Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • As good as it gets?
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Had a few hours riding over Winterfold and Pitch this afternoon/tonight. Hard to beat it – trails in great condition (shame about the repairs on supernova!!), weather great, cog slipping disappeared, riding well (for me), found a more natural speed and rhythm, loads of nice folk out there, no pressure on any trails (apart from the embarrassment of watching the big party showing how the descent from Pitch down to the W’mill pub should be ridden! Will I ever be able to ride like that?).

Apart from the man-eating branch that impaled me in the T trails, all was well. Nice to escape from the crap going on in the world for a few hours. Bliss!

stany
    Free Member

Can’t complain at that. Weather was peachy today.
    My turn tomorrow. Hopefully more of the same.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I rode 20k and ran 5k this afternoon in the muggy afternoon Bristol heat. Every cyclist I passed nodded hello. Had a new selection of 170-180bpm songs on the iPod for my run and actually didn’t feel so bad afterwards (well…after running a cold shower over my legs for ten minutes). Picked up mini dd from childminder, greeted with a wide mouth frog smile and babbling away about his day (I’m sure) and we went to the local cafe bar for a beer and a chat. Bliss. Glad you had a pleasant one. Nothing beats it. 🙂

geoffj

Did a PB for my 5k loop this morning and could still walk this afternoon 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Glad to see you have the run cadence right DD…..sprint pah, ironman 2014!!!

Was that the first brick session?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yes, that was the first. Run didn’t feel so bad after only 20k on the bike. Worryingly looking forward to it now. Until I try swimming and am reminded how shite I am. 😐

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Sometimes it’s just brilliant

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘As good as it gets?’ is closed to new replies.