Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Asgaard Bike Sheds and Bike Insurance
  • philwarren11
    Free Member

Anyone got one and got their bikes covered when stored in them? Did you have to get the insurance approved one or will any of the models be ok?

Thanks.

MadBillMcMad

Got one at work – One of these

& we are on the edge of a dodgy area. So far it has never been broken in to.

Certainly an extra deterrent & got to be better than a wooden shed.
    Can’t answer the insurance questions though.

philwarren11
    Free Member

Thats good to hear, it does look like a good bit of kit.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

As with anything insurance related you need to ask them directly. They seem to record every call which helps.

skeetsgb
    Free Member

i have one of there models. really good. i put a couple of ground anchors in there plus extra locks on the front, alarm etc. (piece of mind more than anything). the internal locks seem really good, (3 way)

again dont no about the insurance, but if you are thinking about getting one soon, try and wait until halfords have the 20% off bicycle accesseries deal on, you can save about 80/100 quid and they delivery in a week, where you can wait up to 4 weeks if you go direct through asgard, and pay more.

philwarren11
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, good to know how secure they are tho.

Think ill phone my insurance and ask them about it.

nedrapier

try and wait until halfords have the 20% off bicycle accesseries deal on, you can save about 80/100 quid and they delivery in a week, where you can wait up to 4 weeks if you go direct through asgard, and pay more.

Nuts! Didn’t know about this! Bought mine last year. Not been broken into yet. Can’t say any more than that.

If someone’s looking for sheds to break into, they’ll move along. If someone really wants what you’ve got in yours, they might get it. I think someone on here said he had one get into his.

evh22
    Free Member

Err. Not sure if this is too good to be true but i appear to have just bought a 4 bike one RRP on asgard website £450 for £389 from Halfords using this code B13BP20 (20% off).

Sale has gone through, thanks for the Halfords suggestion. 😀

DT78
    Free Member

Good shout….just ordered via halfords as well, though it was £480 for me, minus discount and topcashback. Been wanting one of these for 2 years and never got round to it….

nedrapier

My tip: If you’re thinking about getting a powerdrill/driver, and this is the thing that’s going to push you into buying it, get one with a little LED that lights up the work.

I didn’t realise how helpful it would be, and I was very glad of it when I was inside, getting the roof screwed on.

DT78
    Free Member

Wife says I have a head torch. I think requesting authorisation for a second purchase so close to the first was a bit cheeky

evh22
    Free Member

Yes at halfords it is selling for £479.99 but with the Halford’s 20% off it is £389.

Don’t push the wife too far or you’ll be living in it….

philwarren11
    Free Member

The 3 bike version just come back in stock on halfords, happy days! Thanks for the code, 332 is a bargain. 🙂

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I have an Asgard – it was broken into last year. They’re not impenetrable by any stretch of the imagination, but they’re better than a wooden shed.

Insurance paid out no problem , but they stipulate big locks.

As above, I’d go with big locks on the outside, ground anchor, big locks inside, alarm, but definitely check with your insurer.

philwarren11
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, i was planning on all that, motion alarm as well. Tempted to rig something up to the house as well, but i live next door to my parents so they will hear it if it does go off.

evh22
    Free Member

Shed arrived. All set up in no time. Living room liberated at least. Am a very happy lady. 🙂

philwarren11
    Free Member

How long did it take to be delivered?

evh22
    Free Member

Ordered on Monday, called a week later and delivered on the Thursday. They then tried to arrange delivery for the 21st so I was in the running for two! I live nearby though easy deliver.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Asgaard Bike Sheds and Bike Insurance’ is closed to new replies.