Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 156 total)
  • Armstrongs bubble soon to burst?
  • rOcKeTdOg

Miller seems to be doing ok, saw him on an advert the other day

has Lance got really thin arms in that photo or has the elastic gone in his jersey?

iDave
    Free Member

Millar never tested positive and on the one occasion when he was challenged he confessed, served his ban and came back. Armstrong however…….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Good God. Are they still flogging this dead horse? It’s a shame really, how many times has Armstrong been tested now? Who cares anymore?

uplink
    Free Member

How very dare you?

Don’t you know he’s the most tested athlete in the most tested sport in the world 😉

rOcKeTdOg

it’s never good when you have to explain it is it?

http://www.armstrongandmiller.co.uk/

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah yes, HemAssist.

LOLcopterz.

oldgit
    Free Member

It’s sort of sad all round whatever the outcome. What I find distasteful is the way they’re going for Armstrong, what about all the potential users still in the peloton. In my opinion you should catch the cheats while they’re cheating. In a way Armstrong is history and the results won’t be changed, he will just be seen as the rider that won seven tours though possibly by cheating.
    I bet the press would rather have Armstrong than twenty current no name riders.

hora
    Free Member

Among SI’s revelations

according to a source

former USPS rider Floyd Landis recalls

In a letter reviewed by SI, Armstrong’s testosterone-epitestosterone ratio was reported to be higher than normal on three occasions between 1993 and 1996

who rode with Armstrong on the Motorola squad in 1995

Regurgitating old info and really they are flogging the same old smear-campaign in this story huh?

‘if found guilty of taking it in his Tour winning years’….

The references are all in the 90’s. The writer is a pillock.

donsimon
    Free Member

Pretty much still all speculation and heresay, not sure I can believe anything from Landis though.
    If he is proven to be a doper I think it will be a day of mixed feelings. Deception in that he cheated then lied and happiness that I should be the driving force behind wholesale changes, and these changes are needed, with or without a Lance conviction. 😕

hora
    Free Member

Millar cheated and was caught. Doping should be a lifetime ban from all competitive paying-sports. Full stop.

Would you trust any former doper?

donsimon
    Free Member

I thought Millar was quite pragmatic about it and simply accepted his guilt and said that there was no real advice or guidance for not cheating.
    There’s a guy here who’s due to return this year after a two year ban and after the ‘I never knowingly took anything’ stock statement has not been heard from. He accepted the ban and stayed silent. I say respect to him for his behaviour in regard to the ban.

IanMunro
    Free Member

What’s the latest on Bertie?

rOcKeTdOg

Doping should be a lifetime ban from all competitive paying-sports

+1

iDave
    Free Member

Armstrong has built a cancer related business, often erroneously thought to be a charity, on his reputation as a hero. If his heroic exploits are tainted, what message does it send to his worshipers who don’t have the same access to energy giving ‘treatments’. If as is suspected and often claimed, his ‘people’ have been bribing and threatening their way through the last 20 years, maybe it’s good that the horse that is still racing is being flogged a bit more…..

“linking Armstrong’s team to controversial Italian physician Michele Ferrari as recently as 2009, though Armstrong had said he cut ties with Ferrari in 2004.”

That’s not the 90’s

And of course for years he denied having any links with Ferrari….

hora
    Free Member

Oh Jesus H Christ the Martians have landed.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

If you can’t beat ’em, join ’em.

I’ve thought for a long while now that they might as well just accept that drug taking goes on (like in bodybuilding) and just let them get on with it. If they really went for it we might see the tour schedule condensed a bit… we could truly have ‘Sleepless in the Saddle’.

cynic-al
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member

Doping should be a lifetime ban from all competitive paying-sports

+1

I imagine several thousand or even tens of thousands of pro’s and semi-pros would then be banned.

Whatever the rules it’s the hypocrisy & sanctimoney I detest, like how Dwian Chambers has been treated. He served his ban, let him get on with it.

donsimon
    Free Member

IanMunro – Member

What’s the latest on Bertie?

Pat McQuaid doesn’t believe he’ll be in the Tour and UCI would like thatThe Real Federación Española de Ciclismo make their decision at the end of the month, then any sanctions, if at all, will be decided. But the time frame doesn’t look good for him in the Tour.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Yawn.

hora
    Free Member

Lifetime ban for those that ‘forget 3 times’ as well. If its your livelihood why the **** would you ‘forget’ something so important 3 times?!!!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yup, you might. I’ve a friend who works with a variety of track athletes including one who forgot. Apparently she really is quite ditzy, and pretty rubbish at keeping on top of these sort of things.

hora
    Free Member

Oh I agree but if there was a rule in your office that you would lose your job if you forgot to turn off your PC at hometime on the third occasion you’d nervously check and recheck before going home wouldn’t you?

Garry_Lager

Structural integrity of bubble at 100% Captain.

Quoting Floyd Landis, dear me. The lad’s got negative credibility. Actually makes me think Lance didn’t dope the things that Floyd comes out with.

Lance went on holiday and asked me to look after his blood bags in the closet whilst he was away. Of course he did Floyd, now go and have a lie down you delusional fantasist.

lazybike
    Free Member

I think Lance used doped teamates to drag him around France, question is, can he hold the wheel of a charged teammate whilst riding clean, maybe he could.

warton
    Free Member

He doped. We all know it. Just like everyone doped in the 90’s. He beat Pantani, the best climber of his generation, who was doping massively at the time on a couple of big mountains. there is no way he could do that clean, no way on earth. Armstrong is different to other cyclists, he’s one of the most famous men on earth, through his tour wins and celebrity he owns a massive chunk of SRAM and Trek. The US government bankrolled the US postal team, so its a little bit more serious than a 2 year ban, if found guilty (and I doubt he will, he can afford the best lawyers on the planet) he will go to prison.

hora
    Free Member

Lance went on holiday and asked me to look after his blood bags in the closet

Reminds me of the ‘sausages’ provided by a mate from a Butchers someone couldn’t remember which one they bought them from in Spain…

robdob
    Free Member

I think that there is no way, if Lance was cheating, that he would have been able to evade detection. The staggering amount of tests and scrutiny has never found any concrete evidence. The only titbits of info have come from sources who have always had a vendetta against him or other “caught” riders trying to show up other people.
    I’d hate to be in a court with some of the people, including some on here who really don’t have even a fraction of the facts, who “know” he cheated – I doubt I’d get a fair trial.
    I personally don’t know if he cheated or not, maybe only Lance knows 100%, but the weight of evidence surely points to him being an honest rider. For every tiny accusation based on hearsay there are hundreds of negative tests.
    I’d like to think that the process of going through cancer has shown him what real pain and suffering really is, and he has been able to develop himself far beyond what most people could do as he knows the ultimate limits he has been to. Coupled with the fact that he was a very good rider before the illness and the natural body advantages he was born with make me think, yeah, someone could achieve why he did in an honest way.

footflaps

A tired magazine looking for a circulation boost?

hora
    Free Member

I think every so often a writer wants to make a name for himself or its a quiet news week so they pop out another ‘Lance about to be banned’.

A guy literally bust his balls to win his tours yet some fat **** wants to ride on the back of him for free at the expense of his reputation.

A true American hero with pricks on his coat tails.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jealousy’s a terrible thing.

RepacK
    Free Member

Regurgitating old info and really they are flogging the same old smear-campaign in this story huh?

‘if found guilty of taking it in his Tour winning years’….

The references are all in the 90’s. The writer is a pillock.

+1, no new revelations. This is all known documented stuff. Dont know about the writer but it does seem a rather lazy piece of journalism.

iDave

Armstrong has built a cancer related business, often erroneously thought to be a charity

Ive always been under the impression that it was a non-profit organisation. Although not strictly speaking a charity it is still charitable non?

warton
    Free Member

robdob

David Millar

Jan Ullrich

Barnie Riis

Richard Virenque

just off the top of my head, all admitted doping, not one tested positive.

clubber
    Free Member

but the weight of evidence surely points to him being an honest rider. For every tiny accusation based on hearsay there are hundreds of negative tests.

I’d argue the opposite I’m afraid. I wanted to believe that he was clean but so many things have come up that it seems clear to me that he did dope. As to negative tests, any number of doped riders who’ve been caught out in other ways have said that it was easy to avoid detection.

Del

well, the feds seem to think there’s a case to answer, and a grand jury is not to be messed with.
    the truth, or at least some version of it, will out.

RepacK
    Free Member

As to negative tests, any number of doped riders who’ve been caught out in other ways have said that it was easy to avoid detection.

The dopers & cheats have always been ahead of the testers, sadly..

IanMunro
    Free Member

I know nothing about the business setup, but a non-profit organisation still has to pay staff costs, and I imagine the staff cost of Lance could be very very high.

clubber
    Free Member

As to the livestrong accusation, I believe that’s about the fact that Armstrong uses it to pay for some pretty hefty bills for travel, etc that while you can argue are part of his job for the charity, are pretty massive.

Some debate on it here: http://forums.cyclingweekly.co.uk/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=News&Number=104954&page=0&fpart=1

hora
    Free Member

who’ve been caught out in other ways have said that it was easy to avoid detection

They were caught. Your sentence is redundant.

Clubber hes the keyman to the business.

clubber
    Free Member

Not really when they were caught by the law rather than the sporting body. Not all countries chase their athletes for doping activity.

Assuming that it was (hopefully not is) easy to avoid doping controls then testing negative proves nothing and that’s a perfectly valid point.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 156 total)

The topic ‘Armstrongs bubble soon to burst?’ is closed to new replies.