Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Asgard metal bike sheds anyone got one?
  • catfood
    Free Member

I`m moving house soon and very much thinking of getting one of these metal bike sheds and would like some feedback from anyone who has one, particularly the Annexe High Security Bike Store and the Access Bike Store.

What Id really like to know is can you really fit four proper bikes in the Access Bike Store (a full suss, a hardtail, a ten ton Pashley and a hybrid). Also does anybody know just how much more secure the Annexe is than the Access, the Access is a bit bigger but if can only really fit three bikes I`ll go for the more secure slightly smaller box that only claims to fit three.

Thanks in advance.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I’m interested in these too, i aim to be putting one in my garage ‘cos at the moment i have three bikes living in my kitchen. When MsD moves in we’ll have 4 and that might be pushing it!

catfood
    Free Member

Oh well, first of us to get one can tell the other what they think.

theflash
    Free Member

Hi, They had one of those at “The Stanes” guesthouse in Inners, i was well impressed, albeit it was the bigger one for 7 bikes but the build quality was spot on, only thing that was a slight annoyance was the metal booming sound it made when you were putting the bikes away ( could annoy the neighbours at night) or could be a detterant for burglars>

AndrewJ
    Free Member

Ok this is my experience of metal sheds.

Firstly, unless you mount them on a wooden floor they condensate really badly. So bad that your bikes get wet, you open the doors and it rains on you. I believe you can counter act this by sticking polystyrene tiles to the inside but it sounds like a huge faff to me.

Secondly, they look ok when first erected but dent really easily and look like crap a year in when they fade and show signs of rust.

Thirdly, they are so noisy. This can be a good thing because you’ll know when someone’s trying to rob you but if you have neighbours and you’re regularly in and out of the shed they’ll quite quickly get a bit pissed.

I wouldn’t buy another!

Pridds

I got an Asgard access shed when our daughter was born and my man cave became the nursery.
    Really like it and it worked really well for the 18 months I have had it. If I was doing it again I would pay the extra and get them to assemble It as it was a bit of a pain. Also I got the ground anchor for a bit more security. Fits. 3 bikes no problems.
    Not had any of the problems above, seems a quality bit of kit and well thought out.

catfood
    Free Member

Pridds Asgard reckons you can get four bikes in the Access, do you think this is realistic or pushing it a bit?

Pridds

Pushing it a bit with proper mountain bikes. I can get my 3 in (Dh bike, 29er and stumpjumper) ok but i wouldn’t get a 4th in and if i could then i’d have trouble securing it with just one ground anchor.

vinnyeh

I can get 4 in (hybrid, cx, old man’s bike and 160 trail bike. Needs a bit of jiggerypokery round cranks and bars, but can be done, it’s a bit like packing the van. Fair amount of room space left over as well for odds and ends, but don’t expect to wheel anything other than the bike at the front out without a bit of unpacking.

No problems with condensation, noise, dents or rust.
    Pretty simple to erect, though mine is just on flagstones, not ground anchored.

catfood
    Free Member

Ta folks.

DT78
    Free Member

If you don’t use a ground anchor is it realistic someone could move it? They weigh quite a bit don’t they? Was thinking of placing mine on railway sleepers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Asgard metal bike sheds anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.