Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Arrgh…..V2 rotors hitting disc brake mounts on Fox forks is it a………….
  • postierich
    Free Member

case of filing down the fork mounts, Chris King Hub 15mm axles I know the V2 rotors were a bit thicker but had not bargained on them being that bad.
    Had no problems with them mounted to Hope pro2 hubs on the front.
    Have noticed the wheels do not mount to the forks as easily the Hopes 🙁

Nipper99
    Free Member

Had a similar problem with Mavic hubs – went to pro2 hubs which fixed it.

woody74

Sounds a bit disappointing with Chris king hubs as the combination with Fox forks must be the most common. I’ve always thought disc brake tolerances are far tighter than they need to be. Maybe a new standard is needed as are current wheel widths really the best! Tolerances are especially bad with road and cross bikes on the front. Had it with a cross bike and it was all down to hub choice. Maybe call Hope and see what there thoughts are.

deserter
    Free Member

I had the same prob with normal floating rotors, trimming the brake mount was the only way I got around it, I had to take quite a lot off actually to centre everything

mattbee

My rear STX caliper clipped the rivets on a Superstar floating rotor when I went to CK hubs. Well, until 10 min or so into the first ride. Steel rivet v ally caliper….

lank45
    Free Member

This is a common problem with Hope rotors with a carrier (floating and vented) and none Hope hubs. Easiest way is to take some metal off the fork/mount.

fibre
    Free Member

Swapped from Hope floaters to Shimano Ice Tech for the same reason, stick out about as much as an all steel rotor and improved the braking in my opinion.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Arrgh…..V2 rotors hitting disc brake mounts on Fox forks is it a………….’ is closed to new replies.