Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 146 total)
  • ASDA the jewel Edinburgh do they just not like cyclist?
  • GrahamS

I’d rather commend the OP for trying. YMMV.

kaesae
    Free Member

poly! perhaps you should check your face nappy sunshine, I think it’s full 😀

kaesae
    Free Member

Poly individuals like you are best simply ignored, your efforts are about disruption not contribution and reinforcing your own self importance, since no good can come from wasting time on people like you, until you have something constructive to actually contribute I will simply ignore you!

kaesae
    Free Member

Well after speaking to thier head office again and the store manager, a different one this time.

Asda have agreed again to rectify the situation and hopefully this time something will actually happen!

butcher

I can see why it’s not a big deal to some people. And in the grand scheme of things, it’s not….there’s always a lamp post, or something. But you can imagine the outcry if their little display was erected in the disabled parking bays.

Crikey, Jeremy Clarkson and James May were given permission to use a store’s disabled parking bays for a feature whilst the store was closed and they made front page headlines.

And that’s the thing. Because it’s ‘just’ cyclists, no one cares. We’re at the bottom of the pecking order, so ASDA for one have decided to take the p*$$. And if a massive corp like ASDA are going to take the p*$$ then we don’t really stand a chance in gaining any recognition as worthy members of the human species.

If it were me, I’d be tempted to write to my local MP. And then the local papers. ASDA head office. Etc. I’d milk it.

kaesae
    Free Member

Local papers and MP next as well as the council but hopefully they will move it, that said they already agreed to and did nothing.

I have however made it clear that I will be wanting to see thier planning permission application that the head office has if we don’t get access to the bike racks and that I won’t just let this go.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Cribbs Causeway in Brizzol have recently replaced the crappy ‘undo the front wheel and steal the rest of the bike’ stands like those with proper Sheffield stands. Unfortunalty they’ve put them too close to the wall to be of much use.

stocker
    Free Member

Planning histroy for the store:

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/propertyDetails.do?previousCaseType=Application&previousKeyVal=LWWSXQEW00Q00&activeTab=summary&previousCaseNumber=11/04110/ADV&keyVal=K016Z1EW33001
    Note that not all the applications have the decision notices on and the council will need to be contacted for these, if that is what you require.

alex222
    Free Member

some clichés now:

a storm in a teacup
    don’t make a mountain out of a molehill
    don’t sweat the small stuff

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

perhaps you should check your face nappy sunshine, I think it’s full

love it! 😆

kaesae
    Free Member

Small fracking storm if it fits in a tea cup 😯

Ever heard this saying a stitch in time saves nine or put up with crap and you best get your dumb ass ready for the mother load 😉

Stocker is there any mention of the bike racks?

I’m feeling a bit shit and still having to work isn’t helping.

stocker
    Free Member

There will be but the documents aren’t available online for all applications (50 of them). There is an application that was withdrawn that set requirements for cycle parking in an application but as I said this was withdrawn. I could have a little look into it if you like, I work for a consultancy so know what to look out for, see it as a freebie!

kaesae
    Free Member

Stocker just wait mate and we’ll see if they move them out to give us access, if they don’t you can look through them and I will give you some bearings at a better rate or advice on servicing if you need in return.

kaesae
    Free Member

Stocker the bawbags have still not moved the decking or other shit and are still blocking access to the bike racks, any chance you could have a look through the papers and get copies of any that are relevant?

Looks like I will have to contact the council my local papers and my local MP, they’ve had long enough to sort this so time to see what can be done.

gingerss
    Free Member

Good effort trying to get it sorted. Your efforts are probably futile, but if it does make a difference then it’s surely worthwhile.

kaesae
    Free Member

Spoken to them at least 4 times head office has contacted them and I have been told twice that it would be moved.

Last time I spoke to Derek Player and was assured they would move it, however it’s still there, now I’m going to call them again and tell them that my next move is to contact the local council, local papers and also my local MP.

Bad enough that they would put it there in the first place but to agree to move it and do nothing? Asshats the lot of them!

Every time I go to asda I have to kick chairs and tables out of the way, not good! accidentally put my pedals down on a table last time 😯

Oddly enough I don’t feel bad about that 😉

kaesae
    Free Member

Well I’ve spoken to them yet again and they’ve said it will be moved out to give access to the racks by tomorrow night.

Just have to wait and see what happens 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

Why not just shop in a non-shit supermarket?

Waitrose is excellent.

DougD

Kaesae, have got a contact for you in City of Edinburgh Council if you want. Can drop you an email.

kaesae
    Free Member

DougD hopefully they are going to move it by tomorrow night, although I’m not holding my breath.

Saw another 2 cyclists turn up and have to chain thiers bikes elsewhere, let’s see if they move it tomorrow and then take it from there.

Cheers.

kaesae
    Free Member

😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jeez take a joke kiddo!

niallmb
    Free Member

kaesae: I trust you understand that you have a responsibility to turn up with the longest tandem you can find if they only move it out the length of a standard bike, or at very least, a bike with a trailer.

postierich
    Free Member

Full of admiration for your cause BrotherKaesae keep up the good work,not planning on visiting my Asda untill its resolved up there!

Power to the people!

ComradeRich

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

So, anything happened yet?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Yep, kasae is out there matching up and down, stark naked with his willy tucked I front of his anus, fruitbowl fashion holding a big sign saying “Cyclists Rights”. It’s like Silence of the Lambs without the Goodbye Horses soundtrack and instead of a scary basement and spooky dead moths there’s just hundreds of Asda pikeys pointing and mocking.

They still haven’t moved the furniture either.

Cougar

It puts the lotion in the bag-for-life.

kaesae
    Free Member

Not sure yet! they are supposed to be moving it by tonight, however they’ve said that twice already, I’m at asda again on friday so will check too see!

No chance of you tucking your willy under your anus skeg_mcavennie2 seeing as it’s slap bang in the middle of your forehead 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

mybike
    Free Member

😆

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Thank you all for the funniest thread in ages!

😆

STW cycle protest huge turnout:

postierich
    Free Member

errr can I go back to my Asda yet as the Booths in Kendal is frightfully expensive,stocks running low!

Rich

kaesae
    Free Member

DougD

Can you give me that number? had a look today whilst I was buying some groceries and the shit is still there, so I think I’ll try a different approach.

Plus all they intend to do is move the decking and other crap out a bit and that’s not really why the bike racks are there.

Anyone know the number for the enforcement department for planning permission agreements at Edinburgh council?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Not trying to be funny but is it such a big issue? You can lock up to the posts behind etc?

cynic-al
    Free Member

kaesae – Member
    Anyone know the number for the enforcement department for planning permission agreements at Edinburgh council?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=planning+Edinburgh+council%3F&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

coffeeking – Member

Not trying to be funny but is it such a big issue? You can lock up to the posts behind etc?

It’s small fry, compared to, say “Royal Mail holding the country to ransom”, but this guy doesn’t let go of the small stuff!

oldgit
    Free Member

Look afetr the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves 😕

cynic-al
    Free Member

postierich
    Free Member

Kaesae is driving up standards and making sure cyclists have a voice!

I,m right behind him but not that close!

kaesae
    Free Member

I want it moved!

jonba
    Free Member

Write to the head office.

http://your.asda.com/contact-us

I’m sure if you google you can find the name of the chairman, finance director etc. if you really care that much.

Personally I think some humorous improvements to the scene would be better. Sure STW can come up with something.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘ASDA the jewel Edinburgh do they just not like cyclist?’ is closed to new replies.