Viewing 26 posts - 121 through 146 (of 146 total)
  • ASDA the jewel Edinburgh do they just not like cyclist?
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

How about letting the CTC know?

Cougar

That’s an ace idea. They’ll send in Jack Bauer.

kaesae
    Free Member

I just spoke to my local CTC personage and they’ve informed me that the best way to get the enforcement dept at the council involved is to contact my local councilor.

So I will be doing that next! I want it moved!

wwaswas

Some sort of ‘Critical Mass’ with lots of cyclists all turning up at once and locking their bikes to the patio furniture and any other available bit of pipework in and aroudn the store (with the local press and a local councillor there) might get some momentum behind the thing?

Write to your MSP too – you’d be surprised how effective our elected representatives can be at getting action out of large organisations.

GrahamS

I just spoke to my local CTC personage

Have you contacted Spokes? They probably have better contacts locally than the CTC.

http://www.spokes.org.uk/

legend
    Free Member

Gonna stop fannying around at Asda and send me my bearings!? 😉

kaesae
    Free Member

I have to go to Asda to post the bearings, at the end of a long day/working week I then have to kick chairs and tables out of the way.

I only kick the chairs the tables I push 😉

wwaswas

kaesae – have a look at @carltonreid twitter feed – one of your pics is generating some activty/comment. Might be worth contacting him via email – he’s got a bit of a track record of championing the cyclist.

kaesae
    Free Member

wwaswas I don’t use twitter, how exactly would I go about finding this?

wwaswas

here you go: twitter search

druidh
    Free Member

Kaesae – you can email him at

carltonreid@mac.com

kaesae
    Free Member

I was hoping too see the photo on his feed and see what’s been said about it?

How you doin druidh?

druidh
    Free Member

Cool. Not cycling enough.

Still looking for a good folding/lightweight shovel 😉

And I need to chat to you about bearings 🙂

Another lead for you to follow: http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/

A few “activists” on that forum who might be happy to help you apply some pressure with Asda.

wwaswas

kaesae – if you follow my link the photo is linked to on all of the posts shown.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Time to go viral ?

Reply Delete Favorite · Open
    Boycott @asda Edinburgh http://bit.ly/IsKDZR obstruction been there weeks & they’re refusing to move it. @choppercyclist please retweet 🙂

If you follow a cyclist ask them to retweet, ASDA will do something if it starts trending 😈

kaesae
    Free Member

Went to post some stuff today and the shit is moved, about time too!

I will miss kicking chairs out of the way in righteous indignation.

druidh
    Free Member

Win!!!

fozzyuk

2nd win !

good effort

spooky_b329

Now start locking your bike to the fittings in the homewares section 🙂

wwaswas

There’s now a facebook gropup demanding the reinstatement of that decking, you know 😉

Result for Kaesae 🙂

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

It had nothing to do with Kaesae actually, pure marketing, summer is now officially over in Edinburgh!

kaesae
    Free Member

Glad they moved it, I’m busy and could do without having to spend my time sorting shit like this out.

To be fair asda aren’t so bad, still stupid to block access to the racks, but shit happens!

Thanks for all the info and support!

nealglover
    Free Member

I can see why you wanted it moving, the dozens of bikes parked up in that picture would have been all over the carpark causing a right mess otherwise …….

Oh…… Hang on 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Well done K, good effort.

Now sort out RM? 😉

Basil

I was in Edinburgh last week, are you sure the reason for moving the furniture was to dig up that part of the city aswell?

project
    Free Member

Fantastic result and oh so funny, i thought at first it asda to be a joke thread, i bet the manager went off his trolley when told to move the decking, and bet he asked where to.

Viewing 26 posts - 121 through 146 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘ASDA the jewel Edinburgh do they just not like cyclist?’ is closed to new replies.