Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Artificial Plants
  • dooosuk
    Free Member

We have a hallway that doesn’t have any external walls and as such doesn’t get a lot of natural light. We’re using that as an excuse as to why we can’t keep any plants alive in it 🙂

Does anyone have any large’ksh plant recommendations that thrive in such conditions as our next port of call is looking at artificial greenery?

If not, can anyone recommend anywhere to buy any decent quality artificial plants?

Thanks

perchypanther
    Free Member

Jamaican Woodbine (Allgwanbeirie marleyii)

Grows best in lofts with no windows.

johndoh
    Free Member

TK Maxx / Homesense for a vast array of artificial stuff at reasonable prices. And this also means there is the very real possibility of there being Raspberry Liquorice on sale at the tills too.

bearnecessities

Does anyone have any large’ksh plant recommendations that thrive in such conditions

Fern 🙂

thepurist

Aspidistra (gronda gronda) and Spathyphyllum will both grow in some pretty dark places

maccruiskeen

If not, can anyone recommend anywhere to buy any decent quality artificial plants?

See if you have a branch of ‘Country Baskets’ near you (aka ****y Bastards) – they are florist wholesalers and I buy a lot of artificial greenery from them for film sets and the like. Cheap, a bit more naturalistic than Ikea and a lot of choice.

If you want something living that doesn’t need sunlight  how about growing Oyster Mushrooms in books

a Rose of Jerrico is pretty much un-killable too – the Tardigrade or Homeybadger of he plant world. I’ve got a few that t get left in the cupboard where the pipework for out heating system comes into the house (we’re on a district system) – that cupboard is about 45deg inside all year round – we bring them out every few years and give them a water and watch them do their weird fractal shit and then put them away again for a few years. They don’t even care about soil – we just sit them in a puddle of water on a plate

Esme
    Free Member

Bloom are very good, but rather expensive.

CountZero

Never heard of a Rose of Jericho! It looks like my Leylandii trimmings just before they go into my incinerator.

maccruiskeen

Never heard of a Rose of Jericho! It looks like my Leylandii trimmings just before they go into my incinerator.

very much like that- but with added demonic possession

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Artificial Plants’ is closed to new replies.