Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 146 total)
  • ASDA the jewel Edinburgh do they just not like cyclist?
  • kaesae
    Free Member

Or do they simply not realize that we exist and need somewhere to park our bikes.

My local asda has 2 places to park your bike however they are regularly blocked with trolleys and other crap, however they’ve decided to take it too a whole new level and have put down decking in front of the cycle racks and are now advertising chairs and other crap for sale.

When I noticed the first bike racks were blocked I checked the second set, only to find them blocked as well, should I complain about this and if I do who is it best to compain too

Whilst I was there cyclists were turning up and simply looking around baffled, they have to have noticed that cyclist use these racks constantly.

So Asda the jewel Edinburgh you get my asshats of the week award! the bike in the third photo is one of mine 😀

bruneep

What’s to complain about, free seating to have your sandwich at.

allthepies
    Free Member

and if I do who is it best to compain too (sic)

Store Manager.

cynic-al
    Free Member

TBF when I go there’s 2 bikes there at most.

I’ll just lock my bike to the furniture 😀

Didn’t know we were neighbours, do you want to come round? Promise not to bully you….much.

Hohum
    Free Member

Scotland has been having its 3 day summer this week and it is due to last another day or two and then it will be back to normal weather and the decking and furniture will be gone until the next freak spell of reasonable weather!

Junkyard
    Free Member

he has the film ready kaesae

butcher

That’s funny. I’d be very tempted to lock my bike up strewn across the decking, right in the middle of their little art installation there.

I mean it’s obviously a facility for parking bikes in. There’s a huge picture of a bike on the side of it! The words ‘arse’ and ‘elbow’ come to mind.

Definitely point it out to the store manager. Because in all seriousness, aside from not being very convenient, it’s a blatant disregard to cyclists. And it doesn’t set a very good example, does it.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Those shit bike racks are unusable.

kaesae
    Free Member

It’s descrimination against cyclists, there’s only one course of action, we all go in and either start a protest by cycling round the car park slowly or we cycle in the doors grab what ever we want then make for the exits every rider for themselves.

If you’re smart you’ll take a water gun in a quick draw holster filled with vodka and mouth rinse, get them in the eyes and it works every time.

But that’s two courses of action I here the smart arses amongst you say, shurrup!

althepal

I worked there 10 years ago and was the only person using a bike at the weekends..
    Mind you, that big posh canopy wasn’t there either!!

STATO
    Free Member

They should have a customer service desk or representative inside, talk to them, they will take complaints and the store managers are then required to show company management they are effectively dealing with all the stores complaints, at least i think thats how it works.

kaesae
    Free Member

It’s not a **** ing day centre for fat stupid people!

WTF ARE YOU DOING?

Chaining my bike to your leg, what the **** does it look like.

WHY THE **** ARE YOU DOING THAT.

Going shopping innit!

Garry_Lager

Go upmarket Kasae – cycle the other way to the broad sunlit uplands of Cameron Toll Sainsburys. Loads of bike racks there.

STATO
    Free Member

TBH id be complaining the cycle racks are poor anyway, they should really have those big hoop things. Front wheel racks are so 90’s and useless for properly securing your bike (unless you lock it across them like some bikes in your pics)

stanfree
    Free Member

Shocking , did you happen to see ‘Pixie’ the cat ?. She always cheers me up.

Harry_the_Spider

Lock the furniture to the racks.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

should I complain about this

No not at all. Post something on a bike forum and complain there instead.

kaesae
    Free Member

Is pixie the ginger cat that always hangs about?

I’m raising awareness for this most serious of issues Ernie, is ernie short for Ernest 😯 😆

iain1775
    Free Member

Write a letter to their head office in Leeds and post it via royal mail 😉

stanfree
    Free Member

Yup thats the one they put a security tag on her to stop her going into the store but It makes no difference , she even has her own facebook page.

ojom
    Free Member

Just take your bike in with you.

Pretty sure they will probably not care and if they do you get to make a point.

Our local b n q are cool with it.

MussEd
    Free Member

Well I was in Scotmid Co-op in Portobello today and a lass was wheeling her bike through the store…must’ve forgotten her lock I suppose cos although the rack is small there it’s never obscured by garden furniture. Maybe try that tactic and when ASDA challenge you you can protest you were raising awareness of this inhumane descrimination!

MussEd
    Free Member

Great minds TBC…

MrKmkII
    Free Member

tesco fountainbridge has no cycle parking facilities whatosever, despite the newly paved front and rerouted roadway. i might write a letter. you should too- find the highest ranked director and email them.

ojom
    Free Member

You could also consider retracting your custom. Your ‘type’ are obviously not wanted. Is there not a wee set of shops you could use instead?

MussEd- cosmic.

samuri
    Free Member

Is that cycle park covered?

Luxury!

Drac

People of Scotland. Be thankful this wasn’t Kaesae’s local sorting office or you’d been wiped out as he went thermonuclear.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I think he’s been inciting riots up there.

CountZero

If you’re smart you’ll take a water gun in a quick draw holster filled with vodka and mouth rinse, get them in the eyes and it works every time.

Nah, lemon juice mixed with hot chili powder.

kaesae
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

People of Scotland. Be thankful this wasn’t Kaesae’s local sorting office or you’d been wiped out as he went thermonuclear.

Drac don’t you have better things to do, like turning a once popular and in touch MTB website / community into an out of touch example of what it means to be naff ❓

The more you change the rules to try and get us to pay to use this forum /website the less of us support you! I may not be a mighty STW goderator with super human powers of cack all, but I am smart enough to understand that!

wwaswas

every time I think “kaesae seems to be doing ok with his bearing business and helping people” a thread like this comes along and

kaesae
    Free Member

This isn’t a temporary measure, it’s a display, I’m going to contact their head office explain to them that I will be taping the conversation and aks about thier policy toward environmentally friendly transport.

[img]http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/b414/stormwind_01/DSC00027.jpg[/img]

GrahamS

Just chain your bike up to the furniture. Probably more secure than those crap racks anyway.

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey, I just move the chairs and chain my bike up anyway, but a lot of cyclists are coming along then wandering about looking for somewhere else to put thier bikes, seen 5 riders donig that shit already.

Spoke to thier head office and put in a complaint and now I’ve also spoke to the store and am waiting on a call about it from those responsible later on.

See what happens, anyone else want to call and complain?

stocker
    Free Member

Complain to the planning department at the council. This will be against the planning permissions they have obtained for the store for reasons including store/sales floor sizes and the use of the car parking area. The council should serve an enforcement notice if they don’t remove these.

GrahamS

Good point stocker – the original planning permission the were granted may well have been on the condition that they supported “green travel options” in line with some council scheme or other.

kaesae
    Free Member

Hello Stocker, I have told asda that I want them removed I have also pointed out that they are against the councils and asda’s own policies towards cyclists.

I have made it clear that my next move is to complain to the council about this and get cycling groups involved and that I consider this to be descrimination against a minority group 😉

Thanks for the info though I will make sure and bring it up if I need to take it too the council, lets give them until monday to respond to the request, then if they don’t I will pester them some more 😆

Anyone who wants to complain about this outrageous behaviour 😕 can contact the store in questions on 0131 669 9151

bigjim

I suggest nip in and buy some white lightning, round up some of edinburgh’s finest street boozers and sit them there, maybe even join in.

kaesae
    Free Member

Hahaha!

Already thought about that, but I’m getting into shape so am on a bevvy diet 😐

kaesae
    Free Member

Just got a call from asda and they’ve said that they will move the decking further out so that there is space to get to the racks and park the bikes.

So that’s fair enough!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘ASDA the jewel Edinburgh do they just not like cyclist?’ is closed to new replies.