• This topic has 25 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Marin.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • As good as Scotland that isn’t Scotland. We found it!
  • flimbo
    Free Member

A couple of weeks ago me and my mates loaded up the vans for three days of riding and three nights of partying. We were still too early for restrictions to be eased so we couldn’t go to Scotland but we hit two absolute treats here in England. We’ve never ridden these trails before, with Saturday’s riding absolutely as full on as Golfie and anywhere else we’ve ridden in Scotland. The steeps were as steep as we’ve ridden. Proper gnar!

Steep dusty trails in the sun, followed by beers, beaches and BBQ’s. This was an absolute dream weekend and I’m so jealous of all the friendly locals, who pointed us in the direction of the best trails, who get to ride this stuff all the time.

Drink, sleep, ride, repeat!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Oh, it’s a YouTube link.

For a 21 minute video.

So, TLDW, where was it?

mashr

dangeourbrain

Oh, it’s a YouTube link.

For a 21 minute video.

So, TLDW, where was it?

This ^ I’m afraid. A description here or on YouTube would be appreciated

IHN

Yeah, INWATS. Enough of the clickbait crap, where did you go riding?

rickmeister

Steep
    Dusty
    Beach
    BBQ
    Sun
    Beer
    21 minute video.

Back ‘o’ The Nationwide, Shirley….

tthew

Nah, got to be Delamere.

(also CBA to watch a 21 min YouTube without some background info)

sharkattack

Don’t forget to like, comment and subscribe.

flimbo
    Free Member

Yeh, fair comments about the lack of description. I was in two minds whether or not to post as I was conscious of sharing the exact location as I know that isn’t always appreciated by locals. The places are named in the video but I thought that was more discreet that sharing on a forum – maybe I got that wrong. At the end of the day, the trails are all on Trailforks so they’re not a huge secret – they’re at Dent and Setmurthy.

It’s a longer video than I’d usually make and I appreciate it’s a longer video than many will choose to watch. I make the edits for me and my mates and I was pleased with how this one turned out so I thought I’d see if anybody else would enjoy it. If anybody sticks with it, I hope you enjoy it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Nice trails. There’s loads of stuff like that appearing all over the hilly parts of the UK though. You can see it on the Strava Heatmap. It’s a great time to be an MTBer 🙂

tthew

Ah, now I’m interested! Love Cockermouth and that’s an area of the lakes away from the usual honey pots. Dent pretty close to home so I will watch later. Ta.

flimbo
    Free Member

Yep, loads of fun, Molgrips – that’s what it’s all about. Perhaps I need to get Strava premium if that’s the case?

joe-m

I’d leave off naming them in the you tube description, could easily over expose a place especially if the trails are fairly cheeky, you just naming them here has prompted me to look on trail forks when I hadn’t spotted them previously. Too many vans and bikes showing up can easily cause the landowner issues where they’ve previously tolerated trails.

stcolin
    Free Member

Well I’m pretty much 2/3 of the way to Inners at that point, might as well keep going.

molgrips
    Free Member

Perhaps I need to get Strava premium if that’s the case?

The heatmap and route planner is the reason I subscribed, but there’s enough detail on the free Strava Global Heatmap to at least point you in the right direction. Or there used to be, at least.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Love the expostulations from the cameraman in the vids 🤗

Great stuff ( though a bit long to watch it all)

oldtennisshoes

Needs a 30s trailer / taster vid

PrinceJohn

You lost me at the start by throwing out your recycling.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

So much hate for an MTB video on an MTB forum! I enjoyed it, good stuff.

Although the title is cheesy and using Cypress Hill is so cliche it hurts 🙂 🙂 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

Although the title is cheesy and using Cypress Hill is so cliche it hurts 🙂 🙂 🙂

Did you mean house of pain yeah? Or was Cypress Hill later?

greeny30
    Free Member

Prince John, virtue signal much.😇

stanfree
    Free Member

Well I enjoyed It , looks ace . Usual STW critique on here I see. 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

Not where I was expecting from the title, but they are great little spots. I particularly love Setters.

I know the idea of people having riding holidays at Dent instead of the Golfie will tickle the locals.

sharkattack

I just watched the whole video. I waited until I was at work so I could get paid for it. Trails look mint and I have no idea where any of them are. I’m also a bit jealous that you have mates to ride with when all of mine have vanished into the woodwork and can’t be dragged out.

Andy_K

As a local I approve this message.

Although I’d say mini Inners rather than the real deal.

Conditions have been a bit mint lately 😃

flimbo
    Free Member

Thanks to those who watched it and enjoyed it. With the rain we’ve had here over the last few days and into the weekend, I can’t wait to get back to riding through dust like we had that weekend.

Marin
    Free Member

Thanks for that. Trails look great will be heading that way in a few weeks. Is it just me that laughs at a mate crashing and then ask if he’s o.k.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘As good as Scotland that isn’t Scotland. We found it!’ is closed to new replies.