Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Art Deco speaker made into a light – soothing view
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Out of this Art Deco speaker I made a light – not hard by any means, gives off such a pleasant glow and for some reason not got bored with veiwing it so yesteryear and innocent! http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q685/unfitggeezer/null_zpsiiowijri.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5Dnull

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

That’s beautiful. Good effort mate.

I would be trying to mask off the light leakages at the back so the only light comes out of the grille, but that’s just a matter of taste.

Edukator
    Free Member

I’d have put a Celestion in and made a guitar cab but each to his own.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Light leakage needs to be addressed, might stick some soft glow LED rather than a soft bulb so it doesn’t get hot inside the cabinet. (That’s the only reason I’ve left a small gap)

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

soft glow LED rather than a soft bulb

Yep I agree!

CountZero

Classic Pye radio grill design, love it. As well as the leakage from the back, I’d be sealing up up the screw holes as well.
    LED lighting definitely, for cooler running, it might be possible to rig up a tri-colour system so the colour can be adjusted; is it 240v? In that case you could just swap the bulb for an LED with colour adjust via an app.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Yes its 240v will have a look at some LED bulbs – forgot about those.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Art Deco speaker made into a light – soothing view’ is closed to new replies.