Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Artists of STW – Fairbairn paintings…
  • user-removed
    Free Member

I guess this might interest McMoonter (or maybe not) but I inherited two small watercolours by Fairbairn of Fordell (I think this must be Nicholas Fairbairn).

They’re pretty awful and it sounds like he was a pretty awful person but I can’t help wondering if they’re worth anything? Anyone any ideas at all?

kcal

Nicky Fairbairn was indeed of Fordell – I recall going to Scout jamborees there – Fordell Firs. This was many years ago so can’t speak for the chap himself (now dead anyway) – he did have some redeeming qualities in pursuing legal cases but not many IIRC. Bit of a dandy..

Edit: like these – http://www.arcadja.com/auctions/en/fairbairn_nicholas/artist/439742/
    Actually quite like the ones as displayed..

Get a valuation from likes of McTears.

user-removed
    Free Member

Cheers – my grandad owned the paintings and I know they were a gift from the artist. I suspect they won’t make me rich then…

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Given the current reputation of Fairbairn:

Raped a 4 year old as part of the Edinburgh ‘Magic Circle’ network

One of many MPs who attended the Elm Guest House, linked to trafficking from care homes for Child Rape and Murder

Lived in Dolphin Square, also linked to above activities

it might be an idea to hang onto them for a while.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Friends described him as serial philanderer, but a quick google reveals a more sinister character.

A search on auction results reveals that Shapes in Edinburgh have sold his work. Might be worth speaking to Gavin Lindsay there, he’s a biker and sometime lurker on here.

user-removed
    Free Member

jive honey – I know 🙁
    Thanks mcmoonter – was hoping you’d comment. Good info there thanks. Despite their awfulness I do quite like them. They hung in my grandad’s toilet and I used to like looking at them when I was a kid.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Artists of STW – Fairbairn paintings…’ is closed to new replies.