Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Arse – well I feel like shit now!
  • transapp
    Free Member

As above, it’s not your fault. You may as well blame the parents fit teaching him to walk and ride a bike in the first place. You were doing the right thing and should carry on doing as you were. It’s a hard world and sometimes shit happens. I’m sorry it involved you.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

“The bad feelings now are just the side effect of being a decent conscientious human being”.

+100 – you seem like a decent chap from your posts convert and anyone would feel like you do. No point in telling you not to beat yourself up but make sure you go and have a chat about it with some colleagues over a few beers or something. It’ll help get you some perspective..

Just read the OP out to mrs deadly – and felt awful for you again.

HermanShake
    Free Member

🙁

It’s not your fault at all. Keep talking to those close to you, or even us STW nerds. My thoughts are with you and his family.

Coyote
    Free Member

Nothing to add apart from my condolences and, as others have said, don’t discount counseling. You are blameless in this.

Thoughts with his family and yourself.

singletrackmind

Thats very harsh
    Please dont beat yourself up about it . It was simply an accident, wrong place, wrong time.
    I can see your feeling the need to be responsible in some way , but your not . You cant wrap kids up in cotton wool and keep them indoors.

Nice letter to family perhaps? No parent should have to bury their child , be difficult on his mates too.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Stand down young man.
    May your tailwinds be eternal.

simmy
    Free Member

Firstly may I pass on my condulnances to the family involved.

Like everyone else has said, its natural to feel the way you do.

I’m a Driving Instructor and I found out one of my Ex pupils had had a crash, fortunatly not very bad, but I beat myself up about it for a while asking myself could I have done anything different.

It just shows that, like myself, you care about what you do.

Bunnyhop

The bad feelings now are just the side effect of being a decent conscientious human being.

I agree.

You gave that lad a wonderful chance to do something he loved. It was an accident and absolutely nothing to do with you.

I wish there were more teachers like you.

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that you knew the lad. The incident was near to where I live. Very sad day and my heart goes out to all the friends and family.

At least you gave him a pastime to enjoy, you put the extra effort in that not all teachers do. This could have happened at anytime.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I do the same at my school, and I do worry when we are out if anything happens, or if ythey are riding out on their own.

I always tell myself that the skills they are learning will make them safer, but sometimes accidents happen, no ones fault.

matt_outandabout

The bad feelings now are just the side effect of being a decent conscientious human being.

I agree.

You gave that lad a wonderful chance to do something he loved. It was an accident and absolutely nothing to do with you.

I wish there were more teachers like you.
    ^this

project
    Free Member

While it must be upsetting to Convert to loose a school pupil, it must be worse for his parents and especially the van driver,who both must be sufering inmeasurable greif,perhaps visit the parents, and when school starts again organise a cycle event with an annual cup in memory of the young lad, so his memory is kept fresh.

DONT BLAME YOURSELF,YOU TAUGHT HIM THE SKILLS AND SHOWED INTREST IN HIM AND HIM IN YOU,AND THATS WHY HE TOOK UP CYCLING.

Coyote
    Free Member

organise a cycle event with an annual cup in memory of the young lad

Or a charity ride in his name?

anokdale
    Free Member

Sad news and my condolences to the poor family involved.

You did what was right and in no way are you to blame, please speak to someone.

toppers3933
    Free Member

you cared enough to give him the opportunity to do something he grew to love.

you care enough to now be distraught at this horrific accident.

you should talk to someone. start with your head teacher. there may be an occupational health arrangement that can sort counselling. might sound a bit ott, but it will help.

i too wish there were more teachers like you.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Arse – well I feel like shit now!’ is closed to new replies.