Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • As an Arsenal fan…
  • aa
    Free Member

I am very sad tonight.

That is all.

nickjb
    Free Member

Maybe try supporting one of the Manchester teams. They seem to be doing OK.

aa
    Free Member

I remember the don howe days, when we were (probably) better than mediocre. I feel those days have returned.

At work, i sit next to a man city fab, cvnt,

higgo
    Free Member

You’ve got a nice (but quiet) stadium though.

Tom83

Defence needs work for sure.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Why? Because you’ve lost a few games? FFS, suck it up man.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I can’t believe the blind loyalty that Arsenal fans place in Wenger.

He’s been building a team for 6 years, and Fergie builds one in a summer, without missing a heart beat.

I’m a Rangers fan, fire away, it won’t be anything I ain’t heard before!, but if we went 6 years like you folks have, christ, the manager would get lynched.

Junkyard
    Free Member

DD he said he was sad not changing teams…one day Man U will be just like we were in the pre premiership days ..Aresenal did the double and were unbeaten + CL final and look at them now – still could be worse.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

As of today the sport of football has been abolished and will be replaced with shiteball. It is similar in many ways but the aim of the game is to be as shite as possible and kick he ball in your own net as many times as possible.

I couldn’t believe the stats Blackburn had two shots on target and were winning 4-2, unbelievable…. 🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

He’s been building a team for 6 years, and Fergie builds one in a summer, without missing a heart beat.

But Man Utd had much more than a 6 yr barren period before sir Alex arrived.

aa
    Free Member

still, could be worse.

could be an aussie

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I can’t believe the blind loyalty that Arsenal fans place in Wenger.

The problem is not Wenger it’s the board, that said I’m not sure how long he’ll be around.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

What the hell has that got to do with it? Has it happened since he came?, no. Stop being devils advocate Don Simon.

aa
    Free Member

The problem is not Wenger it’s the board, that said I’m not sure how long he’ll be around.

agreed, we do seem to be run by people who are primarily concerned by the share prices above anything else.

the thing is, who else out there is better, given the financial restraints arsene has?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The problem is not Wenger it’s the board

I’m not sure that is true either, they have said for years that money is available, and he has refused to use it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yes, it’s pretty sad alright.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’m not sure that is true either, they have said for years that money is available, and he has refused to use it.

Nope he is or has been the perfect scapegoat for a penny piching board only interested in turning a profit. Silent Stan can **** off as well. Get the big fat manc fan Usmanov in who’ll actually splash the cash.

Junkyard
    Free Member

liking your work DD chortles

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Wenger has never denied he has cash to spend, in fact, he actually revels in prudence.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

And that has been his job.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/aug/27/arsenal-arsene-wenger-transfers

Amy Lawrence really knows her stuff re: Arsenal but it all adds up that Wenger has never had money to work with, and the wage cap has been even moe crippling.

Depending on who you believe, either the board actively encourage Wenger to spend and feel frustrated at his reluctance, or Wenger does a good job in taking the flak and shielding the board from a financial reality that is much more sobering than they would like to admit.

maxray
    Free Member

As a Norwich fan, I am pretty happy… bar the 5th pen in 5 games we have conceeded!

coogan
    Free Member

Not sure why you’re so sad, it’s been heading this way for years. He’ll splash the cash and usually buys someone no ones heard of, says they’ll be great and then they’ll usually end up somewhere that will actually win trophies. Then he’ll splash the cash and usually buys someone no ones heard of, says they’ll be great and then they’ll usually end up somewhere that will actually win trophies. Then he’ll splash the cash and usually buys someone no ones heard of, says they’ll be great and then they’ll usually end up somewhere that will actually win trophies. Then he’ll splash the cash and usually buys someone no ones heard of, says they’ll be great and then they’ll usually end up somewhere that will actually win trophies. Then he’ll splash the cash and usually buys someone no ones heard of, says they’ll be great and then they’ll usually end up somewhere that will actually win trophies. Then he’ll splash the cash and usually buys someone no ones heard of, says they’ll be great and then they’ll usually end up somewhere that will actually win trophies…

transporter13
    Free Member

Try being a toffee then….at least all you’ve got to worry about is the fact you’ve lost a couple of games 🙂

Edric64
    Free Member

I’m a Rangers fan, fire away, it won’t be anything I ain’t heard before!, but if we went 6 years like you folks have, christ, the manager would get lynched.

Queens Park Eangers ? or Glasgow Rangers in the Spl (does that stand for Sunday pub league?)

randomjeremy
    Free Member

PL football isn’t even sport any more, it’s just entertainment. The Manchester clubs might as well be the harlem globetrotters or a WWE tagteam 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

heres hoping Sunderland and Fulham win putting Arsewipes in the bottom 3

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

I’m a spurs fan and have to say Arsenal have been the best run club in the EPL. Look at Man U Man City and Chelseas debts- Hundred of millions of pounds – the sooner UEFA get tough on this and kick financially unviable teams out of europe the better.

PS apart from the last 2 years, since arsene has been your manager i would have bitten off my right hand to have had Arsenals team and results.

Sonor
    Free Member

Arsenal have been the best run club in the EPL. Look at Man U Man City and Chelseas debts- Hundred of millions of pounds – the sooner UEFA get tough on this and kick financially unviable teams out of europe the better.

Uefa are going to prevent teams from entering European competitions if they “spend more than they earn.” This will mean the likes of Arsenal and a number of other clubs in Europe should be able to compete again, instead of it being which English/Spanish/Italian clubs wins this year.

Klunk
    Free Member

Arsenal and a number of other clubs in Europe should be able to compete again, instead of it being which English/Spanish/Italian clubs wins this year.

have to make it into Europe first though.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well at least you dont have the agony of seeing £50m Torres miss that wide open goal! I actually really felt for him 😥

Sonor
    Free Member

have to make it into Europe first though.

Which they will again as they are a well run club. The only reason they aren’t doing well at the moment is because the other clubs are simply spending more than they earn and as a result can attract the best players, which Arsenal with its wage cap cannot or will not, they also lose their better players to these clubs(not just the English ones.)

By imposing these rules UEFA will be essentially getting clubs to be run like Arsenal.

And speaking of losing their best players, they sold Traore to my club QPR. He’s playing exceptionally well at the moment. *

*Could go pear shaped rapidly

higgo
    Free Member

By imposing these rules UEFA will be essentially getting clubs to be run like Arsenal.

FWIW, Man Utd will sail through the UEFA ‘Financial Fair Play Rules’. Even Chelsea will now that Abramovich is tailing off his spending to maintenance levels.

Real Madrid, city and maybe some Italian clubs will almost certainly fall foul of it but won’t be excluded. There will be a fudge of some sort

binners

As a united fan (a happy one obviously) its sad to see what’s happened to the arse. The best premiership games ever were watching Henri, and the midfield scraps of Keane and Viera. Just quality football. I’ve always loved watching Wengers sides.

But right now you’re a pale shadow of what you were. And its a damn shame. I think you’re way outside ‘top four’ right now, but getting rid of Arsene would be insanity. Right this season off and rebuild for next

higgo
    Free Member

getting rid of Arsene would be insanity. Right this season off and rebuild for next

which would be fine if Wenger was capable of building a team.

He’s never built a complete team. Even their last Prem-winning season relied heavily on Keown, Cole, Viera, Parlour and Bergkamp (who all pre-dated him).

Jamie
    Free Member

Not to be a pedant, but:

“A month before Wenger formally took charge of the team, Wenger requested that the club sign French midfielders Patrick Vieira….”

-sauce

He also bought in Sol Campbell, Emmanuel Petit, Freddie Ljungberg, Thierry Henry and Robert Pirès. So he has, or maybe had, the ability to bring in the right players.

spacemonkey

don simon – Member

Eh? We won the FA Cup (when it meant a helluva lot more than now) in 83 and 85.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

is arsenal one of those teams that play that silly football game where loads of people sit round watching 22 grown men run round earning shed loads a year 🙄

you know what will make you feel better get your bike out and go for a ride enjoy the last of summer mate then think are those bar stewards really worth my watching and spending my hard earned cash on 😉

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

A few bad games don’t ruin a season-look at Everton last year (or maybe the year before) They were bottom 3 at Christmas and ended up 7th?
    Might be a wee bit out with numbers but really there is enough quality in the Gunners team to have a good season again. Maybe they can’t quite match the Manchester clubs but they are still above the majority of the PL.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘As an Arsenal fan…’ is closed to new replies.