

LeeW

You can get some Magura Marta SL's for £357 off Noah's bikes website, that's what I'm going for with the same budget in mind.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Ashima Brakes – anyone used them yet? Or any other recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.