Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Ascot476 – Flight Radar content
  • dawson

It’s just done 2 touch and go into Finningley and carried on and done another lap of the area.

Intrigued…

beej

Did similar around Newcastle airport too.

CountZero

Not really sure about the significance of the call-sign.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

That’s so weird – T7-OWN did 5x touch&go loops around Farnborough earlier today, landed, then did another 4 before heading to Luton. Wonder what that was all about!?

mashr

A400 doing what A400s do?

riddoch

Couple of weeks ago I saw another military transport  doing similar at Gatwick, at least 2 touch and go’s. Not sure if it was a A400, thought it was jet rather than props but may have been wrong.

guessing they are taking advantage of quiet airports for training.

riddoch

C17 most likely based on YouTube video I found, https://youtu.be/nrCQ_Zopj0U

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

T7-OWN is a little Gulfstream, but I did wonder whether it was some sort of training exercise. FAB definitely starting to ramp up the traffic though, or so it seems.

40mpg

A C-17 ?? Big grey thing was doing similar over the new forest last night, I guess out of bournemouth. I’ve seen it doing this quite a few times, about an hour of up and downs.

mikertroid
    Free Member

All crew training profiles. Training callsign. Making use of quiet (and cheap) airports right now.

Quite normal.

As you were….

CountZero

Circuits and bumps as my dad used to call it with the aircraft that constantly circled around RAF Lyneham, plus various visitors; as mikertroid says it’s training exercises at unfamiliar airfields. I really miss Lyneham as an operational airbase, although there are still aircraft around, just not in the numbers there used to be.
    However, where I work in Westbury there’s always aircraft of one sort or another around, sometimes ridiculously low, mostly helicopters, but occasionally big transports like the Airbus A400 that went over the other day; managed to grab a quick photo at 2x zoom on my phone. Shows the multibladed prop blades nicely.

fossy

We had a c-17 doing touch and go at Manchester airport last spring during lockdown. Flipping huge as it went over my house over ten times at some random flight paths.

yosemitepaul

Comet 451 had a very busy day today. Do you think the crew got dizzy?

shinton
    Free Member

Saw an A400 fly over me on Tuesday en route to landing at Liverpool. According to flightradar it started from Brize Norton, down to Newquay then pretty much due north up through Wales.

neila

Back when I was a lad in the ATC we had an air experience flight in a VC10 out of Brize Norton, this comprised of a flight out over Wales then approximately 2 hours of circuits and bumps. It was not a pleasent experience.

Rich_s

Back when I was in the ATC we had an air experience flight in a VC10 out of Brize Norton. It was lovely, flying racetrack patterns over the North Sea while Tonkas, Jags. Harriers and F18s joined on… Often quite spectacularly.

Quite an experience facing backwards for takeoff too! The VC10 was pretty rapid (fastest subsonic trans Atlantic IIRC).

beaker

I had an ATC flight in the back of a Herc. Flew from Lyneham up to god knows where and picked up a load Para’s. Watched them jump out of the side doors from the back ramp. Awesome experience.

bainbrge

Hehe I did an ATC flight in the back of a Chinook. Still point that out to my wife 25years later every time we see one.

I wonder if it still happens? There must have been 30 teenage air cadets on the Chinook joyride I did.

dantsw13

Ive been out of the RAF for a while, but ASCOT is an RAF Transport aircraft callsign for operational tasks rather than crew training. (Allied Supreme Command Operational Theatres). From Memory a 3 digit callsign was a tactical flying task supporting the army.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Ascot476 – Flight Radar content’ is closed to new replies.